Do you prefer the less girly look of the new heroine? - Page 3

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do you prefer the less girly look of the new heroine?

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you prefer the less girly look of the new heroine?

I also like this girl's design over every other one so far... Except maybe Leaf.
    Her clothes actually are cool, or at least normal. Shirt, shorts, black jacket, boots with normal socks, cap. Her design would be too normal though if it wasn't becouse of her crazy-awesome ponytail.

The shorts in particular actually look like they were longer and she just cut them. Actually I think it isn't farfetched to say she's somewhat tomboyish.

I also find funny how the pink large thing on her sprite from the earlier screenshot that everyone who didn't want her to be girly freaked over about was actually her bag.

Blog Entries

She looks pretty girly to me. I love her look but the colors are a bit unimaginative. I was hoping to see some more black other than the now generic waistcoat. Likin' that hat though, she definitely looks sporty.

The boy Is possibly the cutest yet. Chances are, he wont appear in the anime though.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

You know, since this is the first time I'll play as the girl (for sure), and since she's going to be running around being awesome and kicking butt, I'm going to have to decide between naming her Kim or Katara.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    You know, since this is the first time I'll play as the girl (for sure), and since she's going to be running around being awesome and kicking butt, I'm going to have to decide between naming her Kim or Katara.
    Dude. I agree, but still: dude. Time and a place.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, if she does appear in the anime, I hope it's not as a Dawn replacement. Just someone older than most of the main cast kicking butt, a recurrent character maybe.

Dawn has gotten quite a large fanbase, and really, she would have more potential as sort of a cool big sis. Give her Tsutaja too.

I don't know if her "girlyness" or lack-there-of has anything to do with it, but she's probably my favorite girl design. Maybe tied with Leaf.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tacotaskforce View Post
    Daisy Dukes and enough hairspray to blow a hole in the ozone layer isn't girly? That sounds pretty girly to me, and I totally approve.
    In that case, since there was a rumor quite a while ago about the possibility of driving a car, I'm definately getting a General Lee with my Fire Piggy riding shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by CypherFDP View Post
    According to CoroCoro, she's apparently older than previous Pokemon Protagonists. And that was totally unintentional.
    I don't see how the characters' ages would be unintentional... are are they?

ANYHOO... for the original topic... I think her design isn't necessarily "tomboy", but I think it's more rural and/or country. People who have been comparing her to Daisy Duke might as well be saying the same thing, because she's pretty country, and the setting of that show is in Georgia (there's actually two different types of "country", from what I gather: southern and western. I'm of the western variety.)

I think the character being more rural/country is a more appropriate term than tomboy, because there's tomboys in both the big cities and in rural areas... same goes for girly-girls. I used to be a bit of a tomboy when I was younger, but now I'm starting to be a little bit more girly as I grow up, and yet I'm a country person who lives in a rural area. I think the features about her design that makes me think she's more "outdoors" is her hiking boots.

As for me liking her design? Yes, I like it alot. She almost looks like me, except I don't wear pink, don't wear sleeveless shirts and shorts, don't have blue eyes, and I wear glasses... and I don't wear a hat.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

YES YES YES YES. This is the first female trainer we've had who actually looks badass to me, besides Crystal. xD I love her love her love herrr. Her hair and her hat and her outfit and just... so much win okay.

1/3

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Rufus View Post
    I do like how past heroines have looked, and I like this one. I wasn't expect short-shorts on this one, but it's all good. My least favorites in heroine designs is probably Crystal and Lyra.
    I didn't particularly like Lyra either. Don't like the mushroom hat and super long socks. But hey, I'm a boy so that doesn't bother me :). White = Epic :)

Blog Entries

I actually really like her style. Her hair, her clothes especially her pants (I like the little fabric things sticking out at the sides), everything about her really. As of now, she's tied with Dawn for my favorite character design.

She needs to have the piggy starter!

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Rainbow Dash= Best Pony Miles Prower's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Miles Prower on MySpace

Well, I really lover her looks! looks pretty damn atteactive considering shes a 14-15 year old But...its the younguns who we need to remember, this is a Childs game...not a Rated T game. But I dont mind, since I am old enough...jus sayin
    Just your average, everyday Brony...who has a Fanfiction account

Blog Entries

I didn't particularly like Lyra either. Don't like the mushroom hat and super long socks. But hey, I'm a boy so that doesn't bother me :). White = Epic :)
    I liked Lyra's outfit accept for the hat. The overall facial features were totally off. It's as though they just supersized her HGSS sprite and put her in frames. They should have made her look the same as other girls in the anime. Maybe it's just me but she looked too spritey.

Anyway I agree, White Is really looking awesomely cool.

Stranger than you dreamt Batbloodx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Less girly? Hardly. Shorts (especially short shorts) do not equal less feminine. Besides, look at the color scheme.

Personally, I think the guy's sprite looks nifty. The only time I picked the female protagonist was in Gen II because it was brand new (and Diamond, because I disliked the male sprite... his hat made his head look bizarre).

As far as females go, in design, Kris still pwns Lyra in the Russia-sized bonnet-thing.
    You're running after something that you'll never kill; if this what you want, then fire at will...

Blog Entries

I'm NOT playing the girl for once. >_>; Every other girl tops White-chan by quite a bit and the only thing I like is the fanarts. Kotone is and will always be the best for me, but White-chan is just... ugh. After such a great design they give us this. :/ Playing the boy voluntarily for the first time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I liked Lyra's outfit except for the hat.
    fixed.
    this should be really obvious but, I really don't post here anymore. I pop in from time to time, but I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko Heiwa View Post
    Pokemon - The Only Series Who's Fandom Regards Differing Opinions As Trolling

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well she's certainly better received than Lyra was, if first impressions online currently are any indication.

She seems better received than Dawn too for that matter, no complaining about short skirt or "girly lolicon."

Probably the best received design since the third gen of May and Leaf.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast