Dp = Gs... - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dp = Gs...

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    As far as I can tell, FRLG took close to a year of development time - having been released over a year after Ruby and Sapphire. A year on GSC remakes either means that the fifth gen gets rushed or that we'll have to once more wait an extra year for it :/
    Just because they held off on releasing it for a year, that doesn't mean it took a year of development. You don't suppose they rush out and release something the moment it's done, do you?

They space out the releases so as to hype it, ensure that it doesn't conflict with the last release, and to do adequate QA. Space out the releases for maximum profit.

I don't think that a game on the scale of a Fire Red and Leaf Green would take more than a few months of actual development.

- Trip
    AIM: Just One Trip
    YIM: murky_krow
    Google Talk murkykrow (at) gmail (dot) com

RabbitEars

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - Rush "Witch Hunt"

I don't think that a game on the scale of a Fire Red and Leaf Green would take more than a few months of actual development.
    And most of that was problably scripting out the new scenarios for the Sevii Islands and deciding on what changes to put in the game (VS Seeker, Berry locations, etc). Actually programming the game while posessing a previous build of it and an already working engine would take practically no time at all compared to doing it from scratch. I wouldn't be shocked to learn if they had already completed it only about 3 months after Ruby and Sapphire were released.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

I'll note that DP, with the global trader and the whole "insert cartridge X to do Y" deal, has by far the strongest incentives to honestly buy of any pokémon game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123