FAQ: The Dream World- Official Discussion - Page 54

Page 54 of 166 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: The Dream World- Official Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Dream World- Official Discussion

Is there a limit to how many DW Pals we can have? I am trying to accept a DW Pal request but keep getting a message that my list is full and to adjust my list in my profile? Do they mean delete some users? I heard you get DW points by making getting new DW Pals.

Can you be able to only choose 1 Pokemon on the Tree of Dreams? It's because I've befriended many Pokemon and I want to send them all on my Pokemon White game, but the DW just ask me to give one berry, and I'm willing to give each berry for all of my befriended Pokemon, so is there no way to send all of my befriended Pokemon on my game and only to choose one of them?

Thanks! :)

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger Jazz View Post
    What is the limit for Dream pals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    Is there a limit to how many DW Pals we can have? I am trying to accept a DW Pal request but keep getting a message that my list is full and to adjust my list in my profile? Do they mean delete some users? I heard you get DW points by making getting new DW Pals.
    Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    is there a limit on DW Pals? cuz at most i see people with is 5 but i already have 2 dwp's and have like 2 friend requests pending, and now i just got 5 more dream world pal friend requests on back log for me to accept D: how many can we have?

Edit: ok i just saw that one of my DW friends has 8 dw pals, so maybe you can have at least 10?
    ok i just figured out what our DW pals limit is, and sadly its 8 total :/
    and yes when it says ur list is full they mean delete someone. you can do this on you PGL profile under the DW tab (purple). and this is how you get DW points (scroll to the bottom)

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

I LOVE dream world. Has anyone received their eeveeloution yet. I got Flareon.
    My question is, how do other people visit your house?

Neo

Quote Originally Posted by dukeburger View Post
    Really? I wasn't sure because I know I haven't been getting very high scores on the mini games. In that case, are you sure the Dream World isn't just heavily biased toward giving out male Pokemon then? I've only been playing for a few days but seriously... all I ever get are males. ;__;
    It seems to be, and for good reason. In all the times I've played, only about 1 out of every 5 Pokémon, sometimes 1 out of 10, are female. I don't think the score would influence it, but then again I'm only basing this on observation.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

I just tried the Dream World last night. It's pretty fun.

I'm just curious. Is it very hard to get 7500 Dream Points?
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    It seems to be roughly 10. And having Dream Pals doesn't matter so much to get points now you can visit any random people.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemoll View Post
    I LOVE dream world. Has anyone received their eeveeloution yet. I got Flareon.
    My question is, how do other people visit your house?
    Assuming you've set your Profile viewable to everyone;
    View Dream Pal Map>[name]'s Home is some random person's house. Random people can do the same to visit you if both of your Profiles are viewable by everyone.
    Really? I wasn't sure because I know I haven't been getting very high scores on the mini games. In that case, are you sure the Dream World isn't just heavily biased toward giving out male Pokemon then? I've only been playing for a few days but seriously... all I ever get are males. ;__;
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    It seems to be, and for good reason. In all the times I've played, only about 1 out of every 5 Pokémon, sometimes 1 out of 10, are female. I don't think the score would influence it, but then again I'm only basing this on observation.
    Females are just very, very rare because the site is sexist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    Hey, today when I visited DW I made a couple of visits to the island, and they went fine, but on one visit I got this weird popup every time I clicked on an item sparkle:

The next time I went to the island, everything worked normally and was in English. It was just this one visit, but I can't read Japanese... I think they might have forgotten to translate this text? I can't tell if it's an error or what.

Has anyone else gotten something like this, and does anyone know what it means?
    'An error occured when loading data.' There's plenty of untranslated stuff in the Dream World, though that's the first time I've seen it actually pop out the front-end lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I find it hilarious that even though he's obviously exploiting a glitch in the game's programming, he still ends up short of the 30000 mark. Great game, guys.

I know, right? It seems like a complete contradiction - you can't access the Island until you send the Pokémon to the Entralink, so the only way to get a second Pokémon on the board is, well, to get rid of the first one.

What happens when you wish for a Pokémon, then exit the Dream World without waking the Pokémon up, wait a day, and attempt to cross the bridge the next day, with a Pokémon still on the board?
    It wouldn't let you in, I believe. Also, for the ice cream, make sure every scoop is bitesize to get a 2x multiplier, and make sure you use exactly equal amounts of each flavour for another 2x multiplier.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMuk View Post
    You mean, in the Entralink, or on your Friend Board?
    Coz, for the Entralink, just dont pick up your Pokemon from the previous day, and it will still be there when you add more Pokemon to the Entree Forest.

And for the Friend Board...Well, theres clearly a coloured pin system present...but we probably dont have access to it yet. Like, in the Japanese DW, you can visit someones Island if they appear at the Wishing Tree, but you cant in English yet.
    You can't even do that, because you could not visit random people in the old site, that option was pointless, and now you can visit random people... they removed that option.
    Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but how exactly do you go about getting female Pokemon from the Dream World? Do you have to score a certain amount of points in the mini-games? If so, what do you have to score? Or does that only matter for getting rare moves?

I'm not sure if I'm just insanely unlucky or just sucking too badly on the mini-games... but I haven't gotten a single female Pokemon yet (aside from female Nidoran, which is obviously always going to be female). I really want a female Exeggcute. :( Thanks in advance for any help.
    The score decides only the move.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMuk View Post
    Unfortunately, you're just unlucky. Genders are assigned randomly after you finish the mini game. The only thing the score determines is what moves it will have. Gender ratio does also play a part, but most DW Pokemon are 50/50.
    Genders are assigned randomly when you cross the rainbow bridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Thanks!
    Also, how can I become someone's dream pal? Is that right I have to register their friend code in-game? I hope that's wrong cause I don't plan to send Cubchoo back to Black in the upcoming week or so... for a few days my DS refused to connect to wifi so this time I'll just let it stay there for a while
    You don't have to register friend codes, but you may want to rethink that plan about your Cubchoo since the moment you wish for one Pokemon to materialise in BW, you're locked out of the Island of Dreams and can't do much until you send your Cubchoo back. If you were using WiFi daily you could do that every day, else it may be a long week for you, Dream World-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalleg View Post
    So basically in order to visit other people's homes in the PDW you don't need to exchange FCs, just send a Dream Pal request and if that person accepts it, you can visit their home?
    How would they determine that person though? Is it purely random?
    Also, would you happen to know anything about my previous second question?

It is purely random, you can go back to your home and check that screen again for another person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
    Does anyone know how to change profile details? I'm listed as USA and I don't want to be
    I think it's based on your settings in your main pokemon.com profile, but I can't say for sure. Being a site made by Americans it's probably got the default as USA.
    Last edited by bluesun; 18th April 2011 at 09:48 AM.

Rev
    Blog Entries

Hey, does anyone know how long the Game Sync needs to recharge after the time/date has been changed on the DS? I'm hoping it's not 48hrs :S.
    White~1248 9177 2603~White
    Platinum~0604 5276 0111~Platinum

~My RNG babies and captures~

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Hey, does anyone know how long the Game Sync needs to recharge after the time/date has been changed on the DS? I'm hoping it's not 48hrs :S.
    i believe it's 24hrs.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Rev
    Blog Entries

Ok cool.. it doesn't help that I can't remember what time exactly I changed the time on the DS xD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
    Does anyone know how to change profile details? I'm listed as USA and I don't want to be
    I was under the impression that it's determined by what you set your location to ingame... like for the GTS and such.
    If that's the case, it's impossible to change... which is unfortunate if you move to a different country and want to update your location.

Blog Entries

It seems to be roughly 10. And having Dream Pals doesn't matter so much to get points now you can visit any random people
    How do I visit random people?

Rev
    Blog Entries

Is there a limit on how many pokemon you can encounter (not befriend - just encounter) for one day? Cause the last two times I went through the Pleasant Forest, I did not encounter a single pokemon :S.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Is there a limit on how many pokemon you can encounter (not befriend - just encounter) for one day? Cause the last two times I went through the Pleasant Forest, I did not encounter a single pokemon :S.
    Quote Originally Posted by minimag View Post
    Yeah, after about 4-5 times going through it, wild pokemon and items will not appear until the next tuck in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    How do I visit random people?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    Assuming you've set your Profile viewable to everyone;
    View Dream Pal Map>[name]'s Home is some random person's house. Random people can do the same to visit you if both of your Profiles are viewable by everyone.

Rev
    Blog Entries

Oh, really should have read through the thread more. Cheers anyways :).