Like Tree84Likes

Thread: The Dream World- Official Discussion

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Dream World- Official Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    ...Just a tip to everyone: You can only transfer up to 50 Pokemon..Once you hit that limit, I don't think you will be able to befriend any more Pokemon. I'm going to save room for rarer Pokemon. I encountered Rattata, Eggexcute, and didn't bother to befriend them. Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    where is that stated? i can't find that anywhere here. If this is true, then fuuu- this DW is going to have a limited amount of usefulness eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannotaur View Post
    I think they mean you can only have a certain amount of space on your friend board. Though I'm sure there is a way to delete some.
    yup. i stumbled upon a post on a thread (that frugrow posted believe it or not lol) that explained it better so not to confuse ppl into thinking that once you befriend and send 50 dw pokemon, that's it.

here:
    Quote Originally Posted by michrure on livejournal's pokemon community
    I did a little reading cause I'm curious too. It's all off forums, so I'm not sure I'm right but some people said that you can have a MAX of 50 IN the Entralink Forrest. Doesn't mean you can't catch them and send to the PC and then go to DW and send more.

Other people have said that it WAS limited back in January (for the Japanese server) but they removed it, for obvious "Dream World is now useless" reasons.

Again I just read all that on forums, so I dunno for sure.

Someone also said this:

It's not that you can only get 50 Pokémon from the DW, you cant have more 50 Pokémon on your Friend Board in your house at one time. The reason for this is that the Pokémon on your Friend Board are Pokémon that you've wished for at the tree, but haven't transferred to your game.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

As you stack it higher and higher there are goal lines. The more you get the better moves your pokemon will get. I find its better to build a solid foundation rather than trying to make huge ice cream balls, but that's me.
    I just dump the biggest scoops possible of the stickiest ice-cream. They generally stick before the fall off. Best is is a gravity defying tower of ice-cream 170 inches tall (Nearly 4.5 metres!)

But what's the heart thingy? Is that for choosing the right ice-cream or for getting them the right size? The points seem to depend on that for something so I'm sure I'm missing something. It's like a fraction where the numerator is some unknown thing that I occasionally get by accident and the denominator is the total number of scoops in the heap.

I just realised how boring we westerners are. US, Canada, UK and Germany all had Victini as their most tucked in pokemon. Moldova has Rayquaza!

Is it just me or is encountering pokemon of specific gender is dependant on your mons gender ? I mean its 3rd day, I befriended about 20 and the only females I got were Nidoran F and Kanghaskhan.

I noticed I were sending only male Heracross, Galvantula and Scyther so maybe thats the case
    White FC: 1721-2556-2597 (nick Olek)

Remember folks. EV training in Celestial Tower rocks.

Rev
    Blog Entries

My first time in the Dream World, and the first pokemon I befriended.. a Surskit xD. Bring on tomorrow!
    White~1248 9177 2603~White
    Platinum~0604 5276 0111~Platinum

~My RNG babies and captures~

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Got a female Shinx with Night Slash...Come on Gutsray!

sparkl on, dargon slaer Fox Magician's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fox Magician On Twitter Add Fox Magician on Google+

Victini isn't as boring as Audino though. Seriously Japan!
    My brother befriended a female Igglybuff with Friend Guard. Is that good?

Now I like Shaymin better Fluffy Cinccino's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I also have a Friend Guard Igglybuff.

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

So far, I always get at least a female. Not the ones I'd like, but hey, I'll need them all eventually. I have a Rattled Poochyena, Flame Body Ponyta and a Run Away Oddish.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Sylver View Post
    Victini isn't as boring as Audino though. Seriously Japan!
    My brother befriended a female Igglybuff with Friend Guard. Is that good?
    Once it evolves into Wigglytuff, it'll get Frisk, so that's not bad at all. Frisk can be quite useful, more than Cute Charm most of the times at least (you don't really want to risk Wigglytuff being touched too often by physical attacks).

Blog Entries

Thanks ghaskan for that!

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Sharing Shelves are too easy to abuse, live giving someone an Oran Berry for an awesome item.

Blog Entries

I gave an Oran for a Kelpsy, if that's another way of putting it

Blog Entries

i got 1 last question i forgot to offer anything on the tree and i was wondering will tat same pokemon tat i befriend it will still be there waiting the next day because i found lots of good female pokemon... i'm sorta worried i may miss my chance.... :(

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokestar View Post
    How do I become dream world friends with my friends?
    It seems that for now you don't, unless you randomly meet them in the Dream World.
    I made another account for my Black and got a Shinx that knows Magnet Rise. I also re did that stupid Eeveelution game and got Espeon. Now I just have to wait until they give those out and I'll have Espeon and Vaporeon.
    Does anyone know if you can soft reset for a better nature for Dream World pokemon or is it set in stone once you get them in your Entra Link forest? Also can Dream World pokemon be shiny? Sorry if this stuff has been asked already.
    You can softreset for other natures, and I don't know if they can be shiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
    Same. I don't live in Japan, I would prefer to see the most popular one in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff View Post
    I was kind of wondering that too. I wish it wasn't stuck on showing me all the audino in Japan, I'd like to see a better collection of data. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
    Why does everybody use audino for it?
    Japanese people are probably wondering the same thing, my guess is it's stuck on some test data where the only thing *is* Audino.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariowie View Post
    got myself today a moody female bidoof, and some dw friends don't ask how I got them they apparently visited my house, and then I got to visit their houses.
    You can visit random people and request they become your friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabidtangerine View Post
    Another question: When do legendaries and gen V Pokés appear in the DW? In my three trips to the island I've only seen Pokemon of the first four generations, and it seems like the same ones as everybody else (Taillow, Farfetch'd, Lotad, Hoppip and Ponyta seem to be really common ones).
    Gen V Pokemon can't appear, since the images for them to appear in the Dream Forest don't exist. They could give out Hidden Ability Pokemon over Mystery Gift though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf900 View Post
    i got a question about the games i sorta didnt read the ice cream part what is the object of the game aka goal is to stack 1 ice cream on top of another and try to get it high?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelbadger View Post
    I just dump the biggest scoops possible of the stickiest ice-cream. They generally stick before the fall off. Best is is a gravity defying tower of ice-cream 170 inches tall (Nearly 4.5 metres!)

But what's the heart thingy? Is that for choosing the right ice-cream or for getting them the right size? The points seem to depend on that for something so I'm sure I'm missing something. It's like a fraction where the numerator is some unknown thing that I occasionally get by accident and the denominator is the total number of scoops in the heap.
    What you have to do is; Using an equal amount of each type of ice cream, using scoops as close to those shown as bite-size as possible, make a tower as large as you can.
    Also, the berry you use affects the stats of the ice cream. Bulbapedia doesn't like lists like those, so when I made up a list I gave it to Serebii, and you can find it on his site.

If you just use one type and no bite-size scoops, you'll never get the rare moves at 30000 points. You'd need a tower 300cm or 300in high(!) (1cm=1in, which is displayed depends where you are.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    I think I am getting the hang of the DW and can appreciate and enjoy it much more now. :)

Just a tip to everyone: You can only transfer up to 50 Pokemon..Once you hit that limit, I don't think you will be able to befriend any more Pokemon. I'm going to save room for rarer Pokemon. I encountered Rattata, Eggexcute, and didn't bother to befriend them. Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    where is that stated? i can't find that anywhere here. If this is true, then fuuu- this DW is going to have a limited amount of usefulness eventually.
    Apparently there was a limit in Japan but it was removed... shortly after 50 days elapsed. It's stated in one of the tutorials 'If you have 50 Pokemon on your Friend Board, you cannot go to the Island of Dreams.'
    Last edited by bluesun; 16th April 2011 at 10:16 AM.

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf900 View Post
    i got 1 last question i forgot to offer anything on the tree and i was wondering will tat same pokemon tat i befriend it will still be there waiting the next day because i found lots of good female pokemon... i'm sorta worried i may miss my chance.... :(
    You have to get them that day unless they're already on your friend board.

Blog Entries

How come it only lets me have one Pokemon on my friend board? And when I try to get more, it says I need to send them to Entralink