Do you want mid-battle evolutions? - Page 7

View Poll Results: Do you want mid-battle evolutions?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Evolving during a battle would be much more exciting

166 73.45%
  • No - Evolving after a battle is much more exciting

52 23.01%
  • Other

8 3.54%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want mid-battle evolutions?

Default Re: Do you want mid-battle evolutions?

Well, I prefer having it as a battle winning reward, but it wouldn't really matter much to me. Only for level up evolving Pokémon, though, if it does happen.

And remember, games=/= anime.

But I REALLY can't wait to see the evolution animation for these games.

More fab than Sylveon. Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd love it. It could change the whole course of a tough battle in the games. So, Wynaut do it that way?
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

THUNDERBOLT....GO!!!!!! jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes. That would be super awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegman View Post

Azumarill: Aqua Rabbit. No. Fuck you.

^^^^^^ credit goes to Alex800: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f379/my-awesome-sprite-shop-closed-now-91349/

For people who are against it, picture this, you only have one poke left with minimum HP just having beat your opponents 2/3 giving your Pokemon enough EXP to gain a lvl and no potions, but wait "what's this my Pokemon is evolving? "And in mid battle?" Now you just might stand a chance to win the next battle

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Enzap's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Darn... I actually answered the poll with "No" at first, but then actually thought about it about a second after I submitted my answer. It really doesn't make much sense to have it after the battles, especially since it seems like they would be fully capable of including an evolution sequence on the battle field with these graphics and the experience to make it work with the mechanics of the battle.

Blog Entries
    Follow Burakeon On Twitter Add Burakeon on Facebook
    Visit Burakeon's Youtube Channel

It would be amazing having this new 'change' . In the anime we see that during the battle the pokemon can evolve , and since playing with pokemon games of the 3rd gen. ruby , I have wondered why they didn't applied in these games this way of evolution?. It would really be exciting to watch the pokemon evolve during a battle. I think that is the most necessary or fantastic thing that they could include or apply in these games. I really expect these games to be more cool then the previous ones. PLEASE it would be great , apply this change :))

Chuck Norris Impersonator Jabberjaw's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe the best way to implement evolution during battle would be to follow these simple rules.

-Pokemon can only evolve between rounds thru level up. The player cannot use an item from their Bag to invoke evolution at any point during a battle. *However, a pokemon that evolves after exposure to an item (fire stone, ect) can evolve between rounds if they were given the item to hold PRIOR to battle.

-As for NPC pokemon evolution, it shouldnt require the actual gaining of experience points, but rather a pre-set trigger. If the NPCs Charmander is at level 15 and defeats ONE of your pokemon, it will evolve into Charmeleon between rounds and be at level 16. Not all NPC pokemon will be programmed to evolve and gain a level, only certain ones throughout the game that have been programmed to do so.

I can imagine a very dynamic animation during evolution on the battlefield, quicker than current postbattle evolution animations... and more epic

Blog Entries

It always annoyed me that once you reach the level to evolve, it won't do so until the battle is over. Sometimes, I can make it gain a whole other level during the battle and that can screw up moves I want to learn. Yes, I know that the move relearner makes that moot now, but the items that he asks for are still a hassle to get at times. On the other hand, one of the aspects I hate about this in the anime is that one can depend on the evolution to save your butt. This matter is fairly moot to me since one can simply use potions and ethers or some kind of power enhancers anyway. In my experience, evolution doesn't starkly increase the abilities you have. In fact, it vaguely makes any difference other than in a lot of cases, the stats gained through a new form are far superior to the previous one. Nonetheless, evolution doesn't really make that much of a difference in the instances I've experienced. Calling anything unfair in the context of in game seems like a useless gesture. (although I can argue that this game is unfair IN GENERAL, casual or competitive) My thoughts are that it would be neat, but I can't determine if it would be a good thing or not.
    Step into the Fairy circle

I'm indifferent. It would be cool if they implemented it but I wouldn't even be slightly disappointed if they didn't put it in.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That would make things really exciting.

I doubt it'll happen because of the aforementioned technical limitations, though.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No. Evolution in the middle of a battle seemed like a good idea a long time ago, but now it would just detract from the Pokémon in question. When defeating a trainer, I want my Pokémon to evolve after the battle, and have some sense of pride in that fact.

Evolving during the battle would most likely involve the other trainer, even if it's just a feeling. I don't want to share my Pokémon evolving with some trainer. I sometimes stop my Pokémon from evolving just so they can evolve after beating the Gym Leader. It might not seem like a big deal, but to me, a Pokémon evolving is a celebration rather than something you have happen in the middle of a battle with a trainer whose name you won't remember just seconds after defeating them, and you'll probably never talk to them again.

I don't see Pokémon evolving during the battle getting a lengthy animation and special music, which again, detracts from the event. After all, evolutions mid-battle are just a "coolness" factor, and symbolic at best, and I prefer to have a different kind of a symbolic evolution; one that actually evokes pride and determination to go on.

Incidentally, that is also the reason why I don't like the Everstone and the Eviolite.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the main reason people want it is because of the anime, it happens all of the time as a plot twist during important battles.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't want mid battle evolutions. One reason is because of a similar feature in PMD Gates to Infinity where enemy Pokemon can evolve in dungeons. This happened to me when a Venipene evolved and defeated one of my team members. I wouldn't want to be battling in game and have my opponent's Pokemon evolve and become even stronger.

Another reason I wouldn't want it would be becaue it would kind of ruin the whole "Pokemon evolve due to experience" thing.

Darkrai is unstoppable!!! Shadowlord XD's Avatar
    Add Shadowlord XD on Facebook
    Visit Shadowlord XD's Youtube Channel

I totally want this to happen cause I was still a bit upset and dissapointed when Brawly's Makuhita evolved into Hariyama when it was battling Ash's Treecko.

If the mid-battle evolution idea is implanted in Gen VI, then a lot of new things could happen. One thing is new ways to evolve your Pokemon. One way could be evolving when hit by a certain attack. Another could be when battling a certain Pokemon or battling at a certain place.

Creddit goes to Blue Dragon for this awesome sig. Request your own at http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f379/blue-dragons-art-shop-122227/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlord XD View Post
    I totally want this to happen cause I was still a bit upset and dissapointed when Brawly's Makuhita evolved into Hariyama when it was battling Ash's Treecko.

If the mid-battle evolution idea is implanted in Gen VI, then a lot of new things could happen. One thing is new ways to evolve your Pokemon. One way could be evolving when hit by a certain attack. Another could be when battling a certain Pokemon or battling at a certain place.
    Having a Pokemon evolve only by being attacked by a certain move doesn't sound like a good idea to me. You could strike out on luck and wait around for a while before meeting the right Pokemon with the right move, and then waiting for that Pokemon to use that move. Also, the last thing we need are more complicated ways to evolve Pokemon. I also believe GameFreak should steer clear of the evolution method involving a certain location, because Game Freak will have to continuously put a similar location in every single generation game after that, and the more Pokemon that evolve in specific locations, the more similar locations they'll need to use and after a while it will start making every region seem like the last. They were interesting ideas though, I hope you do not think I'm putting them down.

Evolving Pokemon mid battle is an interesting idea. It isn't necessary and it won't bother me at all if they have it or not, however, it is still an interesting idea and I agree it would seem pretty cool to have a feature such as that.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast