Does Gender Matter? - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Does Gender Matter?

Follow flamewarflipsides On Twitter Add flamewarflipsides on Facebook

Default Re: Does Gender Matter?

I try to create a balanced team because of attract. That is, I generally try to have equal numbers of male and female Pokemon. In recent years, though, I have discarded that because of statistical considerations. My HG team only had one female Pokemon on it, and my BW2 team has none. In fairness, my BW2 team consists largely of Pokmeon with substantially male gender ratios, one member is Male only (braviary), and one member is a gift Pokemon who is always male.

On a personal level, I don't care about the sex of a Pokemon. As a competitive player, I worry about infatuation.

Blog Entries

Visit Kira Akigari's Youtube Channel

When evolving into other forms like Gallade

Add Chiss on Facebook

I pick pokemon that seem to be their gender. Eg Chikorita has to be female and Gengar has to be male.

Blog Entries

I prefer females. Though I also will be gender specific if a pokemon looks masculine/feminine.
    Pokemon Black Friend Code: 5200 2131 6316

Blog Entries

I'm not massively bothered by gender, but Gen V really got me thinking about it, though. I'd definitely ditch a male Unfezant for a female (even more now that I got a Braviary in Route 4 :D), and apart from that I've just been fussed about genders with fighting-types, but that's mostly because I want to name them after Ranma 1/2 characters. (already got Ranma the male Blaziken, Ryoga the male Lucario and Shampoo the female Mienshao...coming up, Genma the Throh and Soun the Sawk :D)

Ranma ½, Maison Ikkoku and now TORADORA! fan.

3DS FC: 2938-6903-6577

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I catch what I catch with no preference for gender. I tend to end up with more males than females, though.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Just like Miles above me, I usually end up with more males whether I like it or not. I don't really have any preferences for gender unless it is needed, like Gallade or Nidoran Male.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I tend to end up with more males, but there are some Pokémon I just prefer females of, like Espeon, Cinccino and so on. All in all I try to keep an equal balance wherever possible.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Gender only matters if you're going after Pokemon that can only evolve if it's a certain gender, such as Vespiquen, Gallade, and Froslass, otherwise, it's not important what gender your Pokemon is, and while it's true there are a few feminine looking Pokemon that can be either gender, such as Gardevoir, Lopunny, and Mienshao, the gender of a Pokemon is a trivial fact and is only important if you are breeding or after gender-based evolutions. My Mienshao in Black 2 is a male and I don't find that important at all.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

I'm usually conscious of the gender, at least. My starter in Sapphire was female, so I used an all female team. In White 2, my current team is all male (which is reasonable, since my party is based on members from another forum).

If I picked out a nickname in advance, I'll look around until I catch a male/female version of the Pokemon for my team.

I prefer female versions of Pokemon like Ninetales, Bellossom, Gorebyss, Espeon, Lopunny, and Milotic. I can't really think of any Pokemon that I must have as male atm though, haha.
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567