Do you play Pokemon using internet challenges!?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Do you play Pokemon using internet challenges!?

Blog Entries

Default Do you play Pokemon using internet challenges!?

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the infamous Nuzlocke challenge, but if you aren't I've added a picture for you all to rest your eyes upon. It has the rules. Basically, every time I get a new game I do the Nuzlocke challenge for my first run through, I guess it makes the game a lot more interesting. I've also learnt, from this challenge, not to depend on the starter you receive in the beginning of the game! I find it a fun challenge, I've even earned $450 for doing it!

I've also done the Pidgey challenge, which needs no picture. It speaks for itself. Complete the game using a single Pidgey, you may catch Pokemon to use as HM slaves but that is it. They aren't allowed to fight, only the Pidgey.

Nuzlocke Challenge

What challenges do you guys use?! and why?!
    Last edited by Savi; 5th November 2012 at 04:50 PM.

Mew

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Do you play Pokemon using internet challenges!?

Yeah, I Nuzlocke all my games now, though I've yet to win one; everyone always dies near the end! ;_;

I used to do monotype runs a lot too, and still sometimes do them when I'm not Nuzlocking. I don't see the appeal of single-species runs though. Don't think I could ever do one of those.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    Yeah, I Nuzlocke all my games now, though I've yet to win one; everyone always dies near the end! ;_;

I used to do monotype runs a lot too, and still sometimes do them when I'm not Nuzlocking. I don't see the appeal of single-species runs though. Don't think I could ever do one of those.
    Have you ever had just a Metapod in your team? Hahah, worst thing ever -___-"!!

Single-species annoy me! It's almost impossible if you don't use a HM-slave or have a good species like water n_n;

Should probably mention I ran into my first shiny doing a Nuzlocke challenge, was so committed that I killed it. So sad, hahahahaah. Was a cute little Staryu!!~
    Green Zubat likes this.

Mew

Im doing a Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke right now. Also, I am trying to make a comic out of it. Once Im done making the comic, I may even make a comic series from this Nuzlocke series. So far I have only had one death in the family so far, and that was my Zubat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    Im doing a Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke right now. Also, I am trying to make a comic out of it. Once Im done making the comic, I may even make a comic series from this Nuzlocke series. So far I have only had one death in the family so far, and that was my Zubat.
    Aah, is it your first Nuzlocke challenge?! Good luck with the rest of it!! xo

Mew

Quote Originally Posted by Cleffa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    Aah, is it your first Nuzlocke challenge?! Good luck with the rest of it!! xo

Blog Entries

No. I play for fun....well my own fun not internet challenges

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I've done a nuzlocke. :P It's fun, but I like to just choose my own members

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

I prefer to not play nuzlocke or any other internet challenge like that, I prefer to just catch whatever and have a rule-less playthrough. (And I don't have the heart to restart any of my games...)But if you count the living Pokedex as an internet challenge...I'm working on my second one. I hope to finish it before the end of this school year...and at this rate, I should. I just realized I just spent the past 6 hours working on my second living Pokedex today O.o

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Togekiss View Post
    I prefer to not play nuzlocke or any other internet challenge like that, I prefer to just catch whatever and have a rule-less playthrough. (And I don't have the heart to restart any of my games...)But if you count the living Pokedex as an internet challenge...I'm working on my second one. I hope to finish it before the end of this school year...and at this rate, I should. I just realized I just spent the past 6 hours working on my second living Pokedex today O.o
    ugh I hate that challenge, purely because some Pokemon are harder to get than others, AND at the end when I go through I'm always missing one n_n;

Mew

Blog Entries

I've never tried doing a Nuzlocke or monotype run. I wouldn't mind trying for a mono-run; it would probably end up being a team of nothing but Automatons. A Nuzlocke run is a different story.

I honestly couldn't force myself to release a Pokemon if it fainted in battle--I'd probably disqualify the 'Mon and put it in the PC until after the E4. The idea of letting someone go who worked so hard for me but lost a battle just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I'd have to massively overhaul the rules to even attempt one, to be honest. (What can I say? I get attached to those silly blobs of data.)
    The Togekiss likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want to Nuzlocke White 2 (in Challenge Mode, no less), but I'm really busy in grad school right now. (not to mention, finish all the postgame stuff in Black 2 and focus on breeding).

I once tried a Nuzlocke on my old Crystal version just for kicks. If any of you saw the Awkward Zombie comic on your first Nuzlocke (I believe it was Awkward Zombie, at least...), then you'll know how it went.

Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

I'm nuzlocking on my Pokemon FireRed ROM. My only death was my Ratatta from battling Gary Motherfucking Oak. It was the top percentage of ratatta :(

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    I once tried a Nuzlocke on my old Crystal version just for kicks. If any of you saw the Awkward Zombie comic on your first Nuzlocke (I believe it was Awkward Zombie, at least...), then you'll know how it went.

Hahahah, this made me laugh. Did you restart? x']

Mew

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast