Do you think there should be 'dating features' in the future games?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Do you think there should be 'dating features' in the future games?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Do you think there should be 'dating features' in the future games?

Before you say anything - I know what you're probably thinking - this doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the Ferris Wheel event with N in BW. No shipping.

... but in B2W2, you actually get to meet a different NPC depending on your gender. You find a lost item for them, exchange calls multiple times, meet up and ride the Ferris Wheel together.

Personally, that looks like a friendly date to me - developing a mild relationship over time, and I find it cute.

There are a lot of places that could be date courses as well in Unova. The bridges, cafes, Pokewood, Nimbasa Amusement Park in general, the PC's hometown, Undella Bay...so why not have the opportunity to meet up with the NPC and spend time together? It doesn't have to be a serious love issue. Just a friendly date spending time together, strolling around, and receiving gifts ranging from PokeToys to Proteins. Maybe you could even choose who to pair up with in the Battle Subway - your date or your gender counterpart.

So how a date works? Just like the call system in HGSS. Remember that if you called gym leaders, you could battle them at the Dojo. The gym leaders also moved around at specific locations.

A date would work similarly. Your date could be at random places at certain times and you could just talk to them. Or, you could simply call for a date. When you meet up, your date will tag along and walk behind you - just like how you team up with NPCs in dungeons. You can talk to your date, or trigger events. The date will be over when you leave the dating location/finish event.

There could also be bonus events - for example, if you are on a date in Castelia City, your date buys you Casteliacones when you talk to the ice-cream stand. A painter could also ask to draw you and your date, and hang a picture in the art gallery - maybe Burgh could compliment on it.

Another example could be in Pokewood. You film a movie, and you watch it with your date - and you'd get more popularity. Or receive an item from your date as congratulations.

Even though pokemon is a kid's game, I think it would be fun if 'friendly love' is included. Personally, it's more healthy than that perverted man trying to peek into a gym full of women.

What do you think?

...guys, don't take it so far - IT'S OPTIONAL.

You can choose to do it, or NOT to do it. It's NOT A MUST. Only an added feature - nothing-like Harvest Moon.

Just something similar to Curtis and Yancy - a mini-side game.

ANY MENTIONS/COMPARISON TO HARVEST MOON OR RUNE FACTORY OR THE LIKE ARE BANNED.

Okay then, those who oppose the idea -

Do you think the Curtis/Yancy sidequest should be banned as well? By their dialogues, I'm quite sure they are fond of the PC, and some of the content hint that they have a slight crush on the PC.
    Last edited by Yato; 29th October 2012 at 11:36 PM.

Shining Monstrosity Elesa Ver 2.0's Avatar

Default Re: Do you think there should be 'dating features' in the future games?

The first thing that popped into my head was

SOCIAL LINK GO!!!!!

( although joking aside I think it would be kind of like... there would be a character for each type of pokemon you could become friendly with / befriend, and the more you became buddy buddy with them they could trade you rarer pokemon and/or moves to tutor your pokemon )
    I thINk sOMeTHinG WeNT wRonG wiTH thAt LaST updAtE

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

No... Just no.
    sonic10158 and Reila like this.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar

There'll be snow in Stark Mountain before that happens. The shipping community in fanon is vicious enough; with canon shipping opportunities, the main plot could be hampered by romantic plot tumors.
    Gengarzilla likes this.

Yes, just yes! 8D; The Harvest Moon fan in me really likes such an idea. I know I wouldn't have minded dating the likes of Denzi or Daigo, or even Shirona (what). The problem is gender barrier, though. :/ I was hoping the NPC was random, but noo, apparently only boys date girls, and only girls date boys. "OTL I hope there is some gay option, I know Japan would have no problem with it (hello cross-dressing children's nurse in B2W2 Japan).
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    The problem is gender barrier, though. :/ I was hoping the NPC was random, but noo, apparently only boys date girls, and only girls date boys. "OTL I hope there is some gay option, I know Japan would have no problem with it (hello cross-dressing children's nurse in B2W2 Japan).
    The age barrier is another factor. Pokemon's primary market--pre-pubescent or near-pubescent children--probably doesn't ship or date. The idea of homosexuality or any sort of sexuality would be dubious to them, even in Japan. While Nintendo/Game Freak might have increased sales due to greater interest from those that would like a dating option (even non-shippers) the backlash from those that don't would outweigh the support. Besides, Nintendo has been disinclined toward romantic options (save for the occasional tease) in almost every series they've had; what makes you think they would change on this one?

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

It has no place in Pokémon
    Reila likes this.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

The pokemon anime is targeted at younger kids as well yet it has featured a number of crushes and puppy love in the show. So age isn't really an issue, imo.

Like I said, the romance factor doesn't have to be there - simply just getting friendly with a certain NPC of the opposite gender will suffice. There's Charles the Heartbreaker, but do you want to showcase characters that keep failing at dates?

And just so you know, there are already Couple themed trainer classes, so age isn't really the issue

Follow KrystalDragon13 on Tumblr Visit KrystalDragon13's Youtube Channel

I wouldn't mind the idea actually.

I claimed Nidorino in the 'Claim a Pokemon' thread!

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

This seems to be more suited to the Video Games section so I'm moving it there.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Totally out of place. I'm going to have to say no.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Guys, I'd really appreciate if you provided reasons why mild dating features won't fit in the game, if you're against the idea.

Kids aren't stupid - they develop feelings in real life and they also know the concept of love. I think mild friendly dates would be okay as long as it isn't too developed. Also it would appeal nicely to the female players of all ages.

Eh, I'm not really feeling it either. So long as it isn't too romance heavy, I don't think it's a bad idea, but there are still a number of other things I would much rather see first, such as a return and expansion on secret bases and the underground. That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatmor C. Dawson View Post
    The age barrier is another factor. Pokemon's primary market--pre-pubescent or near-pubescent children--probably doesn't ship or date. The idea of homosexuality or any sort of sexuality would be dubious to them, even in Japan. While Nintendo/Game Freak might have increased sales due to greater interest from those that would like a dating option (even non-shippers) the backlash from those that don't would outweigh the support. Besides, Nintendo has been disinclined toward romantic options (save for the occasional tease) in almost every series they've had; what makes you think they would change on this one?
    It didn't stop the Ferris Wheel dating option in BW and B2W2. :< It could be optional, and a pairing is only "canon" if you choose it to be. You do have a point though, sometimes I forget the target audience is children. "OTL
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Definitely, no.
    Reila and sonic10158 like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast