Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

View Poll Results: Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 58.82%
  • No, but I will do soon

13 9.56%
  • No, I can't be bothered

38 27.94%
  • No comment

5 3.68%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

How many people actually try to 'catch 'em all', just like Pokemon's original motto stated? Because seeing as there are now 649 Pokemon, practically five times more than the original 151 Pokemon, I wouldn't think there'd be that many.

However, I'm now trying to do just that, and I'm actually going pretty fast too. Do you try to 'catch 'em all' as well?

Reject the status quo! Radio Rebel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

I've always tried to catch 'em all, but before online trading and Wi-Fi events in Gen IV it simply wasn't possible due to event Pokémon that were never distributed anywhere near me. Gen IV was still difficult because my router security wasn't compatible, so I always had to go to friends' or neighbors' houses to trade or download events, but in the end I finally completed the National Dex in Diamond. With Gen V game supporting WPA I can finally trade from home, so completing the dex in Black was a lot easier. Of course, I got bored and restarted Black, so now I have to catch' em all over again.
    Name: Rebel ♦ Friend Code: 2208-6003-1380 ♦ Friend Safari: Beautifly, Paras, Vivillon
    Badges: 8 ♦ Pokédex: 712 Seen / 712 Obtained ♦ Medals: 109

Nope. I just get the ones I want and that's it.
    Reila likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radio Rebel View Post
    Gen IV was still difficult because my router security wasn't compatible, so I always had to go to friends' or neighbors' houses to trade or download events, but in the end I finally completed the National Dex in Diamond. With Gen V game supporting WPA I can finally trade from home, so completing the dex in Black was a lot easier. Of course, I got bored and restarted Black, so now I have to catch' em all over again.
    Yeah, my router security wasn't compatible with the Gen IV games either. But still, I don't really need Wi-Fi to complete the National Dex, as I can trade between my other Pokemon games to get them all, including HeartGold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GallifreyanGallade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio Rebel View Post
    Gen IV was still difficult because my router security wasn't compatible, so I always had to go to friends' or neighbors' houses to trade or download events, but in the end I finally completed the National Dex in Diamond. With Gen V game supporting WPA I can finally trade from home, so completing the dex in Black was a lot easier. Of course, I got bored and restarted Black, so now I have to catch' em all over again.
    Yeah, my router security wasn't compatible with the Gen IV games either.
    Same. I wish I could though.

Blog Entries

I succeeded back in my Sapphire version, but never since then. There are a lot more 'mons out there now so it's a different ballgame. Depending on what B2/W2 offer, I might as well try to do it again.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I generally like to just catch, breed, and train the Pokemon I like rather than collecting the entire Pokedex to receive a certificate telling me what I already know. I did do it once, but these days I don't see the point in it for me.

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

I've tried but never succeed, I got close in heart gold I was only missing 90 pokemon.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I try, but it's really only a minor priority in my book.
    Thepiplupstory likes this.

Blog Entries

I always try to catch all of them and, even to go a step further, have one of each (including Formes, only if it has a different box-sprite) filling my boxes in National Dex order. The closest I ever came was in Platinum, wherein I own one of every Pokémon with the exception of Celebi and three Deoxys (to fill my alt. Forme quota). Took me up until the release of HGSS before I actually even got that far. Of course, now that I've done that, I don't really play Platinum anymore at all and feel that I cannot restart it (don't wanna lose my events). I was working on doing this in Black, but stopped when BW2 were announced - I don't see the point if I'm just going to have to start it all over again - I don't know how I'll handle it then, if I'll bother filling out my boxes, but for now I'll answer with "yes" because that is where I am at presently :)

//mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//
    Volcarona avatar made by myself

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laterna View Post
    I was working on doing this in Black, but stopped when BW2 were announced - I don't see the point if I'm just going to have to start it all over again - I don't know how I'll handle it then, if I'll bother filling out my boxes, but for now I'll answer with "yes" because that is where I am at presently :)
    Couldn't you just trade the Pokemon from Black to BW2? It might take ages, but it'd be worth it in the end.

Blog Entries

I have have every pokemon besides the unreleased three I even have deevoled pokemon even though I have thier evolve form just for the sake of having them all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GallifreyanGallade View Post
    Couldn't you just trade the Pokemon from Black to BW2? It might take ages, but it'd be worth it in the end.
    I probably could, depending on how it is going to work - sorry for going off-topic, but given that BW2 are sequels, I'm a tiny bit worried that the trading mechanics may not be as simple as say trading between DP to Platinum to HGSS, purely because obviously there is going to be a time differential between BW and BW2, makes me think they may have to augment the trading mechanics in order to compensate for that in terms of continuity.

Disregarding trading mechanics... in all honesty, it's not something I've really thought about. Right now, in my Black game, I'll catch what is available in-game and get what is unavailable off the Dream World (if it is on there) and anything else (discounting events, unless I have spares) I'll transfer them over from one of the Gen IV games. I'll probably do the same in BW2, but the overall answer to your question really all depends on what Pokémon are available in those games and if I NEED to trade them over if I was to be "catching 'em all" once more - if they're available in-game and it's going to be just as quick to find and catch them as opposed to trading them over, then I'll choose find and catch any day :)

//mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//
    Volcarona avatar made by myself

No, I can't be bothered.
    I try to catch 'em all in Generation I. If I was still able to play Generation II then I may try to catch 'em all there. Anything later is just too much work. Not to mention that now there are too many event-exclusive Pokémon, and many can't be obtained through the GTS (additionally, the GTS doesn't even allow you to search for / request Pokémon you haven't seen, so aquiring them would be hard, even if the event Pokémon were compatible with the GTS).

Reject the status quo! Radio Rebel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laterna
    I probably could, depending on how it is going to work - sorry for going off-topic, but given that BW2 are sequels, I'm a tiny bit worried that the trading mechanics may not be as simple as say trading between DP to Platinum to HGSS, purely because obviously there is going to be a time differential between BW and BW2, makes me think they may have to augment the trading mechanics in order to compensate for that in terms of continuity.
    It won't be an issue. Colosseum and XD are five years apart, yet they can both trade with any Gen III game just fine. The only time trading between two different time periods was even addressed was in GS, and those were a completely new generation with new moves and Pokémon. To do so now would just be a needless complication.
    Name: Rebel ♦ Friend Code: 2208-6003-1380 ♦ Friend Safari: Beautifly, Paras, Vivillon
    Badges: 8 ♦ Pokédex: 712 Seen / 712 Obtained ♦ Medals: 109

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast