Do you want mid-battle evolutions? - Page 8

View Poll Results: Do you want mid-battle evolutions?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Evolving during a battle would be much more exciting

166 73.45%
  • No - Evolving after a battle is much more exciting

52 23.01%
  • Other

8 3.54%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Do you want mid-battle evolutions?

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar

Default Re: Do you want mid-battle evolutions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    No. Evolution in the middle of a battle seemed like a good idea a long time ago, but now it would just detract from the Pokémon in question. When defeating a trainer, I want my Pokémon to evolve after the battle, and have some sense of pride in that fact.

Evolving during the battle would most likely involve the other trainer, even if it's just a feeling. I don't want to share my Pokémon evolving with some trainer. I sometimes stop my Pokémon from evolving just so they can evolve after beating the Gym Leader. It might not seem like a big deal, but to me, a Pokémon evolving is a celebration rather than something you have happen in the middle of a battle with a trainer whose name you won't remember just seconds after defeating them, and you'll probably never talk to them again.

I don't see Pokémon evolving during the battle getting a lengthy animation and special music, which again, detracts from the event. After all, evolutions mid-battle are just a "coolness" factor, and symbolic at best, and I prefer to have a different kind of a symbolic evolution; one that actually evokes pride and determination to go on.

Incidentally, that is also the reason why I don't like the Everstone and the Eviolite.
    If they were to implement in-battle evolutions, you'd likely still be able to cancel by pressing B, which I'm assuming is what you do now being as you don't use Everstone and want your pokemon to evolve after important battles.

I, for one, am for in-battle evolutions. As Samurott said, sometimes my pokemon level up twice in one battle, miss their evolution level and therefore don't learn a particular move. While you can relearn it, if they put the relearner in the last city before the league (I'm talking to you, HGSS), then it's likely going to be a while before that opportunity comes around. Sure, I could take it out of battle and not use it again until the battle is over, but if it's the one pokemon I have with a Super-Effective move against my foe, then I'm going to use it. I think it would add a really interesting dynamic to a pokemon battle, and to be honest I'd probably try to time it so that each of my pokemon evolved deliberately during a battle. I won't be disappointed if they don't do it (hey, I've survived the last 5 gens), but I think it would be cool if they did.

- ND
    The_Doctor and Charazemma like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Inspired by a certain post - I'll attach the link soon.

In the anime, we often saw pokemons evolving half-way through a battle, and turn the tables in many ways.

In the games, however, no matter how many levels we gain, we always have to evolve AFTER the battle is over.

Do you want pokemons to evolve during battle? Like, they could evolve the moment they gain the right level, or you could use a stone on them when you think you need it.

For me, I want pokemons to evolve during a battle. Then it would be totally unpredictable - and much more exciting :)
    Yes please :) Mid-battle evolutions would be amazing. Especially due to the fact that introducing mid-battle evolutions could also introduce new evolution methods as well (for example, a pokemon that evolves when its HP drops below 50% in a Gym or story battle). Overall, the idea is brilliant and I'd love to see it come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Yes please :) Mid-battle evolutions would be amazing. Especially due to the fact that introducing mid-battle evolutions could also introduce new evolution methods as well (for example, a pokemon that evolves when its HP drops below 50% in a Gym or story battle). Overall, the idea is brilliant and I'd love to see it come to fruition.
    That example in point is precisely why I would be thinking "no" on mid-battle evolutions, or at least the example given. Think about it ... Gym and Story battles are of limited quantity, which effectively means limited opportunities for that kind of evolution. If you miss out, you can't evolve those Mons at all.

Let me relate a personal story: In Pokemon White, my Mienfoo reached Level 50 (its evolution threshold) in the middle of a battle against the Unova Elite Four. I was, however, defeated, so Mienfoo didn't get to evolve.

Instead, Mienfoo evolved after I used it to defeat Ghetsis (Drain Punch + Regenerator U-Turn for the win) and it gained two levels during the battle.

Looking back, I wouldn't trade that moment for anything.

I'd like Evolution during battle, as long as it's level only, no using rare candies or stones, it'd be a nice touch

Rarer than a shiny

Evolving during battle would be pretty sweet...I mean, a couple of times I'm trying to evolve a Pokemon, it levels up, faints, and now I have to get it to another level. Oh joy. Evolving during battle could eliminate that, as well as pulling off a nice battle strategy during, let's say, a gym leader challenge.

20% Derpier in 10 Seconds Derpy Dash's Avatar

i agree with jenni although it would be funny to see sometimes but i also think that i should be instantaneous if they do add it or have a box that says yes or no to evolve

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

I believe that mid battle evolutions would be an interesting idea. I feel it could work, as long as they only allow mid battle evolutions by leveling up, and no other way, including using evolution stones (Which isn't necessary considering you can use the stones whenever you feel anyway).

I definitely do NOT want to see new evolution methods using mid battle evolutions. Methods involving being attacked by a certain move, or getting your HP lowered to a specific amount in order for it to evolve, do not seem like good ideas to me at all. It would just complicate evolving certain Pokemon, and I believe we're already receiving more evolution methods than we need as it is.

It will be best to allow evolutions during battles by leveling up, and that's all. No extra existing methods of evolution or new methods of evolution. Just leveling up, I believe, will be the best way to make evolutions mid battle successful.
    Karamazov and Eradia like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

So people who favor evolving during battle mostly want it to be done only by levels, and the main reason being so the pokemon won't skip any moves they might learn

Blog Entries

I think it keeps things simpler and better that way, as opposed to introducing more complicated evolution methods which needs to be accomplished during battles.

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    So people who favor evolving during battle mostly want it to be done only by levels, and the main reason being so the pokemon won't skip any moves they might learn
    That, and it would be seriously awesome.
    Yato likes this.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to say no, if only because I don't want them to implement the opponent's Pokemon evolving during battle, too. It would be cool if you could turn the tide of the battle with an evolution, but your opponent could too if their's were allowed to evolve.

Also, I feel that this is only useful in major battles or some random trainer fights, like people have been saying. Outside of those, its rather useless. If you're battling a wild Pokemon, level up, and your Pokemon evolves, it's not really during the battle, it's after the wild Pokemon faints, so it's still sort of after the battle. And I figure that most leveling-up would probably be on wild Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    I'm going to say no, if only because I don't want them to implement the opponent's Pokemon evolving during battle, too. It would be cool if you could turn the tide of the battle with an evolution, but your opponent could too if their's were allowed to evolve.

Also, I feel that this is only useful in major battles or some random trainer fights, like people have been saying. Outside of those, its rather useless. If you're battling a wild Pokemon, level up, and your Pokemon evolves, it's not really during the battle, it's after the wild Pokemon faints, so it's still sort of after the battle. And I figure that most leveling-up would probably be on wild Pokemon.
    That won't be a problem if GameFreak used my suggestion and only allow mid battle evolutions by leveling up. When you're battling anyone, whether it is wild Pokemon, NPCs or Friends/strangers around the globe, none of their Pokemon ever level up in a battle with you.

Leveling up is really the only mid battle evolution process that makes any sense. Really, it would be the only possible way anyway, unless GameFreak allows evolution by holding evolution stones, however, I barely see the point considering you can use the stones whenever you like anyway.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

I would love this, but only through leveling up or learning a certain move, stopping the battle just to use a stone would be stupid.

Also I think it could be cool if certain NPC's pokemon could gain experience(the ones that team up with you for instance).

Of Course i would! Imagine if you're against the gym leader and your pokemon evolves and learns a good move to beat the gym leader that would be awesome!

I remember posting something to the effect of me wanting this in another topic before. My post there, even, included some health recovery. Thus, I have to vote "yes".
    Friend codes:
    Pearl: 0175 5074 1601
    HeartGold: TBA
    White: TBA

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast