Does GameFreak keep running themselves into a corner? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does GameFreak keep running themselves into a corner?

Default Re: Does GameFreak keep running themselves into a corner?

It would be very easy to change Magneton and Nosepass's evolution methods to "Trade while holding Magnet"

That solves the location problem, and it still makes sense in-universe.

Eevee could work the same way, with a trade holding Miracle Seed evolving it to Leafeon and a trade holding Nevermeltice evolving it to Glaceon.

"Trade holding item" is a simple way to solve all the location-evolution problems!

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I do think that GameFreak has often worked themselves into a corner, but they seem to have recovered from the bigger mistakes they made in Gen IV -- Honey, area-based evolutions, among others.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Blog Entries

Follow gryffindor1991 on Tumblr

I believe if GameFreak just took ideas from Pokemon fans, they could make the games even better. I, for one, was ticked about not being able to evolve Magneton and Nosepass to Magnezone and Probopass, and Eevee to Glaceon and Leafeon in HGSS.

Quote Originally Posted by gryffindor1991 View Post
    I believe if GameFreak just took ideas from Pokemon fans, they could make the games even better. I, for one, was ticked about not being able to evolve Magneton and Nosepass to Magnezone and Probopass, and Eevee to Glaceon and Leafeon in HGSS.
    There were, in fact, quite a few trainer cards featuring 5 fully evolved pokemon + Magneton back when the games first came out if I remember correctly. Because we all assumed there would be some way to evolve it

Rather, the main point is that GF keeps introducing things like these for no other purpose than to cater to making certain Pokemon more 'unique'.

It really doesn't matter if Magneton evolved from kooky magnetic fields or attaching a magnet to it or by making it especially angry or whatever's fashionable to evolve through these days.

The problem is the unique evolution method has to be carried over to subsequent games. They start to really add up after a while. Just look at all the goddamn held items I have to carry - 90% of evolution-inducing held items have only that purpose and are otherwise effectively useless.

And to make things even more tiresome, GF decided that items, battle items and Pokeballs should all be in the same pocket. Terrible, really. I liked DPPt's system better, but for all we know, we'll have an 'Evolution-inducing held-items' pocket soon enough if this keeps up.
    Last edited by Jayc; 14th March 2011 at 01:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Visit Zero Omega's Youtube Channel

Never seem to have any problems like these, and everytime there was a reason to complain, the next game solves the problem immediately. Take Diamond and Pearl for instance, it was plagued by a slower battle system and somewhat incomplete graphics compared to the rest of the 4th Gen. Platinum and HG/SS solved pretty much everything there and ran a whole lot better, and even with the alternate formes introduced in Platinum, what purpose should you have Diamond anymore anyways when you got Pt/HG/SS? Pretty much none unless you're looking for version exclusives such as Stunky and Glameow.

"Welcome, my comrades, to my frozen abyss.~"
    Anime Characters Claimed: Mighty, Shirobon, Shout (Bomberman Jetters)

If you're being piled up with useless evo-inducing items, trade them off to people who need them, or just sell them. o.o Don't get upset!

And I don't think a problem that big will arise at all. It WOULD be nice to have evo-stones/items for location-based evolutions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12