FAQ: The Dream World- Official Discussion - Page 2
Page 2 of 166 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dream World- Official Discussion

Default Re: The Dream World

Black and White do not exist. The new information was all a dream.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

What a twist!

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

that really is very interesting and i look forward to using the website. I hope Munna isnt very rare and can be obtained fairly early on in the game, but we also have the Transfer machine so i guess this is the way to get old pokemon to B/W but i would bet you can only do that after obtaining the National Pokedex like in the other games, wonder if NIntendo will use this as a way to give out Events as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokenerd15 View Post
    so i guess this is the way to get old pokemon to B/W but i would bet you can only do that after obtaining the National Pokedex like in the other games, wonder if NIntendo will use this as a way to give out Events as well.
    I can't see more than a select few Pokémon being exclusive to this method, which relies on an Internet connection, and thus can hardly be considered as part of normal gameplay. Even the Pokéwalker, which was actually packaged with HGSS, only offered 21 exclusive Pokémon; the majority of Generation III and IV species were made normally available.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuutakeshi- View Post
    See, they are incense burners that people but by their beds.
    Yes "incense" :P

Still doesn't negate the Baku aspect of them. The could be based off of both. I just find it weird we're capturing Pokemon from our dreams, then again there's Darkrai.

Okay, let me get this straight. Dream World is the new Pal Park, correct? So was the whole "Friend Park" thing just a rumor? And instead of transferring them directly from HGSS, they'll be sent to.. your computer?
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Okay, let me get this straight. Dream World is the new Pal Park, correct? So was the whole "Friend Park" thing just a rumor?
    Dream World is an in-game Pokewalker.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Dream World is an in-game Pokewalker.
    And I was hoping there's be an upgrade of sorts for the pokewalker. Oh well.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Separation is such a big theme in these games that Pokémon and their trainers hardly get to do anything together anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    Separation is such a big theme in these games that Pokémon and their trainers hardly get to do anything together anymore.
    Now that you mention it, the rumours of no gyms, no info on contests or pokeathlons...

Blog Entries

Ah, so it was N who got rid of the walking pokemon mechanic. I hate him now. :)

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    They go on an entire adventure together, not to mention you spend your whole journey trying to prove to a guy that this shouldn't be the case. Also... how can the Pokemon even go into the Dream World without the trainer sans Darkrai and possibly Cresselia? They need you to send them there/into your computer.

So will the Dream World thing mean that the games will come with an installation disc for the program on your computer or is this a browser minigame that you can access on the Pokemon official website? Seeing how it says "Internet" I guess it's the later, but if that's so, wouldn't that mean a lot of... crashes?
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Blog Entries

I believe a website is being set up.

While 21 Pokemon were walker exclusive, most of the early routes could get you stuff LONG before it became catchable normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex
    JC Denton: "What a shame."

Quote Originally Posted by deuxhero View Post
    While 21 Pokemon were walker exclusive, most of the early routes could get you stuff LONG before it became catchable normally.
    It seems that the Dream World will be especially helpful before the International Pokédex becomes available. But when all is said and done, neither the Dream World nor the Transmitting Machine should be a necessity for obtaining the bulk of old critters; it would be quite tedious otherwise.

They go on an entire adventure together, not to mention you spend your whole journey trying to prove to a guy that this shouldn't be the case. Also... how can the Pokemon even go into the Dream World without the trainer sans Darkrai and possibly Cresselia? They need you to send them there/into your computer.
    I was being facetious; we are obviously still dealing with characters who train Pokémon. However, it is impossible not to note that walking with Pokémon and the Pokéwalker are both absent from games where the story deals with separating Pokémon from humans.

One of the screenshot shows the player near a wild Pikachu in its overworld sprite. I suppose that all Pokémon available in this method will have their HGSS overworld sprites present, which should be easy due to the lack of special 3D effects.
    Last edited by Silktree; 13th July 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Page 2 of 166 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast