Does Gender Matter? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Gender Matter?

Default Re: Does Gender Matter?

Real trainers don't care about gender. I love all Pokemon equally. Except Wobbafett...frikkin Wobbafett...

Follow Ekachu on Tumblr

Gender doesn't matter to me. I don't pay attention to it much. However, there are a few pokemon who I might sort of build a personality/character around which might lead me to try for one or the other when I'm catching. But again, it ultimately doesn't matter to me.

I don't usually try to get one gender over the other, but I like female better unless it looks too masculine. For starters, I usually go for nature and IVs when soft-resetting, no I don't typically get to choose the gender. I always try to get male Pikachu, though, but that's only to copy Ash and Red XD

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Naw, I don't care about gender unless gender messes with a Pokemon's stats, winch I don't think it does.
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

AKA Shiny Metagross Crystal Onix's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I pick a pokemon to train for battles, no, any gender is fine. For the breeders leading up to it, obviously gender matters since females pass on species and ability and males pass on egg moves.

Banner by Blue Dragon | Crystal Onix | Shiny Metagross | Iron Defense | Black 2 FC: 2967 7719 9235

Well, since I'm female myself, I catch female pokemon when I can.
    ~RA~

Banner made by Rayquaza 64 ^^^

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Nope, not really, unless I want to soft-reset for a female starter (ex: Cyndaquil on my HeartGold). Other than that, no, not really.

Blog Entries

It doesn't matter to me at all, in fact I don't even know the gender of most of the Pokémon on my teams!

I don't really care about genders. I have a male Gardevoir, a female Machamp and a male Lopunny.

Once in the past I tried playing both a ruby version and a sapphire version at the same time where I was a male in the one version and a female in the other and I could only catch Pokemon of the gender of my trainer was.

And this other time I sort of decided I would make a team of mostly males except for one which would be female (kind of by accident, by the time I wanted to get my sixth Pokemon I realized all my Pokemon but one was female so I decided that my last Pokemon would be male as well).
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Mystery in another region Koukoubean's Avatar

Follow Koukoubean on Tumblr

Gender doesn't matter to me most of the time. If I plan a team with specific nicknames, then yes, but when I'm trying to catch something at random, that's not the case.

Blog Entries

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to gender, but I do have some preferences to what pokemon look feminine or masculine. For some reason I love having male Togetics and female Golbats.

For me, gen III it did, because I couldn't get Ditto, so I would get female starters, but thats about it

I don't care about the gender of my Pokemon UNLESS the Pokemon happens to be really cute or feminine looking.

Well, actually at one point(I think during middle school/early high school)I preferred catching female Pokemon over male Pokemon because I liked the look of the female sig more. I laugh at my own pettiness yet again...

Wild Male Gardevoir appeared
    Me:O_O WTF
    *shutters*

If they look female stay female if they look like monsters male

I really do not care, but then I usually realize, that almost everyone has the gender, that does not suit it at all. But I still like them. (greetings to my male Gardevoir and female Crobat, Alakazam and Gyarados. I am really surprised that the Machoke is male.)

I still remember as I really amused told my brother about the male Gardevoir. He looked at me and asked me, why I make big deal of it, because it is still not so bad as Harley :D

I must play black some day, I want male Gothita! (that would be even more weird than Gardevoir)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast