FAQ: The Dream World- Official Discussion - Page 13

Page 13 of 166 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: The Dream World- Official Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Dream World

do the pokemons that are available differ depending on the time of day?

Quote Originally Posted by Toonpenguin View Post
    And its insane 5000 points are needed to get to the next area. I'm barely at 1300. I mean you have to get lucky when it comes to seeing alot of pokemon so you can get 30 points a piece of the mini-games but if you don't and have horrible luck like i have you barely see 4 and therefor only get 120 points at the most.
    Atleast when you get 1800 points you get a third row for berries. I personally just plant oran berries because they grow the fastest. But even with the third row you can only get 120 points a day from growing berries. Its just ridcilous. Either they need to increase the time limit of each day, or allow you to capture and return more then 1 pokemon a day because its going to take like atleast 20 days for an average run of the dream world to get the necessary points to access the next area

(Just a little math to proove my point)
    Harvest Berries (10 points ) x 6 berries = 60 a day
    complete mini game(10-30(lets use 20 as an average)) x 5 = 100 a day
    Send back a pokemon x 1 = 50

Thats barely 210 points on an average day for the first 9 days (1800/210)
    After that you'll gain 240 from there on out until you get the next row which for now we will assume its not till after 500

so 5000-1800= 3200 / 240 = 14 days. So add that with the 9 days from before you reach 1800 points and thats a total of 23 days.

Is it just me or does that just seem over the top ridiculous considering all the restrictions there are on the dream world currently.
    Well I don't think they planned on having the 1 hour limit on at first, they just had to because of the large number of people coming. So they didn't change the requirements and it looks like that's causing the hard situation.

I'd imagine they plan on increasing the time limit though eventually, it's hardly desirable.
    Planned Pokemon White Team

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Some interesting data I have gleaned from the site...
    Also, it looks there are 7 maps to the Dream Island that can be chosen from.
    EDIT@14:20: And here's a full ice cream growth speed/stickiness star table from the site, in the style of the one here. Unique combinations are followed by "!".
    Last edited by bluesun; 26th October 2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Ice Cream

Blog Entries

how do you add rows to berry growing plots.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Now, for the third of my website rips, all the Pokemon art in not one, but two formats! One for the bitmap pngs, as on bulbapedia, and one for the decrypted original vector swf files. Every single Pokemon currently on the Dream World server is represented.
    vector.zip
    bitmap.zip
    If you enjoy them and have BW, please consider trading and swapping Friend Codes with me, in order to help expand both of our Dream Worlds!

29/10 edit: From my investigating, I have determined these things:
    So far I've verified 34 out of the possible 48 encounter slots, when I get most or all filled I'll post a complete encounter list, and you'll be able to tell exactly what Pokemon could be in each shaking bush or tree.
    Last edited by bluesun; 29th October 2010 at 03:44 AM.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I am always up for more friends, specifically now that they've become so important for the PGL page and Dreamworld, so I'll be more than happy to add anyone! My player-name is "クリス" and my FC is in my sig. (but I'll put it here for the future: 2279 2340 0177)... I think if you add people in the PGL page you might not have to have both enter their codes... (but we'll find out either way)

I think I'm only at about 1200 points right now, but having more neighbors gives you a better chance to increase in points faster)
    Last edited by bell02+; 30th October 2010 at 03:26 AM.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bell02+ View Post
    [...]I think if you add people in the PGL page you might not have to have both enter their codes... (but we'll find out either way)[...]
    You can't add people through the PGL, there's not even any option to...

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Did they announce the winner of that Dream World pre poll thing yet?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bell02+ View Post
    I am always up for more friends, specifically now that they've become so important for the PGL page and Dreamworld, so I'll be more than happy to add anyone! My player-name is "クリス" and my FC is in my sig. (but I'll put it here for the future: 2279 2340 0177)... I think if you add people in the PGL page you might not have to have both enter their codes... (but we'll find out either way)

I think I'm only at about 1200 points right now, but having more neighbors gives you a better chance to increase in points faster)
    I am for it, my bw code is in my sig. Lets at more people trade more berries and earn some points.

Blog Entries

I've got a question about the Dream World. Are the Pokemon you encounter there at random, or can certain events/points/whatnot trigger certain Pokemon. Say, for example, I want a Mogurew with Mold Breaker (which I do want, actually). Is there a certain time/event/points or whatever that can trigger an encounter with Mogurew? Or do you encounter the Pokemon there at random? I know in order to get one, you have to play a mini-game, and I know that certain areas can be accessed after a certain number of points, but is there any sort of way to purposely encounter the Pokemon you want? Thanks in advance.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

No 5th gen pokemon are available on the dream world at this time.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

I knew that much, Ryuutakeshi. I was using it as an example and happened to mention that I wanted one as a general statement. Now, let me re-ask my question. Are the Pokemon you encounter in the Dream World at random, or is there a specific or certain way you can encounter one that you want?
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Apparently certain ones appear if you play certain minigames.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    Apparently certain ones appear if you play certain minigames.
    Thank you. That was what I was looking for. Now I just have to figure out which mini-games are connected to which Pokemon. Luckily, I have time to figure that out. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    Thank you. That was what I was looking for. Now I just have to figure out which mini-games are connected to which Pokemon. Luckily, I have time to figure that out. Thank you again.
    he is most likely thinking of the search games, those pokemon do appear but you DO NOT catch them. The objective of those games is to find a single pokemon, and all the other ones you fine just disappear and you never get a chance to catch them or anything.

However once you get 5000 points in the dream world you unlock the sky world which has more pokemon, and then at 10,000 you unlock this water area which has even more pokemon.