FAQ: The Dream World- Official Discussion - Page 53
Page 53 of 166 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dream World- Official Discussion

Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Default Re: The Dream World- Official Discussion

A few things -
    1. Can I resend the same pokemon back to the dream world? I like my mew being there.
    2. You can only wish for one pokemon - the others completely disappear?
    3. When I could choose what pokemon I wanted to take back to the entralink - how would it ever be possible to have more than one pokemon in there? Thanks

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    A few things -
    1. Can I resend the same pokemon back to the dream world? I like my mew being there.
    2. You can only wish for one pokemon - the others completely disappear?
    3. When I could choose what pokemon I wanted to take back to the entralink - how would it ever be possible to have more than one pokemon in there? Thanks

1) yes, i've sent the same pokemon multiple times into the DW
    2) yes they disappear if you wish for one of them to go with you. If you don't wish for any they will still be listed the next day as well.
    3) no clue :S

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Blog Entries

Hey, today when I visited DW I made a couple of visits to the island, and they went fine, but on one visit I got this weird popup every time I clicked on an item sparkle:

The next time I went to the island, everything worked normally and was in English. It was just this one visit, but I can't read Japanese... I think they might have forgotten to translate this text? I can't tell if it's an error or what.

Has anyone else gotten something like this, and does anyone know what it means?

Wibbly-Wobbly Blastywasty Hydro Blastoise's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All I can understand from that screen is the Katakana: "Data" and "error". From what I can gather, there was probably an error when the area was loaded, since it appeared every time. I haven't gotten anything like that, though.
    Oak's words echoed... "Player! This isn't the time to use that!"
    Platinum: 4812 8510 1948 | SoulSilver: 3996 8822 9936
    White: 4298 2572 7641
    PGL Nickname: DarkBowser
    Wii #: 4411 3334 4226 7777

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro Blastoise View Post
    All I can understand from that screen is the Katakana: "Data" and "error". From what I can gather, there was probably an error when the area was loaded, since it appeared every time. I haven't gotten anything like that, though.
    Thanks! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannotaur View Post
    I find it hilarious that even though he's obviously exploiting a glitch in the game's programming, he still ends up short of the 30000 mark. Great game, guys.

3. When I could choose what pokemon I wanted to take back to the entralink - how would it ever be possible to have more than one pokemon in there?
    I know, right? It seems like a complete contradiction - you can't access the Island until you send the Pokémon to the Entralink, so the only way to get a second Pokémon on the board is, well, to get rid of the first one.

What happens when you wish for a Pokémon, then exit the Dream World without waking the Pokémon up, wait a day, and attempt to cross the bridge the next day, with a Pokémon still on the board?

Other than that, the only reason I can think of is that it has to do with promotions -- special promotional Pokémon which you enter a code for would end up on the other empty spaces on the board. Who knows.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannotaur View Post
    So adding that small scoop automatically makes the ice cream stay on or something?

Very Fine Dodger
    Blog Entries

What is the limit for Dream pals?
    I have dodged many things, but that is not why I am a dodger. I just like wearing striped shirts.

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

You mean, in the Entralink, or on your Friend Board?
    Coz, for the Entralink, just dont pick up your Pokemon from the previous day, and it will still be there when you add more Pokemon to the Entree Forest.

And for the Friend Board...Well, theres clearly a coloured pin system present...but we probably dont have access to it yet. Like, in the Japanese DW, you can visit someones Island if they appear at the Wishing Tree, but you cant in English yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I find it hilarious that even though he's obviously exploiting a glitch in the game's programming, he still ends up short of the 30000 mark. Great game, guys.
    Lol yes. I usually just go as high as I can, just so I don't waste the berry. I hope they add more games soon

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    So adding that small scoop automatically makes the ice cream stay on or something?
    Apparently so. It works for me anyway. Though you have to be really quick with it sometimes.

Currently waiting to go on with my black. Still saying my game synch is out of power.

3DS Friend Code- 2595-1082-4370-
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Pumpkaboo, Lampent, and Golurk

Blog Entries

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but how exactly do you go about getting female Pokemon from the Dream World? Do you have to score a certain amount of points in the mini-games? If so, what do you have to score? Or does that only matter for getting rare moves?

I'm not sure if I'm just insanely unlucky or just sucking too badly on the mini-games... but I haven't gotten a single female Pokemon yet (aside from female Nidoran, which is obviously always going to be female). I really want a female Exeggcute. :( Thanks in advance for any help.
    Diamond: Pogo, 0344-6412-9174
    Platinum: Pogo, 0989-7773-1927

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by dukeburger View Post
    Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but how exactly do you go about getting female Pokemon from the Dream World? Do you have to score a certain amount of points in the mini-games? If so, what do you have to score? Or does that only matter for getting rare moves?

I'm not sure if I'm just insanely unlucky or just sucking too badly on the mini-games... but I haven't gotten a single female Pokemon yet (aside from female Nidoran, which is obviously always going to be female). I really want a female Exeggcute. :( Thanks in advance for any help.
    Unfortunately, you're just unlucky. Genders are assigned randomly after you finish the mini game. The only thing the score determines is what moves it will have. Gender ratio does also play a part, but most DW Pokemon are 50/50.

I don't know if anyone else encountered this, but does the Island of Dreams tend to "die" after a while of playing? I am very finicky when it comes to playing with pokemon, and one day, I was constantly rejecting offers to play because I didn't want the pokemon that was there. After several entrys to the island without befriending any pokemon, I eventually came upon emptiness. There were no sparkles, no rustles from pokemon, or anything. It kind of sucks because I was never able to find the pokemon I wanted, and as much as a reentered the Pleasant Forest was still completely empty.

Fortunately, after 24 hours and logging out of the Dream World I was able to find the encounters again, but is this suppose to happen?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Youngster_Joey View Post
    I don't know if anyone else encountered this, but does the Island of Dreams tend to "die" after a while of playing? I am very finicky when it comes to playing with pokemon, and one day, I was constantly rejecting offers to play because I didn't want the pokemon that was there. After several entrys to the island without befriending any pokemon, I eventually came upon emptiness. There were no sparkles, no rustles from pokemon, or anything. It kind of sucks because I was never able to find the pokemon I wanted, and as much as a reentered the Pleasant Forest was still completely empty.

Fortunately, after 24 hours and logging out of the Dream World I was able to find the encounters again, but is this suppose to happen?
    Yeah, after about 4-5 times going through it, wild pokemon and items will not appear until the next tuck in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMuk View Post
    Unfortunately, you're just unlucky. Genders are assigned randomly after you finish the mini game. The only thing the score determines is what moves it will have. Gender ratio does also play a part, but most DW Pokemon are 50/50.
    Really? I wasn't sure because I know I haven't been getting very high scores on the mini games. In that case, are you sure the Dream World isn't just heavily biased toward giving out male Pokemon then? I've only been playing for a few days but seriously... all I ever get are males. ;__;
    Diamond: Pogo, 0344-6412-9174
    Platinum: Pogo, 0989-7773-1927