Do we want TM's to stay re-usable?

View Poll Results: Do you want TM's to stay re-usable?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!

157 94.58%
  • No!!

5 3.01%
  • I don't know...

3 1.81%
  • I don't care.

1 0.60%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Do we want TM's to stay re-usable?

Question Do we want TM's to stay re-usable?

I like that TM's are now re-usable in Gen V and I personally hope they stay like that, but I figured others may want that to change, so I just want to know what the general opinion was.
    Phoenixon and Cabecote like this.

Follow Meophist On Twitter

Default Re: Do we want TM's to stay re-usable?

I'm certainly in favour of reusable TMs. Without it, I get scared of using TMs.

Definitely. The main problem with one-time use TMs of previous gens is that for most of them you only ever acquired one per playthrough. If you taught it to a Pokemon then realized later on you should have/want to teach it to something else instead, well, too bad! Sure, if you taught it to a male Pokemon then you can possibly pass it down via breeding, but only to egg-compatible species.

Making TM's reusable encourages players to experiment more with their Pokemon's move combinations because there's no fear of making mistakes and losing out on a cool item.

And, speaking as a lover of Fire-types, I used to absolutely HATE how Surf was a reusable HM when other elements' best attacks were one-time-use TM's and very difficult to acquire more copies of (typically only as Game Corner prizes).

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I kinda have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, I OBVIOUSLY want this feature to stay if for no other reason than for the mere convenience. On the other hand, though, when it was first introduced, I felt it was just one of those changes that made things too easy. On the bright side, you can't use them as PP replenishment.

I'm more for keeping this feature.
    Phoenixon likes this.

Yes. Why would you ever say no to this? It makes the game more convenient more than it does make it easier as long as the distribution is smart.

In gen 5 I actually used my TMs to try out some of the new attacks instead of letting them rot in my bag from fear of needing them for something more important. Reusable TMs should 150% stay.
    Phoenixon, Ange and Stuntology like this.

Blog Entries

Basically when I realized in BW that TMs were reusable I went, "Oh, Flippin' yes!" Before BW I hardly used TMs at all, for fear I'd regret it later, and most TMs couldn't be obtained more than once, I love how now I teach pokemon moves left and right, I try different move-sets out and if they don't work, no big I can reteach it a different TM, or use the move re-learner. It just makes things less stressful, you can go through the main game without fear that if you teach your un EV-trained whatever-mon Blizzard to kill some in-game dragon users that you otherwise don't have a chance against, you aren't going to go, "Damn it! I wish I hadn't done that..." later. Especially for the competitive battler, it's incredibly useful, and makes it way easier for non-competitive players to get competitive (like me). Also, it's still not a piece of cake exactly to get the TMs, you still have to find them, talk to the right NPC for them, win them from a gym leader, or buy them (for a surprisingly decent chunk of change) or purchase them with hard-won BP. So I really don't think we lost anything, or the game got too easy in any way by making TMs re-usable. And it never really made sense why they weren't reusable in the first place, since HMs were.

If they changed it in xy I would seriously cry. Or curse someone.
    Last edited by NoirGrimoir; 24th May 2013 at 12:46 AM.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

learn it live it love it venusboi79's Avatar

I've used a lot more TMs since they've become multi-use. Like others, I was always afraid to use a lot of them "just in case". I was a TM hoarder, hauling them across games (back when you could do that) in anticipation of finally finding the perfect Pokemon to use one on. I wouldn't it say it makes the game easier, just a nice feature that encourages playing around with new movesets and party blends.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

I think they knew it would be "easier" to use TMs now, but that's why they made the purchasable ones quite expensive, I think. Plus, the really good ones like Earthquake are pretty hard to come by.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I definitely would like TMs to be re-usable. Prior to the fifth generation, I rarely used TMs. I think it was a combination of not wanting to teach a move to a Pokemon only to regret my decision later and I liked having all of the TMs on me. I didn't like that they disappeared. Making TMs re-usable would make it easier for players to experiment on movesets for their Pokemon. Plus, without re-usable TMs or move tutors, a lot of Pokemon wouldn't have much variety in their movesets
    Phoenixon and Stuntology like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Of course! In the past Gens, I used to end up being unable to use the TMs because I didn't know who would use it better. Now I can use them and try them on different pokemons and experiment all sorts of movesets

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Definitely yes. Why not keeping TMs usable? And I hope for more TMs. Rerusable TMs could not cost a lot more money in games.

Yes! TMs are so much better when they're reusable.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes 100%. That is probably one of my most favorite things that the 5th Generation did and I hope they continue to do it in Future Generations to come.
    Berrenta likes this.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
    I'm certainly in favour of reusable TMs. Without it, I get scared of using TMs.
    Same here. I end up never using them as I'm a wishy washy coward.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

I can't think of a reason why GameFreak would want to go back to the old ways of one time only TM's. I believe this newer system works a lot better. I'm sure we'll be seeing this feature continue along our Pokemon Journeys.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast