Does Anyone Else Think Dragons Are Overrated? - Page 4

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Does Anyone Else Think Dragons Are Overrated?

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Does Anyone Else Think Dragons Are Overrated?

Wow, that's a major goof up there. But anyway, as Joshawott said, let's focus on Dragon types.

I'm currently running a Smeargle, Magnetom, Haxorus, Kingdra, Salamence and Dragonite team on Pokemon Online and it is tearing stuff to bits.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

hi

I like dragon types, they're cool and mystical. But of course I don't like using them all the time, heck, I don't even think I have a team with a Dragon type on it (to my knowledge). I use all sorts, mostly normal, water and grass (for obvious reasons) not just one type (except that one time but I was doing a type run).
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Dragons are NOT overrated in my opinion. Here's my reason, take a look at Garchomp for example!! Its undeniably one of the most, if not, THE MOST controversial pokemon in competitive play!! And if you don't believe me, check out smogon's thread and decisions regarding Garchomp for generations 4 and 5!! Salamence and Latios are powerhouses to be reckoned with. Salamence has a base 100 speed as well as the Moxie Ability in the Fifth gen and was even considered Uber in the forth gen!! Latios was controversial due to its sheer offense and speed in the early Pokemon Black and White Metagame as well. And of course there is Hydreigon and Haxorus as well. As mentioned all dragons have diverse movepools and overwhelmingly overpowered stats. They can counter their two weaknesses with ease due to their share offense and diverse movepools. And in addition to all that, Dragons are blessed by Gamefreak with overpowered or broken abilities as well (I'm looking at you Garchomp and Salamence). So yeah Dragons are overpowered, and thus very fun to use >:)

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    Dragons are NOT overrated in my opinion. Here's my reason, take a look at Garchomp for example!! Its undeniably one of the most, if not, THE MOST controversial pokemon in competitive play!! And if you don't believe me, check out smogon's thread and decisions regarding Garchomp for generations 4 and 5!! Salamence and Latios are powerhouses to be reckoned with. Salamence has a base 100 speed as well as the Moxie Ability in the Fifth gen and was even considered Uber in the forth gen!! Latios was controversial due to its sheer offense and speed in the early Pokemon Black and White Metagame as well. And of course there is Hydreigon and Haxorus as well. As mentioned all dragons have diverse movepools and overwhelmingly overpowered stats. They can counter their two weaknesses with ease due to their share offense and diverse movepools. And in addition to all that, Dragons are blessed by Gamefreak with overpowered or broken abilities as well (I'm looking at you Garchomp and Salamence). So yeah Dragons are overpowered, and thus very fun to use >:)
    I can't believe you forgot to mention Dragonite and its trollish Multi-Scale, combined with a wide movepool that includes Roost, Superpower, Dragon Dance, and STAB Hurricane. There's a reason this guy's consistently in the top ten Pokemon OU usage stats this Gen.

Also Latias, who's pretty awesome herself.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    I can't believe you forgot to mention Dragonite and its trollish Multi-Scale, combined with a wide movepool that includes Roost, Superpower, Dragon Dance, and STAB Hurricane. There's a reason this guy's consistently in the top ten Pokemon OU usage stats this Gen.

Also Latias, who's pretty awesome herself.
    Agreed ^_^

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

What are the OU and UU teirs? I know they stand for Overused and Underused but the site didn't explain specifically what those signify very well.

Quote Originally Posted by metalamor View Post
    What are the OU and UU teirs? I know they stand for Overused and Underused but the site didn't explain specifically what those signify very well.
    All information on Tiers are fully explained here: Tier - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I think the best aspect of Dragon cores is that they have great match ups against every team type and weather.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnr754 View Post
    Dragons completely rule the metagame. I don't think they are OP. Heck, some dragons are not in OU (Flygon, Druddigon).

But really, the real winners of the metagame are the steel-types, mostly the bug-steel types.
    It is the Dragon types due to which steel types are so popular. A team without a steel type(or even multiple steel types) will get ripped apart by stuff like cb dragonite, Hydreigon, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnr754 View Post
    Dragons completely rule the metagame. I don't think they are OP. Heck, some dragons are not in OU (Flygon, Druddigon).

But really, the real winners of the metagame are the steel-types, mostly the bug-steel types.
    It is the Dragon types due to which steel types are so popular. A team without a steel type(or even multiple steel types) will get ripped apart by stuff like cb dragonite, Hydreigon, etc.
    As long as you're quick enough, Hydreigon should be easy to deal with due to the Dark-typing it has. *insert Lucario*

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post

So without dragons do you think the steel type would be so popular with its weaknesses to fire and fighting? I know fire is not widely used, but fire-type moves can be learned by a fair range of good Pokemon.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    As long as you're quick enough, Hydreigon should be easy to deal with due to the Dark-typing it has. *insert Lucario*
    *Insert Flamethrower/Fire Blast on the obvious switch in*
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Dark Blueberry;

Hydra is faster than Luke and as Grass type Trainer pointed out , it cannot switch in. Infact no fighting type likes taking a move from Hydreigon.

@metalamor;

So without dragons do you think the steel type would be so popular with its weaknesses to fire and fighting? I know fire is not widely used, but fire-type moves can be learned by a fair range of good Pokemon.
    Some steel types would still be popular. However it would be their individual merits which keep them popular. Like scizor's priority. But yes, without dragons teambuilding without steels would be much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I just gave an example. If you want Hydreigon to be overly powerful and unbeatable, then be it so.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast