Do you want PWT/Battle Frontier in Gen 6?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you want PWT/Battle Frontier in Gen 6?

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Do you want PWT/Battle Frontier in Gen 6?

In Gen 3 and Gen 4, we had the Battle Frontier

In Gen 5 - B2W2, we had the Pokemon World Tournament.

Do you think they'll include either of them again?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you want PWT/Battle Frontier in Gen 6?

Battle Frontier with new facilities please, as well as the return of some of the previous frontier brains, even if they're just visiting/cameos.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I definitely want a new Battle Frontier back. Not sure about PWT, haven't played it enough to say if I do or not.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I want a new Battle Frontier, maybe one that has a tournament gimmick like Hoenn's Battle Dome. A branch for the PWT would be nice, and it would make sense for Gym Leaders to travel to another Region for it, as they did with Unova. It's a 'World' Tournament, so it can be brought back at any time and any place.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Stumped Turtwig A's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

I think, rather than there being either, they'll come with something new which has elements of both.

(20:56:57) Luxis: All y'all are a bunch of Silly heads.
    RIP Giruja. Why must you have been fake?

(17:58:01) daytwon: why am i watchin ot turtwig
    (17:58:03) ±Dratini: daytwon was muted by Heather Star for 30 minutes! [Reason: inappropriate] [Channel: Trivia]

[15:26] Synthesis: he ain't godkilled
    [15:27] Ebail: Zam was Syn
    [15:27] Synthesis: it was an agreed sacrifice to the gods

I loved the PWT. Maybe they can have tournaments where you can battle past Elite Four Members and Frontier Brains. I've always wondered what happened to Agitha and Lorelei.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

I would LOVE for the PWT to still be included since it was my favourite part of B2W2 but if Battle Frontier is included I would like it if it was more like the anime than it is in previous games.

Follow Cryonetics on Tumblr

Indeed! A world tournament in a Battle Frontier would work wonderfully. 5 facilities to the usuals (tower, factory, etc), and one Battle Arena where trainers everywhere gather.

Blog Entries

I would definitely love for The PWT to come back escpecially with the New 3D Enviroment. Also to see how the Gym Leaders would look in full 3D would be an added bonus :)

Definitely an "F" ticket! Shiny Porygon's Avatar

In case my sig wasn't obvious enough, a Battle Frontier is my number 1 want for Gen VI. In addition to the facilities from Gens III and IV, I'd love to see the following:
    -a Battle "Warzone" (placeholder name) where you work in two teams. You battle/avoid the other team's trainers across an obstacle course to face the "General", the Frontier Brain. You can capture other trainers' Pokémon and you can have infinite, free held items from your team's store.
    -Battle Mountain, an expy of Mt. Battle, where you battle 100 trainers (healing after each battle, breaks every 10 trainers) and don't get your reward until the very end, maybe 100 BP.
    -a sort of dungeon with Pokéstar style obstacles, like the gates, with max defences for those, plus other more offence-based obstacles.
    -a facility where you can customise most aspects of the battles, receiving fractions of BP according to a formula: easy battles award small fractions of BP, for instance.
    -a time-based facility like the old Trainer Hill where you must attain a certain average battle time before you face the Frontier Brain.

Anything like that would be good. I'd scrap the PWT and make famous trainers make cameos randomly in each facility, especially the mainstream ones. More variety that way. You could be on a gym leader's team in the Battle Warzone!
    Last edited by Shiny Porygon; 9th January 2013 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Frontier->facility

Blog Entries

PWT... hell yeah!

Battle Frontier... no way!

I feel in love with the PWT. It makes me feel like I'm reconnecting to old favorites like the Hoenn Gyms or certain champions like Cynthia. It was also a MUCH easier way to earn BP, especially since you feel you're on a level field, and you don't have to rack up win streaks. So I would totally vouch for the PWT to reappear, or at least something like it, like a smaller branch associated with it. But I would love to see it happen again. That was one of GF's best ideas to date.

I'd only accept a Battle Frontier situation IF they didn't require ridiculous win streaks. If you can just battle a handful of regular Trainers before facing the Frontier Brain, like a Gym, then I'd accept that. Or even better, just challenge the Frontier Brain, like in the anime. No requirements, no win streaks, just outright challenge the Frontier Brain, get the symbol, and move on. I found the BF to be too technical, which is why I don't like it. It really annoyed me.

So, if I had to choose, I'd select the PWT, without a doubt.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Pwt was a great end game feature imo. I've beaten the champions 20+ times and the world leaders over 50. I even solo'd both with a quagsire. Seriously its my favourite thing. I also love battle tower/white tree as I can lvl up well there. Subway is cool too if have bit more time and pokestars is nice but dull after while.

Basically I want as much end game events as possible. I finished B2 inside 20hrs and have 215hrs played I need endgame!!!

Blog Entries
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

I wouldn't mind either... they were both real fun. I guess they're already putting together something new though... I doubt they'd add Battle Frontier back into it...
    N is finished yet.

Blog Entries

I would love to see the return of the Pokemon World Tournament, but not as much as I would the Battle Frontier. The Battle Frontier in both Hoenn and Sinnoh was like its own town, unlike the PWT, which felt like an addendum to Driftveil. I want something on its own, something post-E4, that feels like the pinnacle of the region.

I'd definitely want something similar, especially with a rental mode. It's great fun when you're bored and you want to battle with different kinds of Pokémon. I have no idea if they will do the kind of World Tournaments like we had in B2W2 where former Gym Leaders/Champions appeared since that might have just been a one-time-thing, but hey, they might. But as long as they include some kind of battle facility where you can spend time just battling then I'm happy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast