Do you think they will have worldwide wifi battles in the new pokemon game ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Do you think they will have worldwide wifi battles in the new pokemon game ?

Default Do you think they will have worldwide wifi battles in the new pokemon game ?

I think that they will have these because

. the game will be coming out on the 3ds which has online capabilities
    . in the previous games they have had lan and wifi battles so the software is available
    . more and more games have online multiplayer gametypes so this points towards pokemon doing the same

but i think that there are reasons that it shouldnt exist.

. it could be completely outbalanced ( but this could be avoided by having to enter your pokemon before battling and it pits you against equally levelled players)
    . Lag
    . whether or not you could access it at the start and if you could then it would turn into an exp farm and it would stop people exploring
    , if it wasnt available at the start people would complain.

so what is your opinion and what ideas do you have on this that may help ?

{ edit, sorry i meant to write " lan and wifi battles " but i only wrote " lan wifi battles "
    Last edited by Embored; 16th February 2013 at 06:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think they will have worldwide wifi battles in the new pokemon game ?

I'm fairly sure Random Battle was World Wide. Don't really know because the WiFi in gen 5 was terrible, but I thought it was
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think they will have worldwide wifi battles in the new pokemon game ?

If generation 5 gave us the opportunity to play against players worldwide, I wouldn't be surprised if generation 6 does the same. I just hope they improve it for the next generation.
    NoirGrimoir likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Is there any reason for it to be removed? Not that I know of, so yes, I think so.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You could play against players around the world since Gen IV...

EDIT: I also never had a serious problem with lag, and really, lag isn't that big of a deal in a turn-based strategy game. Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus Uprising, from what I played, were pretty speedy and those games have far more shit going on than Pokemon would.
    Last edited by Garren; 16th February 2013 at 12:38 PM.
    Owain, Baka-kun, Heredity and 1 others like this.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I imagine Random Match and wi-fi battling online will be included in Gen 6, no reason to remove it.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Worldwide battles in online gaming are common these days, so Pokémon X and Y could unable to avoid this. But it's pretty outbalanced sometimes.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

We can already play worldwide. In fact, The Pokémon Company International has recently started hosting International Wi-Fi Tournaments. The last big one was in January, which had players from all over the world (including Japan, Korea, Europe and America).

I just hope that the better online capabilities of the 3DS make it so the server can tell which player disconnected...people ragequitting is an occurrence that is way too common in Pokémon.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

yes....

Blog Entries

Well, yeah. It wouldn't make any sense for them to remove it, especially now that they seem to be trying to promote playing with players all over the world more than ever.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

I haven't played Pokemon since ruby and sapphire, but me and a friend are looking to get back into it! Will/do any of the games on DS have the option to do coop WiFi battles? Like me and a friend v two other people online? This would be awesome!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aaroncoffey3 View Post
    I haven't played Pokemon since ruby and sapphire, but me and a friend are looking to get back into it! Will/do any of the games onDS have the option to do coop WiFi battles? Like me and a friend v two other people online? This would be awesome!!!
    No they do have local and ingame coop battles but not online. Also if i may ask, What turned you away from the series after R/S?

Blog Entries

They've already confirmed battles coming back on the Global Link (so they are no doubt worldwide again), and in the rating battles, they've said that a disconnect during a game will now count as a loss, where before it just cancelled the match.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Awh, it would be class if they did this!!
    I've always loved pokemon and literally played it everyday up until r/s... Then I got an Xbox and slowly moved away from it! Although really can't wait to get back into it! I feel that I've missed ALOT though lol

Is a pretty Sneasel Sneazy Sneasel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aaroncoffey3 View Post
    I feel that I've missed ALOT though lol
    You did, after getting back into the series with X/Y you should go play Platinum, HG/SS or B/W/B2/W2 next to see what all you've catch up on all you missed.
    Your Name Please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast