Does Gender Matter? - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Does Gender Matter?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Does Gender Matter?

Only when it effects evolution (the amazing Vespiquen -seriously, she's awesome- Gallade, etc) and only if the gender differences are extremely noticeable (Male Frillish/Jellicent and male Unfezant come to mind immediately as preferred genders for those species)

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will always go for an equal gender team. It's actually been the cause of several headaches over the years. I will always have three males and three females in each team I make. It's just how things work.

My Starter (who always makes it into the final team by default) will usually share the gender of the player character I'm using. The only exceptions I've ever made to this are Black, where I have a male Samurott and a female PC, and (when it comes out in America) White 2, where my female Serperior will be the opposite gender to my male PC. I even remember playing through all of Crystal with a female PC one time, only to realize I had been using a male Meganium. I reset that game until I got it right.

So yeah, I guess I care about gender more than I'd like to admit.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

I follow said trend, but broke off aswell. Mr. Mime is the only poke I have to have male.
    -('3')-

Registered User BlackTerminator's Avatar
    Follow BlackTerminator On Twitter Add BlackTerminator on Facebook Add BlackTerminator on MySpace
    Follow BlackTerminator on Tumblr Visit BlackTerminator's Youtube Channel

Gender really doesn't bother me at all.

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

For me I generally like to base it on looks. I'm gonna go for a female Gardevoir/Milotic over a male, and a male Alakazam/Gyarados over a female one.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I've started to go for all-female teams. I suppose the seeds of this habit were back in Ruby and Sapphire - where, due to the absence of Ditto, the only way to obtain duplicate starters was to reset for a female. Since then I've always used female starters (where available; I think Colosseum sets them as male no matter what) and more recently I've gone for entirely female teams, usually based around some sort of theme. In my current Pt playthrough I'm building a team based on the six Olympian goddesses of Greek folklore: Hera (Milotic), Athena (Altaria), Artemis (Luxray), Aphrodite (Lopunny), Demeter (Roserade) and Hestia (Flareon).

I do also have a soft spot for Pokemon whose appearances don't fit their genders: I've sometimes used a male Lopunny or Gardevoir because of this. And female Machamp is awesome.

Blog Entries

I like female pokemon because they can breed into their species.
    Shiny Sninx Breeding!
    Hatch Count: 67
    Trying to obtain a Shiny Shinx!

I don't even examine their gender until much later in the game unless the Pokémon's gender has some sort of noticeable effect on evolution, or if there's a form difference and I want to catch that particular form. It's not until much later after I've gotten bored of the main game that I usually sit down and look at the genders. So I don't even notice if, say, my Gardevoir is a male or my Alakazam is a female until much later. Though I -was- hoping my Snivy would be a female, when I discovered it was male, I figured "Oh well," and kept him anyway and didn't bother to breed for said female. All of my starters have been male rather I liked it or not.

The only time I've ever been truly upset by gender is when my Hippopotas evolved into a Hippowdown and I was fooled into thinking I had caught a Shiny... but it was only a female. Troll Nintendo is troll.

I remember being so happy about having a female Mr Mime.

Other than that, the only time gender has really stood out to me was when I messed around with breeding and passing on moves.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Unless I'm trying to get egg moves, it's really no big deal for me.

Oh and I got a female Cyndaquil in SS. God I was pleased.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries

Well honestly I tend to gravitate towards male Pokemon, but either gender is OK. My mainstay in one game was a female Gyarados.

Blog Entries

No, it makes no difference to me.

Most of my main group in White are female, mostly by chance according to what I caught. Although for breeding and move inheritance, one could say it would make more sense to raise a male and then catch a female simply for the baby's form (or is that wrong? I should know these things by now! ;))? But I don't think about that much when going through the storyline and simply curious to see new pokemon. (I could certainly stand to think more about it when it comes to abilities, if not sex...)

I usually don't care about gender. Although I don't want to have a team all the same gender (just to be safe in case I'm up against things like Cute Charm, Attract, or Rivalry). Other than that, I only care about gender when I have a certain nickname I want to use.

One lost to time boondockArtist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow boondockArtist on Tumblr

Okay, basically, because I nuzlocke alot, I can't prefer either. I just get what shows it's face on the first encounter, and play with that from there. I don't have a preference for either gender. I've been getting female starters on the first try alot though, it seems.

"Hello Goodbye, Twas nice to know you
    "Hello Goodbye, I'm rather crazy
    How I find myself without you
    And I never thought I was crazy
    That I'll never know
    But what do I know?
    I let myself go"
    Now you have to go"

Boony's Bad Art Thread-"Come in for free eye band-aids today!"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast