Does Anyone Else Think Dragons Are Overrated? - Page 9

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Does Anyone Else Think Dragons Are Overrated?

Default Re: Does Anyone Else Think Dragons Are Overrated?

Hydreigon is hardest to check out of the pseudo legendary dragons but bare in mind that no way makes it the best one. Dragonite is easy to check but far more consistant than Hydreigon.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

Well my most favoured type is the Dragon type, but not because of it's power, or popularity. I like the Dragon types mostly for their appearance and the mystery that shrouds their existence in the Pokemon world. There is just something about them, that has fascinated me since the original Dragonite family, which has kept me in ore of them ever since.

For these reasons I don't think they are overrated. Once you have seen them at a different angle there is a lot more to them.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Personally, if Hydreigon wants that godlike hype and power, then it should be all the more difficult to acquire. Not just evolving at a high level - but maybe requiring the least friendship ever, when Frustration is at its strongest state. Then maybe it could deserve all the worshipping.
    You know, getting a pathetic Deino and Zweillous with hustle to level 64 is already pretty hard for ingame purposes.

And of course, for serious battlers, logistics is the smallest of problems, so that change wouldn't affect Hydreigon's position/power in serious battling.
    It's just making the dragon itself all the more 'worthwhile' to get in your team. Seriously, you can just spam Rare Candies on it if you'd like and still get a decent Hydreigon, no?

Maintaining a low friendship is extremely difficult while leveling up because every action you MUST do ingame gets your pokemon to like you more, so it would be a nice challenge if the dragon has to have such power and brutal attacks in battles.
    What I am trying to say is that Hydreigon is not over-powered ingame. I tried using and getting to lvl 64 is horrifyingly hard. It truly shines in wifi and competitive battling with tm moves and move-tutor moves.
    ...Someone has to obtain a Hydreigon ingame and then use it for the wi-fi battles. Even those you get on trade still had a previous owner they either caught or bred the dragon. Or are you implying there are illegal ways to get a Hydreigon for free without playing the main ingame story?

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...Someone has to obtain a Hydreigon ingame and then use it for the wi-fi battles. Even those you get on trade still had a previous owner they either caught or bred the dragon. Or are you implying there are illegal ways to get a Hydreigon for free without playing the main ingame story?
    He's implying that most competitive battlers use simulators to play and thus don't actually need to have raised the Pokemon in order to use them.
    Owain and Bubble Frog like this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post

He's implying that most competitive battlers use simulators to play and thus don't actually need to have raised the Pokemon in order to use them.
    How is that possible? I mean - if you want to use a Hydreigon in Wi-Fi battles, first you must catch a Deino at Victory Road. Then breed or raise it to whatever you want with whatever stats you need. If you don't get a pokemon that way, how do you battle in Wi-Fi battles? Like I said, even traders have had to raise them.

And what a re simulators?

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Online simulators. They simulater Pokemon battles. Take the latest one in use: Pokemon Showdown.

Regardless of how you get it. Hydreigon still isn't particularly great in competitive battles. I'd say it sits below the suspect threats and also below the fifteen or so top tier threats.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

Regarding Hydregion, I have no idea why the saw it fit to put hair on a dragon.

more steel types should be made

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by metalamor View Post
    Regarding Hydregion, I have no idea why the saw it fit to put hair on a dragon.
    Is there a law against that?
    Would like to point out that it's a Pokémon, a Dragon-Type, but not a literal dragon, so it isn't bound by the same rules applied to it in our universe.

Nyx

I don't think it's overrated, most Dragon-types are indeed very strong. On the other hand, I'm tired of those powerful legendary dragons they keep introducing, and I felt like they were putting too much emphasis on this type in B2W2. Dragons should be more elusive and mysterious than what they've become imo.
    ShinySceptile1 likes this.

Blog Entries

I don't see how they're overrated. They really are powerful, their designs are awesome, and it seems to be the most storied type, with all the Dragon legendaries and their backstories and whatnot. I guess their only major drawback is how painstaking they are to train (they evolve so late!), but I think it's worth it.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hm... I'm a bit biased in saying it, but I strongly believe most Dragon types are indeed overrated, save a couple like Flygon. However, it's mostly because I'm tired of certain people I know approaching me, grabbing me by the shoulders, and yelling, "DRAGON TYPES ARE BEAST!!!!" or something of that sort. And besides, I'm tired of facing a Garchomp or Salamence every five minutes in the Battle Subway. This is just my opinion though, and my definition of overrated may be different from others.
    metalamor likes this.
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Overpowered? Maybe, yes.
    Overrated? No, since their power does match the descriptions, plus, I really dig the designs.

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

well I missed like two gens of pokemon and when I got back into it, I thought the garchomp you get from black tower was pretty dope after it evolved. Haxorus is awesome too, and I can't tell you how many times a salamence has kicked my ass

idk how altaria is classified as a dragon, it looks more like a bird than anything, or maybe that's just me

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast