Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Dream starter

TheAussie Rayquaza Master Brayquaza64's Avatar

Visit Brayquaza64's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Dream starter

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Frost View Post
    I'd want Eevee as a starter. It would be great because there are so many evos to choose from.
    agreed & MAGIKARP
    I was gonna stay the exact same thing.

Hmm looks like I'm gonna have to go with Buizel, Cottonee or Growlithe. Sounds reasonable? Water, Grass, Fire.

Look at them just standing there, waiting, thinking they're going to get picked.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Try my version of 'Which Pokemon Are You?' quiz for Gates to Infinity. (It is pretty long btw)

Since the game doesn't have one already... (I've used the old questions and the newest Pokemon)

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

I'm livin the dream and starting off the game with Togetic when I get White 2. I'm abandoning my original starter XD.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Flying, Fighting and Rock would be an interesting starter set in which case Geodude, Machop and Pidgey would work well.

i would want wooper since its my favorite pokemon ^.^

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Hmm, without TMs Gastly wouldn't be able to hit the generic Normal types and regional birds until level 22 and Litwick evolves at level 41, way too late for a starter.

I'd go for Nidoran, preferebly the male one. They evolve at the usual starter level of 16 into two different Pokemon depending on gender. I'd evolve mine, quickly get a Moon Stone, and rip through to game with Nidoking. Their great special movepool thanks to TMs makes an early stone use very worthwhile.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Quench the Fire Egoistical Machine's Avatar

I got tired of the Grass/Water/Fire tradition, a nice set of starters which don't belong to either of those types would be cool for once. They could make them all part Psychic and fill me with happiness. But sadly, that won't happen. Ever.
    In regards of already existing Pokémon, I'd pick... wait, I don't know. Too many to choose from. Maybe Ralts. Or Gothita. Or Solosis. Or some others...

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

A post-Gen II fire starter that doesn't become part Fighting type.
    Come on GameFreak, make it happen.

I also wouldn't mind a new trio of types. Fighting, Rock and Flying could work? Then have them evolve to cover their weaknesses:
    Fighting/Electric, Rock/Psychic and Flying/Steel would be badass starter types.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 30th September 2012 at 06:44 AM.

I realise it has been said before but Shinx would be my choice. Although, Eevee would make for a clever game as you could have a cap on friendship (so it doesn't evolve at all) until a certain point in the game where you are forced to choose which eeveelution you wish by the prof or something OR you aren't given a pokemon, you have had the eevee since you were very young and instead, (when it comes to the right time) the prof gives you the choice of the eeveelutions as you begin your adventure.

Mienfoo. I can just imagine my player character carrying it around in her arms like Misty did with Togepi.

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dream starter? For regulars, I think probably a Lucario, but that's quite early on in B2W2 in Flocessy Ranch for Riolu.
    My other pick would actually be Pikachu, with a Light Ball picked up part-way through the story.
    And for Legendaries, maybe one of the Creation Trio. Meloetta for Events.
    However, what I am doing for Black 2 is transferring my Keldeo once it's been EV Trained and has the necessary moves; a sort-of backup if you like.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Eevee is prob the best single possible starter since it has something for almost everyone.

but my personal choice on who i would want to start with is Beldum

Follow jamcoux On Twitter

I'd like to see something like bug/grass/rock

Then the starters could get a second type that gave it an advantage against the other starter that it was originally weak against. (This isn't perfect because grass against bug is the only that creates a real disadvantage).

Anyway, how about those starting types with the final forms of bug/fighting, grass/fire, and rock/poison (grass/fire and rock/poison being first of their kind)

I'm picturing the bug starter resembling a Joltik and growing into something like a Pinsir
    The grass starter could grow from something like Bulbasaur into a Venusaur / Torterra / Torkoal combination (or even something like a volcarona)
    Lastly the rock starter would be something small like a Roggenrola and evolve into something like Golem with purple colored poison features

Having trouble thinking of a reference for a rock/poison type pokemon.

Anyone else think this would be fun or have a better idea for the designs of the starters and their evolved forms?

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

For me, it would naturally be Buizel, cause I think it's adorable, and it's my favorite Pokemon of all.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

The Dude Abides

I dunno, something weird probably. I think in a couple months, I'm going to transfer all my old Pokemon to my shiny new White 2, and start a Bug run of White with a Durant egg. Or transfer a Durant egg to White 2. Because Durant owns so hard.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234