Do you cheat in Pokémon to your game?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Do you cheat in Pokémon to your game?

Default Do you cheat in Pokémon to your game?

I recently found a terrible addiction.

Cheating Pokémon into my game. Yes, that means that I have tons of unavailable Pokémon. Even my shiny Meloetta, Mequ, was just another 'mon that I cheated in on my PokeCreator spree yesterday. And my shiny Drifloon... along with my shiny Mewtwo, Keldeo, shiny Pikachu, shiny Purugly, and regular Mew. ( I got it regular because I like it that way. )
    Actually, my only legit shiny is my Zorua, Zen. I stumbled across her while attempting to breed for a male. Nice surprise, eh?

So, how do you guys feel about cheating in Pokémon? Do you approve, or do you think it's wrong? And before you start to yell at me, I do not and will never use any Pokémon I cheat in for battles with people outside my game. xD

Visit Vulcan's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Do you cheat in Pokémon to your game?

I hacked in a pokemon once, guilt ridden I released it shortly after.
    I like to obtain everything legit for the challenge or it isn't fun at all. I don't mind people hacking in pokemon for single player and such, I just have a problem when they intend to cheat someone into giving away a legit one for a hacked pokemon.

FC (3DS) Pokemon X: 5129-1070-1280 Signature by me
    Official claimer of Breloom@Vulcan

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

No I do not. It's called cheating for a reason...

Blog Entries

I fear my own power, sometimes. I once played through a pokemon game on an emulator, and save states allowed me to ensure that supersonic hits every single time and the opposing pokemon will hurt themselves in confusion (these events aren't that unlikely, and it's really quick to just repeat the turn over and over to get the desired outcome). So I had an Exploud as my most powerful pokemon because he had Supersonic, and he was a god.

It's also a really tough habit to break once you realize that you never have to grind up levels again or ever experience anything unfavorable.

Steak have a pillory. pokefan548's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit pokefan548's Youtube Channel

Only on my disposable saves on my ROM.

Blog Entries

I myself do not, even though there are times I have been sorely tempted. (Waiting on a trade from the GTS can be a royal pain in the skidplate.) However, I have received things in trade that are illegal and even though I know it, they stay with me. I've lost count of how many shiny Golurk that I've received in Cherish Balls.

I still keep 'em though.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

I do, but only once I've beat everyone and done everything, and there's nothing to do but wait at the GTS. Then I spice the game up.

Well, I think everyone should do what they want with their own game.

Particularly, I've recently learned how to cheat (for backup purposes), but choose not to do it. I think the main reason why someone would want to hack is getting Pokémon with perfect IVs to use in online battles, since the main story is already easy. Even so, I see no fun, since the game has a lot of interesting features to make you enjoy your experience while you try to obtain what you want. Other than that, I see no point in having a lot of rare pokémon or illegal moves, since it was not the intended experience for the game. For me, the fun of pokémon are the existence of different creatures with different characteristics and the hardness to obtain something. Since much money and love were paid for my games, I just don't want to remove the fun of them, lol.

Adventuring through Kalos Aamir's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Aamir On Twitter

I do not cheat, because I think its well- getting the easy way out and I want to enjoy every minute of the game
    CynthiaLover likes this.

Weavile Forever

Registered User Thorne_Darkrose's Avatar

Visit Thorne_Darkrose's Youtube Channel

I used to use gamesharks to get mew and some pokemon I couldn't get back in the gen 1 and 2 days, but haven't since then.

I used to cheat, not for shinies or anything, but to skip the whole IV-breeding, EV-training step, and instantly have Pokemon ready for battle competitions. "Who wants to spend all their time doing that? There are tons of other video games to play, too", I thought. I didn't really battle that much with them, but whenever I did I felt a little guilty. What if my opponent had actually spent hundreds of hours putting that team together, while I just hacked them in? If I wanted to battle without the hassle of training, I should have just used something like Pokemon Showdown.

So after Black 2/White 2 came out, I decided that was a good chance to go clean. Coincidentally, at the same time I was looking to change the name of my online identity to "Leocul", which generally requires creating an entirely new account on most websites (looking at you Nintendo) so the timing was perfect. I erased the save files on all of my Pokemon games and started over on all of them, playing completely legit. It's been a lot more rewarding, and I really prefer focusing on one set of games as opposed to trying to be get good at Pokemon and 20 other games. Occasionally I still do play other games, but most of the time, Pokemon!

The most annoying thing of the whole process was loosing my Dream World points and having to go through the tutorials on that again, since it's so time consuming to get enough points to unlock more areas/Pokemon...still haven't gotten far on that front... But otherwise I'm very happy with going full-legit.
    Last edited by Leocul; 24th September 2013 at 09:16 PM.
    Codface likes this.

I used my friend's action replay back in Gen III. After a while, I didn't like how I felt about it so I swore never to use a cheating device again.

I use in-game glitches only. Usually to get Pokemon, because you need the glitches to get the Pokemon, so I'm not sure it's called cheating. Trainer-Fly Glitch (RGBY) and Surf Glitch (DP) are the once I've used. I've used cloning glitches too, and I would consider those cheating. I used them for infinite use of TMs and sharing my Pokemon.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

I used to a lot with the Gameshark and emulators, mainly to make a certain Pokemon appear, get lots of rare candies and Full restores.... after a while, about 6 months or so, it go very boring (such easy wins) that I got out of emulators, and instead bought the real games on DS. For me, no more cheating since.
    Last edited by Playful_Weasel; 28th September 2013 at 07:50 PM.
    Leocul likes this.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

i don't have a cheating device and i don't see the point in shelling out a couple dollars to get an action replay when i don't have my games with me now that i'm in college so no

if i want to play competitively, i'll play on po or ps! anyway. i like playing the cartridges without cheating, though i don't think it makes me intrinsically 'better' or whatever than anyone else lol
    Leocul likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast