Does playing Pokemon make you childish? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Does playing Pokemon make you childish?

Conformity is Overrated. Phoenix502's Avatar

Visit Phoenix502's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Does playing Pokemon make you childish?

you know what I find absolutely ironic about the whole thing? I remember the recent accusation from that PETA group that pokemon is a bad thing, meanwhile we've got Glorified War going on throughout the course of the "Call of Modern Battlefield", and most likely even more over the fact that while these so-called "Moral Guardians" will frequently attack family-friendly franchises taking a bolder direction, like if Pokemon were to take a darker tone in storytelling or something, and yet they've left FPS games alone despite that at one time, some maniacal lawyer claimed they were murder simulators... these FPS nuts want to accuse ME of being childish? sure, War is bad, but playing Call of duty ain't helping you, and it sure as hell ain't demonstrating anything to you except "shoot anything that moves, and if you're feeling bold, save that poor little--" ahem...

whatever, as a fanfic writer on a bit of a hiatus, something like Pokemon has plenty of potential to take on a dark and less childish tone. I mean, look at Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers and the Original Series anime. I have yet to see the franchise go any darker than that.

I STILL can't get over the loooong realization of the countless amount of horror that PMD2 slipped past the radar. if fanchises like Pokemon were to keep up stuff like that in more than just mystery dungeon, then I'd say "to Crap with you trigger happy babies and your mindless FPS Violence, you'll never understand that there's much worse to face than getting shot or blown up!"

Visit PokeAbel06's Youtube Channel

I started pokemon when it was Pokemon R/B/Y. I was one of those kids who had EVERYTHING pokemon, as I got older I grew out of it, but here I am almost 9 years later and I just restarted my card collection & bought B&W. I am 24years old with a career and I am loving it all over again. Who cares what people think :)
    BlackGroudon and Koukoubean like this.

It's a pretty complex game outside of story mode, so I say no.
    Robo-Floatzel and Koukoubean like this.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I actually feel a bit more mature playing the games rather than childish, sure it's a kids game, but I've actually learned things from it. My parents still consider me to be childish whenever I play the games or watch the anime, though considering how childish I believe the anime has become, I can see why.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

I personally find it strange for young kids to be playing Pokemon more than I find it childish for people around my age or older to do so. Seriously, we're the ones that have been around since it all began, we like the series as a whole and will continue to play until it is no longer recognizable as Pokemon. Speaking of this kids, I have nothing against younger people playing the games, as long as they don't start calling me a nostalgia (insert insult here) because I still think Gen II was the best ever.
    PokeAbel06 likes this.

Follow theRagingEwok On Twitter

Pokemon makes me a whole lot more optimistic and bright about life in general. Kinda, weird, sometimes childish - so yeah... kinda :D
    PokeAbel06 likes this.

Double Trouble. Shayminlover123's Avatar

No I say a lot of teens play pokemon.

Blog Entries

I could care less what others think about it. they'll never understand it.

I Claim Groudon.Yay

Blog Entries

op here,

my little sisters boyfriend broke up with her today because he found out she plays Pokemon. They're both 15, and she is a beautiful, athletic girl who aces her school work and almost everything she does. Head of the cheer leading team, and reeking of confidence, her only secret was that she played Pokemon.

She came home crying, and I asked her why, she told me her boyfriend broke up with her because of it. Then she began to smile, and I asked why she was smiling if she was just upset a minute ago?

She told me he had gotten up in front of the class and admitted to everyone that she played Pokemon, and that she was a huge loser. As she begun to cry, kids around the classroom reached into their bags and dug out their ds's if they had them, or admitted to playing Pokemon in general. She said the whole class was in full support, and soon enough most of her year level. She has even started a Pokemon group, and he won't be in it.

My little sister, omg. I love her. ^.-
    PokeAbel06 likes this.

Mew

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345