Do you wish Nintendo released EVENTS more often? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do you wish Nintendo released EVENTS more often?

Default Re: Do you wish Nintendo released EVENTS more often?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Girl View Post
    I don't really mind they're not released more often. But they need to be released simultaneously worldwide. Guess why hacks exist? Because people want the content in the game but Nintendo/Game Freak are holding it back or making it exclusive to somewhere most people can't even attend.

Right now, there have been events over the past month or so in Japan for:
    Charizard with the opposing Mega Stone
    Gyarados holding its Mega Stone
    Scizor holding its Mega Stone
    Kangaskhan holding its Mega Stone
    Gengar holding its Mega Stone
    Tyranitar holding its Mega Stone
    Mawile holding its Mega Stone
    A special Pikachu holding a Light Ball
    Darkrai
    Diancie
    Fancy Vivillon

To top it all off, they get Shiny Jirachi and Pokéball Vivillon starting in two weeks time.

Moves like this are a huge slap in the face to everyone who doesn't happen to live in the region.

Once an event has ended, it should go on wi-fi and remain there permanently, so that years down the line, people can still get the content.
    And in that same time, the US has had:
    Fancy Vivillon
    Shiny Mamoswine ONLY if you happen to be at the VGC Nationals

I don't know about the rest of the world.

I agree, fans shouldn't get the short end of the stick simply because they weren't in the right place at the right time or didn't have access to WiFi. I don't know about you guys, but I can't invest in a trip to the VGC Nationals just so I can get a Mamoswine.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't really mind they're not released more often. But they need to be released simultaneously worldwide. Guess why hacks exist? Because people want the content in the game but Nintendo/Game Freak are holding it back or making it exclusive to somewhere most people can't even attend.

Darkrai
    Diancie
    Fancy Vivillon

To top it all off, they get Shiny Jirachi and Pokéball Vivillon starting in two weeks time.

Moves like this are a huge slap in the face to everyone who doesn't happen to live in the region.

Once an event has ended, it should go on wi-fi and remain there permanently, so that years down the line, people can still get the content.
    You do know that most of the Mega Stones can already be obtained in game, right? So it's not that big a deal if we miss those. Charizard, Pokeball Vivillon, and the event legendaries, though? That's a bigger deal, and it's upsetting to think we'll probably miss all of those except for Diancie and maybe Poke Ball Vivillon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post

Darkrai
    Diancie
    Fancy Vivillon

You do know that most of the Mega Stones can already be obtained in game, right?
    I am completely aware of that. But that doesn't excuse the fact that they're giving away limited items you can only get one of without trading or restarting the game.

Friend Safari: Psychic
    Grumpig, Espurr, Xatu

Blog Entries

Darkrai
    Diancie
    Fancy Vivillon

You do know that most of the Mega Stones can already be obtained in game, right?
    I am completely aware of that. But that doesn't excuse the fact that they're giving away limited items you can only get one of without trading or restarting the game.
    I don't really see much of a need for multiple Mega Stones, you can only use one per battle and distributing extras to everyone decreases their trade value.

The general idea of what Nintendo should do is that they should have the events like normal but offer older events on the eShop for download for those who missed them. If-and ONLY if- they must be sold, make it like 50 cents or a dollar, lest we create a Capcom-esque controversy.

Bang,everyone wins.

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Event exclusive pokemon are on disc dlc. People say it's okay cause you don't pay for it but you still have to have the game at the right time. The least they can do is give new players some possibility of catching up. It would be nice if I didn't have to destroy my old collection for the sake of a new one.

Blog Entries

Seriously TCPi or whoever needs to step it up. Why even bother having the Mystery Gift function if we rarely use it? We should at least have every Wifi event that Japan does.
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

If I understand correctly we have. All of the Japan only events have basically been the local wireless gamestop type thing. Now you would think they would be able to use the Nintendo zones for those but that requires logic.

LOVES FRIED TORCHIC Megavictini's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Darkrai
    Diancie
    Fancy Vivillon

Wait wait wait,the get a damn shiny jirachi,and we get a VIVILLION?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!!?!?!WTF?
    My friend code 4441 9908 7340 poision safari

Newest shiny ^

Quote Originally Posted by Megavictini View Post

Darkrai
    Diancie
    Fancy Vivillon

Wait wait wait,the get a damn shiny jirachi,and we get a VIVILLION?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!!?!?!WTF?
    Yes, but not only that, they get the Shiny Jirachi, a special Pokéball Vivillon, *and* the same Fancy Vivillon that we get.

Friend Safari: Psychic
    Grumpig, Espurr, Xatu

I'm very mad over this whole "events" thing... first of all, XY was a joke in that regard, giving us only Torchic and Fancy Vivillon... the games are finally getting global release, we have wifi, there is absolutely no excuse at all to limit 99% of the events to in-store distribution that mean if you don't like in the right place you're screwed... (and seems like even these don't happen nearly as often as Japan gets it)
    We should at least get the Pokéball Vivillon over wifi down the line but something tells me it won't happen... and that's gonna make it a real pain for one to complete his Vivillon collection (as if it isn't a total pain to do without event patterns existing...) and I'm still hoping that maybe at least we'll get Diancie over wifi but better not expect that either

You know what's the worst though? that past event pkmn keep their event status... like... WHY?... I can understand maybe keeping last gen's ones... but the gen 1-4 even pkmn have absolutely no excuse to still keep this status... we already have like 15+ event pkmn and it's becoming more and more ridiculous with every gen...
    We really should be able to just catch them in-game... maybe make it a bit more complicated by restricting them to be available only to players with an otherwise complete dex, so they're still sort of "special"...

ORAS should at the very least have a Jirachi as the "Torchic" of this game (a game release wifi event) which btw is a pkmn I never managed to get so far since I got HGSS a bit too late for that event and they never distributed it since (while Japan is getting it like yearly for the Tanabata festival, I think... and they're getting a SHINY one this time)
    I'd like to believe we'll at least get this Jirachi, maybe Deoxys too (I got the Deoxys distributed to BW or was it BW2, so I don't care as much about it... although I wouldn't say no to having another one)

Maybe, one day, I'll have my own Jirachi, Manaphy, Shaymin and Meloetta... maybe... probably not... oh, and that Pokéball Vivillon... now joining these legendaries to the same stupid "event status"...

You do know that most of the Mega Stones can already be obtained in game, right? So it's not that big a deal if we miss those. Charizard, Pokeball Vivillon, and the event legendaries, though? That's a bigger deal, and it's upsetting to think we'll probably miss all of those except for Diancie and maybe Poke Ball Vivillon.
    They could be giving away free ice cream, the point is Nintendo showers Japan with free stuff and video game memorabilia and gives a big middle finger to the west.

It's probably because they are mad the Westerners don't buy as many Wii's as they do Xboxes and PS4s. This is YOUR FAULT AMERICA!

Friend Code: 0173-1415-5386
    Friend Safari: Poison with Cascoon, Muk and Venomoth

"First, from August 13th to September 17th, you will be able to download Heracross or Pinsir to your X & Y games over the Internet. In addition to that, if you go to Gamestop stores from August 18th to August 31st, you'll be able to receive a special serial code to download the Heracronite or Pinsirite Mega Stones."

That's a complete joke. Aside from how worthless Heracross/Pinsir are as a special giveaway even with their mega stones, compared to things like Pokéball Vivillon or Diancie, we don't even really get their mega stones..... unless we can go to the in-store event... like, wtf?! it's as if they split the event in half, giving over wifi the less useful half and giving in-store the better half......

I think we can safely say it actually hurts them to give us anything over wifi... sigh...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    "First, from August 13th to September 17th, you will be able to download Heracross or Pinsir to your X & Y games over the Internet. In addition to that, if you go to Gamestop stores from August 18th to August 31st, you'll be able to receive a special serial code to download the Heracronite or Pinsirite Mega Stones."

That's a complete joke. Aside from how worthless Heracross/Pinsir are as a special giveaway even with their mega stones, compared to things like Pokéball Vivillon or Diancie, we don't even really get their mega stones..... unless we can go to the in-store event... like, wtf?! it's as if they split the event in half, giving over wifi the less useful half and giving in-store the better half......

I think we can safely say it actually hurts them to give us anything over wifi... sigh...
    As long as they switch the Mega Stones so you're not just getting the same one you can already get, I'm frankly quite happy to be getting something for once this gen. Hurts to give us anything over Wi-Fi? More like it hurts them to give us anything period. NA hasn't gotten shit this gen aside from the Blazikenite event at the beginning of 6th gen and the Bank Celebi, they've been so fucking stingy with events lately and I have no idea why. Even Europe and Australia have been getting more events than us, at least they got the Electabuzz/Magmar serial code event. Every other region got that one except NA.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 1st August 2014 at 02:28 AM.

redundant UN is redundant return of ROMCH's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow return of ROMCH On Twitter Add return of ROMCH on Facebook Add return of ROMCH on Google+ Add return of ROMCH on MySpace
    Add return of ROMCH on Linkedin Follow return of ROMCH on Tumblr Follow return of ROMCH on Flickr Visit return of ROMCH's Youtube Channel

yep, I agree, the events need to come to america more often.
    banner credit to caprizant

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast