Do you use the GTS? - Page 10

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Do you use the GTS?

Default Re: Do you use the GTS?

Quote Originally Posted by hakiobo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    GTS allowed me to get all the non-Event Legendaries (except Darkrai, who I just can't find!! I've had a Cresselia up for days for one... thought I'd get something) in the course of the weekend. Now I don't really need it. I don't even bother looking for Events on there and I'm tired of when I want a regular pokemon (even if it is Transfer only for X/Y) often having people ask for Mews and other Legends. I mean, WTF?! So for the most part, I'll probably rely on the forum's GTS to fill out my dex from here on out.

I'd like an added feature where I can pick something I want to trade and then see everything people are asking for it. That way, rather than got pokemon by pokemon I need I can just start with what I have to offer and see what's out there to get for it.
    darkrai is an event pokemon
    Ah, well that explains that as well as why I don't remember him. I've never gotten an Event due to never havin decent wifi for ds or able to go to a location giving them. Don't know why I thought he was in game. Thanks for the info.
    Name: Daniel
    Friend Code: 2552-1947-6811
    Safari: Dragon Type (Fraxure, Shelgon, Druddigon)

Quote Originally Posted by hakiobo View Post
    darkrai is an event pokemon
    Sort of. It's like Victini in a way: you need an event item to get there, but once you're there you get to fight the Pokemon and catch it regularly (non-event style).

As for me...

Still looking for a Riolu lass in a Great Ball, I tweaked my GTS message to "in GreatBall plz" (yes, I had to CamelCase it to make it fit but whatever). It's been 12 24 hours and no takers. Compared to getting trades within 1-4 hours all the previous times I asked for a Lv.30 female Riolu (with message of "Great Ball plz").

Also: Archipelago Vivillon GET! They wanted a Chinchou in return. Seriously, the prevo for my favorite fish Pokemon? OF COURSE I HAVE ONE.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 1st February 2014 at 01:33 PM.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

The Larvestas I'm placing on the GTS are so popular that they're being traded off every few hours. It won't be long before I fill up the entire Kalos dex minus the legendary birds simply by trading.

The demand for Larvestas is incredible.

That seems weird to me considering it's a Safari pokemon :/

Then again back when I was searching for bank mons Castform was very popular. I guess the trends change every so often.

Yes but I got screwed over

Sometimes, only when i don't receive the pokemon I want on Wonder Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon12 View Post
    Yes but I got screwed over
    Risk of the trade.
    Care to elaborate on how?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by lugia61617 View Post
    That seems weird to me considering it's a Safari pokemon :/

Then again back when I was searching for bank mons Castform was very popular. I guess the trends change every so often.
    Or maybe people simply wanted foreign Larvestas for breeding? Idk, but they were 'sold' like hotcakes :D

Can I try? Twinkles the Marvel Horse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll use it from time to time to get pokemon I can't/don't feel like getting myself, but only by depositing. I always get what I want, but despite the fact that I put up almost perfect IV bred breeding leftovers, it frustrates me that I always get terribad "decent all around" or single perfect IV pokes in return. Its not necessarily bad, its just that breeding becomes more tedious the less perfect IVs a pokemon has.
    Shant I tell you of last night's dream?

Dark forms... came to me...

whispering of Unspeakable Atrocities!

I filled up my entire national pokedex with the gts! (except the unobtainables like mew...) and ive gotten so many items and shinies!
    WFC: 1077 2501 1730
    3ds FC: 0018 0046 9768
    my friend safari: skarmory, bronzong, mawile

I've been using the GTS lately and usually get what I want pretty quickly if I use the deposit function. I was finally able to get a Xerneas, a Dialga and a Groudon for two Kyogre and a Rayquaza, and depositing Totodiles and asking for Scatterbugs earned me some pretty new Vivillons. Just frustrated that it can't be used to get event legendaries.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Now that Bank is out, I was hoping to trade a bunch of legendaries I have extras of for ones I don't have at all...but so many of them are blocked D: I have 3 each of the shiny legendary dogs from a distribution a few years ago, and when I saw something up for trade asking for a Suicune, it says something like "This pokemon is special! You can't trade that!" Tried depositing it, same thing happened. There goes my chances of ever getting a Darkrai :(

I have 2 Victinis, and I thought maybe the other event ones couldn't be traded because they were in a Cherish ball, but even though Victini is in an Ultra ball, it still can't be traded. I mean, it is technically an event pokemon, but still, ugh :(

Was able to trade a Ho-Oh for a Lugia and Latias for Latios, though, so it's not all bad. I never really tried to trade legendaries before on the GTS in any game, mostly want to do it because I've never been this close to completing my dex before. Hoping maybe I can trade one of these extra Kyurems for one of the Regis.

Quote Originally Posted by Araragi-hakase View Post
    Now that Bank is out, I was hoping to trade a bunch of legendaries I have extras of for ones I don't have at all...but so many of them are blocked D: I have 3 each of the shiny legendary dogs from a distribution a few years ago, and when I saw something up for trade asking for a Suicune, it says something like "This pokemon is special! You can't trade that!" Tried depositing it, same thing happened. There goes my chances of ever getting a Darkrai :(
    Probably because of an event status? (Cherish Ball, ribbon, etc.) ? You can search for the legendary beasts as is, so they're definitely depositable in general....
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Araragi-hakase View Post
    Probably because of an event status? (Cherish Ball, ribbon, etc.) ? You can search for the legendary beasts as is, so they're definitely depositable in general....
    I can indeed confirm this since Suicune is the thing I trade the most of for my Living Pokedex. The "Special" ones would be either:
    a) Purified Shadow Pokemon (they cannot be GTS'd)
    b) Special Events

It sucks that you can ask for event legends but you can't give them even if you want to. Either let us GIVE our special pokemon away OR don't let us ask.

Quote Originally Posted by lugia61617 View Post
    a) Purified Shadow Pokemon (they cannot be GTS'd)
    Really... is it because they get a Ribbon too?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast