Does playing Pokemon make you childish? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Does playing Pokemon make you childish?

Default Re: Does playing Pokemon make you childish?

Probably.

But I don' really care. I like the franchise and will be playing until the day GF screw it up.

The anime is. The games are not.
    Pokèmon is for kids? Well boobs are too. Doesn't mean that i can't like them.

Adults who have a lot of work to do and no time for gaming of their own, may think it's childish of me to play video games. About Pokemon, people just complain it being too repetitive. Pokemon should widen a bit and be aimed at more audiences, then people might like it more. Zelda is that way; you have cartoon Zelda and you have more grown-up Zelda, still they can be liked by all Zelda fans. I don't know if anyone think Zelda is childish.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Blog Entries

Personally, I think 'childish' applies more to how you react and behave about things than solely interest in it. You could play some teletubbies video game and I'd think nothing bad of you unless you run around the place going "I luv teletubbies OMGZ11!!!111 you should liek it too!!!". Now that is childish. Keep quiet, and just enjoy your game. Do whatever makes you happy, as long as you don't bother people.

In the same way, whether "Pokémon makes you childish" or not depends on how you behave about it. Don't scream it in the halls when you know no one'll care.

And how could I forget that one aspect that has been mentioned to death in this thread? Pokémon is actually very strategic and competitive. On the surface, it's a 'kid's game' and everyone can enjoy it, but go a bit deeper and whoa. Suddenly so much stuff.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

I imagine most of the people posting in this thread are going to say no...and I'm one of them. Been playing ever since I was a kid when it first came out, and still play it to this day. I'm not ashamed of my love for Pokemon. :p

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

No. If anything, playing Pokemon makes you competitively obsessed since it's becoming more accepted in the fandom.

Since when was playing a Nostalgic game from your youth, to reminisce on good memories childish?

"Persona!"

Yes, because it takes the pointless violence in Call of Duty to make you a real man :P
    Check out my group: Talk to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Chowdah View Post
    Since when was playing a Nostalgic game from your youth, to reminisce on good memories childish?
    that is the way I see it.

No, and I don't really care. I'm going to keep playin' as long as like.
    It's gonna be weird if i'm playing pokemon when my children are playing pokemon... But i'll get over it.
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

I have been playing pokemon since the Red and Blue Era (the original 150) and I have stuck with Pokemon up until now (by the way I am getting Pokemon Black 2 tomorrow!!! Yay me!!! ^_^). But anyway I digress, I don't care if Pokemon makes me look childish, I am doing what I love and I absolutely love it!!!! Im gonna be 20 tomorrow and I still play pokemon all the time!!!! So yeah, I really don't care what people think, I just do what I love to do :)

I'm probably one of the only people in my social circle who still plays Pokémon actively, however, they don't look down upon it. It's a part of our collective childhood. Sometimes we get together and play stuff like Pokémon Stadium on the Nintendo 64. Even though we don't have those memories together it means alot to us as a group. Almost all of them play video games, but I'm generally considered the Nintendo fanboy in the crowd. I take pride in the fact that I keep playing the games and I really wouldn't consider the series childish. People understand why I keep enjoying it, seeing as they were fanboys at a young age themselves. I feel like I enjoy the series on behalf of my generation sometimes, seeing as Pokémon is still discussed alot between us, even though they were only familiar with the first generations.

I can't see myself stopping anytime soon.

Blog Entries

it doesn't really make me feel like a child or anything, I love playing the video games and the card game
    it can make act like one at moments like when catching a legendary, battling or in other moments but that's it
    although it does make me feel young again to be playing my childhood and I'm satisfied with that

My parents always tell me that I should grow up,abd stop playin video games,but what they fail to realize is that you can't just throw away something that has brung you joy for many years. I'm never going to quit playing video games,especially Pokemon.
    Last edited by Yu Narukami; 25th October 2012 at 01:39 PM.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

No, it isn't.

The really childish thing is considering yourself childish for playing Pokemon and hiding it. It just reeks of insecurity.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast