Do Battle Points seem too hard to obtain to you?

View Poll Results: What do you think should be done about BP?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't care/know

0 0%
  • It's too hard, lower the prices

9 23.08%
  • It's too hard, increase the prize money from tournaments

18 46.15%
  • It's too easy, raise the prices

0 0%
  • It's too easy, decrease the prize money from tournaments

0 0%
  • It's fine the way it is.

12 30.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Battle Points seem too hard to obtain to you?

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Do Battle Points seem too hard to obtain to you?

Last I checked, at the PWT winning a tournament, not counting World Leaders and Champions, gives up to 3 BP. So to get even a damn Power Item, you need to win 6 or more of them. And don't get me started on TMs - even the really crappy ones cost 6 BP, so 2 tournaments. Not to mention Rare Candies and Focus Sashes both cost 24. Admittedly some semi-useful items only cost 3, but I am pretty sure they're found in other locations.
    Personally I think every single thing you can buy in the PWT/Battle Frontier/etc. is way overpriced, except for the Vitamins. It wouldn't bother me so much if we got even, say, up to 6 BP. I know Champions can give you as much as 12, but then you need to win at least 15 tournaments (5 regional leader tours once plus World Leaders 10 times) before you even get the chance. And let's not forget the hax in the PWT is turned up to eleven, so it's not as easy as it may seem.

So what do you think? Is BP too hard to get, or is it fine the way it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Fiery passion that burns! Season's Avatar
    Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

Default Re: Do Battle Points seem too hard to obtain to you?

I've always struggled to collect these which is why I never bother collecting them at all, so basically yes.

Hero of the South Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Pretty much. While I understand the reasoning behind having them, I've always loathed how hard they are to get.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Definitely not. Considering you get them for online battles win or lose, as well as from the PWT and the Battle Subway, I think it's ridiculously easy to get BP. Before BW2 though I would have said yes though.
    Last edited by Oswin; 15th January 2013 at 01:52 PM.

I think BP are supposed to be hard to get, that's the whole point. I mean you get good things like Power Items out of them so I figure it's worth the effort.

I don't mind them being hard to get b/c the rewards are pretty awesome

plus getting my ass kicked in the PWT has lead me to strengthen the movesets of my team

except for samurott, he's okay

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    Definitely not. Considering you get them for online battles win or lose, as well as from the PWT and the Battle Subway, I think it's ridiculously easy to get BP. Before BW2 though I would have said yes though.
    Agreed. Prior to Black 2 & White 2 it wasn't easy, but now there are so many options. And if you're battling competitively then it shouldn't be difficult at all. Also considering almost all of the prizes help foster a competitive team (powerful TMs, Power Items, stat boosting items, etc.) it becomes a cycle. Battle for BP, win, earn BP, purchase items to improve your team, repeat.

In BW yes it was extremely hard. Now, with the introduction of the PWT, it's a bit easier but not as easy as it was in PtHGSS with the Battle Frontier.

I think they fine. The point of BP shouldnt be as a challange requiring the highest EV/IV trained monsters. They should be obtainable with a bit of effort to anyone.

Actually you can earn up to 10 points in certain PWT categories, depending on how well you do. That's almost halfway to a Power Item or something of equivalent value.

The Subway was a bit of a nightmare for gathering points, but I've never had trouble with the PWT or Gen IV's battle frontier.

Blog Entries

My only real grip with Battle Points is that you go through so many of these battles, some of which can be rather time-consuming depending on certain situations, and usually only earn very little points in the end. I feel as there should be more of an earning given this fact, or at least lower the prices of some things to even that. It's not so much the prices for me, it's mostly the time it takes to earn even a little. But I also don't really participate in a lot of competitions that reward battle points, I guess I just never felt the desire or need to since the rest of the games have other things to keep me preoccupied, so really, it may not be that big of a deal. The prices do seem otherwise fair for the most part.

Edit: But as the above poster had put it, sometimes it just depends on the competition itself. I guess he has a point about the battle subway, but a balance for things overall would be nice.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

I don't find it difficult at all, actually. I spend a lot of time in the PWT and the Battle Subway just battling away so I have I always seem to have a ton of Battle Points. At first when I tried the PWT I thought the BP reward after a tournament was a bit low but now they seem to stack up quite nicely.

As of B2W2, I think the BP system is fine. They halved the cost of most items like Rare Candy, Muscle Bad, Focus Sash, etc. and there's one tourney where you get up to nine BP. Honestly, I'd gripe about the BP systems elsewhere (maybe with the exception of DP; 20 BP for beating Palmer!) because it was so time consuming, but I love the return of the Dome-like format. It keeps the opponents somewhat interesting while boosting the points earned.

Prior to the PWT, they were almost impossible. (Actually I think time consuming are the appropriate words.) Of couse the smashing through the PWT was easy with EV trained Pokemon. (And more BP was gained.(The IVs hardly mattered.)) Before that it was the Battle Subway in BW (Full of hax.) or the Battle factory in E/PL/HG/SS in which the opponents always seemed to have the upper hand. Or the Battle Tower (Which was too bland and also full of hax.) in every other game. So I guess it used to be hard.

Blog Entries

I don't think they are too hard necessarily, but I do think its annoying that as you unlock more tournament modes, the higher modes don't really give you extra BP. It's like, there's not a lot of reason to even play them, when you can do Driftveil over and over and win easily ever time, etc. They should give you a couple extra BP for those at least, just to make it worth it.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast