Do you have any concerns about the two upcoming games?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Do you have any concerns about the two upcoming games?

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Do you have any concerns about the two upcoming games?

Throughout the past several months, we all have mentioned a number of things we are looking forward to in Pokemon X and Y. However...have we talked about the negatives? This here thread is for any worries you may have about the two games. Is there anything that currently bothers you about them? If so, what are they?

Now then, I'll go first. *ahem* I can recall reading on the Pokemon X/Y website that we are trying to become champs again. The moment I read this, a warning sign immediatly came up regarding the plots in the games. We've done the "Complete the Pokedex, stop the evil team, and become champion" thing numerous times by now, and I don't want these two titles to feature the same story that has been done multiple times already. I want to do something new for a change, and a new plot will greatly help with the freshness of the games. However, if I have to do the same thing that I have done in past entries, that would hurt the sense of "new" in my adventure.
    Ivysaur likes this.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Default Re: Do you have any concerns about the two upcoming games?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Edit X View Post
    Now then, I'll go first. *ahem* I can recall reading on the Pokemon X/Y website that we are trying to become champs again. The moment I read this, a warning sign immediatly came up regarding the plots in the games. We've done the "Complete the Pokedex, stop the evil team, and become champion" thing numerous times by now, and I don't want these two titles to feature the same story that has been done multiple times already. I want to do something new for a change, and a new plot will greatly help with the freshness of the games. However, if I have to do the same thing that I have done in past entries, that would hurt the sense of "new" in my adventure.
    You're playing a pokemon game. You may want to start preparing now for disappointment.

Blog Entries

I'm definitely looking forward to playing Pokémon in 3D, but I still have doubts as to how well the 3D will actually come together. I'm talking about the feel of the environment, how effectively the game is able to convince us that this is a world, not just a picture with the details. They're going to have to change how they handle the environment--since having a lot of static elements, while completely okay in 2D, deadens a 3D world--and I'm concerned that they might not have adapted well enough.
    Last edited by Dragonfyre; 8th June 2013 at 11:17 AM.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Frankly, I'm concerned that they'll make even more event-only legendaries. Having lots more would make me extremely sad.
    "Why shoot something once when you can shoot it 46 more times?" - Urdnot Wrex

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

We don't need that many legendaries at all. Can you just give us three??
    Urilikya likes this.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

I just hope they don't reuse the victory themes and many of the jingles from HG/SS like they've done twice.

追放されたバカ

I was hoping that the character models would look more realistic, the looks they have now might get negative reception if they remain that way.

Fry
    Add Fry on Facebook

The designs are a little too plain for me thus far- I hope they get better, or I'm going to be disappointed.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    The designs are a little too plain for me thus far- I hope they get better, or I'm going to be disappointed.
    With the Pokemon, characters, or everything in general?

Fry
    Add Fry on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by - The Shadow Fox - View Post
    Just the Pokemon. Like Yancham looks like a plain panda. ;-; That upset me.

追放されたバカ

Same here, and Mewtwo's new form is...weird.

Quote Originally Posted by - The Shadow Fox - View Post
    It's Pancham. And have you seen Seel? At least Pancham changed the name. Seel just changed one letter. IT'S A SEAL. WITH A LETTER REPLACED. AND IT CAN SHOOT FRICKIN RAINBOWS FROM ITS HORN.

Fry
    Add Fry on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Akzivx V View Post
    It's Pancham. And have you seen Seel? At least Pancham changed the name. Seel just changed one letter. IT'S A SEAL. WITH A LETTER REPLACED. AND IT CAN SHOOT FRICKIN RAINBOWS FROM ITS HORN.
    Whoops, people on my other forum refer to it as Yancham.

And yeah, but. Seel wasn't one of the first Pokemon of the generation released, or whatever. So far, the Pokemon company has released 9 Pokemon from X and Y. About 5 of those nine are...lacking in design. ^^" So if these are the Pokemon they want to show off first, imagine how the others would be? -shudder-

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

One thing that's been getting on my nerves for the past two generations is the over-reliance of event Pokemon, the amount of event-only Pokemon has increased with each generation, going from only one in the first two generations each, then two in Gen 3, then 4 in Gen 4, then nearly 7 in Gen 5, and it's going to get to the point where half the legendaries are event-only, and even some NON-legendary Pokemon as well.

This has become one of my BIGGEST problems with the franchise is the over-reliance of event Pokemon. And I think Gen 6 should at least limit it to two event-only Pokemon, or none at all.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

I'm concerned about many things. The most important ones are:

-GameFreak takes steps back. They remove or withhold important features that we've seen before to market them for the third version/sequels/remakes. Examples include the Battle Frontier, PWT, Join Avenue, Gym Leader/Elite Four rematches, difficulty levels, Secret Bases (which need to come back), and the quality of the story or characters.

-The 3D overworld and battles leads to compromises. We haven't seen many NPCs in big cities like Lumiose, and I'm worried the 3DS's ability to maintain a steady framerate with several objects on the screen (or its lack thereof) could end up leading to a shaky framerate, or cities and an underpopulated OW that looks and feels dead. Battles may be slowed down to maintain the framerate or animations could take too long and draw out battles unnecessarily. GameFreak took big steps in improving both the quality of the OW and the speed of battles in the 5th Gen, and hopefully the push in technology won't hurt them here.

-The quality of the post-game. Will there be enough that lasts us at least a few months, or maybe even enough until the next game comes out? This goes hand-in-hand with how many features they decide to bring back and how many they decide to hold off for future games, but it also includes just how many extra areas to explore and Pokemon to catch they include after the main adventure.

-They don't do anything to address both the direction the metagame has gone and the increasing disparity between the game's strongest Pokemon and all the others. Newer Pokemon tend to have much batter base stats and base stat distributions, and Dream World abilities are the only way most of the oldest Pokemon can even compete. Types are significantly unbalanced, and in such an offense-driven metagame, it's almost impractical to try and kind of defensive or even balanced approach. Even battling between friends has become redundant and boring, and it'll be a shame if GameFreak doesn't try to even fix any of this.
    Last edited by Ivysaur; 9th June 2013 at 02:06 AM.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast