Do always Shiny pokemon ruin the concept? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do always Shiny pokemon ruin the concept?

Default Re: Do always Shiny pokemon ruin the concept?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Frost View Post
    It dosen't ruin the concept. There have been very few of those guarunteed shinies like the Red Gyarados. If I remember correctly the ones you get are:
    Red Gyarados(G/S/C and HGSS)
    Shiny Gible/Dratini(BW2)
    Shiny Haxorus(BW2)

That's only 3 and With the Haxorus you have to work for it(completing the Unova Dex) I don't think that takes the value of shinies away considering that they might be the only shinies you even see in those games.
    You're forgetting all the event Pokémon. Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Pichu (who can evolve into Pikachu and Raichu), and probably others I'm not recalling. I don't think they can be traded on the GTS (not sure), but either way, a shiny Entei is a lot less rare than it was before the promotion.

Anyway, I don't think that any of these "Pokémon who are always shiny" ruin the concept at all. The concept is that the Pokémon looks cool (if you like its alternate coloration). Nothing more. The fact that they are really rare (except the ones who are always shiny) and can be used in trades is a nice bonus, but it's got nothing to do with the concept of having shinies in the first place.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Do always Shiny pokemon ruin the concept?

It's called advertisement. Someone who started playing in Gen V will likely be introduced to shinies through Haxorus and Gible/Dratini the same way we were introduced to them with the Red Gyarados. There's nothing wrong with definite shinies at all.

Hypnodance FTW!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12