Dp = Gs...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dp = Gs...

Default Dp = Gs...

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis
    Ok, many of you are wondering what ever happened to the Red Gyarados, and here's the deal.

At the beginning of the game, you watch a TV report about a rampaging Red Gyarados in a distant lake, then your rival believes that a similar creature will be present in your hometown lake, a.k.a. the Trust Lake, and thus drags you there. Of course, there's no Red Gyarados there since it's never meant to be there, and naturally it was never mentioned again as the story progresses.

Given the extensive amount of GSC reference in D/P, this Red Gyarados could very well be the same one in the Lake of Rage in Johto, since D/P seems to take place around the same time as GSC.

In other words, the Red Gyarados was just a dramatic way to begin the story, but it was never in Shinou, so you won't encounter it in gameplay.

There are numerous other GSC references in the game. A man talks about a silver pokemon at the Whirl Islands, a rainbow pokemon at Tin Tower, as well as the Clefairy dance on Mt. Moon.

Coronis~
    Pretty neat....hmmm...this makes a GS remake even more likely, imo.

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

Wow, DP really is GS: Advance Edition.

I hope they do make the GSC remake. ^^

Trophies

I hope they don't :[ but Game Freak loves money so it's probably unavoidable.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

I hope if they do make a GSC remake, they will take the time to expand Kanto back to its full size, and expand Johto to match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

They should just drop Kanto and make tons of new areas in Johto.

OBJECTION meow meow! Neko Godot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Habunake Cooke. View Post
    They should just drop Kanto and make tons of new areas in Johto.
    Here here.

Also, they really need to rework the plot. TR did like nothing in GS. Give them something more sinister to do, and make Eugene the head of another evil team.

Finally, give Johto its own Elite 4. Drop Koga and Bruno, add Janine and another character, and make Eugene the champion.

Hare Hare Yukai!

Blog Entries

I am at a loss as to why certain people even chose to view Red Gyarados' "presence" as a "coincidental reference" or a "nod to previous generations", rather than proof of Hoenn and Kanto's parallelism carried on in Shin'ou and Johto. What exactly is so terrible and unaccpetable in that notion? How is it better to think that the storyline is linear and devoid of any meaning?

If Game Freak wanted to make it loud and clear that DS renditions of Gold and Silver were out of the question, Red Gyarados would be more than just barely touched upon in Diamond and Pearl - it would be available for capture.

I have never been able to understand how for every Johto Pokémon in a new game that is not a Gold/Silver remake, the likelyhood of the aforementioned games seeing the light of the day supposedly drop. If Game Freak wanted to re-visit and expand the world of the first generation in the third generation games, did it mean that the Pokémon introduced in the second generation had to be wiped off the face of the earth until those three years had passed again?

What?

Did you even read the previous posts?

Blog Entries

I'd give my right hand to see TR's glorious return.

Not really, but you get the idea...
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Habunake Cooke. View Post
    Did you even read the previous posts?
    That is the post-factum effect, which to me, should have been the consensus as soon as we became aware of Red Gyarados' having some role in the games. I recall getting into a rather superfluous debate on whether or not timeline applied to post-Crystal games.

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Neku View Post

Not really, but you get the idea...
    I consider TR's appearance in GS to be anything but glorious...

Ah, I thought you were referring to this thread, in which most people (me especially) agree that a GS Remake seems more likely.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Neku View Post
    One of the Team Galaxy grunts (In the northern village with the shrine and ruins) actually makes a little speach that's very reminiscent of Team Rocket's old anime motto ("Sekai wa, uchuu wa!"). Another one (The grunt who you chase from the water gym town to the hideout) also mumbles a number of things about the sea that sounded a bit like what you might expect to hear from a Team Aqua grunt.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

This, paired with Haruka in Johto... GS remakes seem likely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast