• Retail! Because reasons.

78 78.00%
  • Whichever is cheaper.

15 15.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Digital Download vs Retail Thread

Default Re: The Digital Download vs Retail Thread

I will never go with a Digital Download. I just don't like the idea of paying for something and not getting a physical copy to hold in my hands. Plus if my system ever blinks out on me I'd have to jump through hoops to get my game back.

I prefer having a physical copy. My self of games is like a shelf of trophies to me. Showing all the games I've managed to beat throughout my life. Plus getting to hold the box and see the box art is so much nicer!
    Flamesazer likes this.
    An IceFox who prefers fire types? That's... interesting.
    I'm more partial to blues and greens as well~

I am happy they have provided digital options for people, but I will always be a fan of OWNING the media whether it's a DVD or cartridge.
    Flamesazer likes this.

3DS FC Crackseed - 3711-8003-2965 | Fire Safari - Growlithe - Pyroar - Braixen

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

I'd choose the Boxed version any day, it's nice to have a collection of Boxed Pokemon games.
    Flamesazer likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TokoTamer View Post
    Am I the only who's had the thought that these games might actually not receive a digital release? Call me crazy, but I think there's a good chance TPC could talk Nintendo out of it. Consider for a moment what could be done by copying the digital copy's save file. You could potentially duplicate your entire Pokemon collection and then some.

There's a reason why Pokemon Colosseum and XD on the GameCube both had copy protected saves, after all.
    I agree that there may not even be a digital copy. Too potentially easy to do things with it
    Flamesazer and The_Doctor like this.

Please Help Hatch My Team :) I do my best to repay the favor but im sorry if i miss you

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gotta go with the retail version, regardless of whether or not there will be a digital download for the games. I don't have room in my SD card to download a title that takes up a lot of space. Besides, it would feel more rewarding to go to the store to pick up the game, as apposed to just waiting for it to finish downloading after purchasing (opinion there). Finally, I somehow like the boxes, so...yeah, I can't quite put it into details.

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

Retail for sure. Even though my games take a good amount of space on my bookshelf, I think it beats digital considering I switch systems every few years. And I'd cry if I lost my precious mons. xD
    Flamesazer likes this.

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station
    "There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable."

Blog Entries

I love having physical copies of games, it feels more like I'm actually owning them then. If I'm not having a physical cartridge or disc of a game then it doesn't.. feel right to me.

And I cannot let go of the incredible feeling of getting the game in your hands and just admiring everything before inserting it into your system to see the beautiful company logos and the intro.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

With regard to losing the system or the cartridge, I think you need to remember that it's probably easier to misplace a cartridge than lose the entire system because of the size difference.
    I think download is nice because you can get it instantly without having to travel far or wait.
    Of course, it's definitely awesome to have the physical cartridge to drool over ;D
    I guess.. If there's not too much of a price difference I'd buy the retail copy. :)
    -The flames will burn on...

Visit Jerbuta's Youtube Channel

I'm not really bothered. As long as I can play the game, I'm fine.
    ♥ Pokemon TCG(O) and Pokemon Manga ♥

Click me to see my contributions and work in the Bulbagarden Network!

3DS FC: 0060-9530-3133
    BLACK FC: 3053-6598-2300
    BLACK 2 FC: 3096-5330-3234[/SIZE]

I will never switch to digital. Ever. Physical from retail is how I'll be buying my pokemon games until retail doesn't exist anymore. Not only do I feel a better sense of security with physical cartridges, but I love getting that shrink wrapped box with that cool fresh feel, and opening it to find the game and manual and put it into my handheld with a click :D
    Ange likes this.

Probably retail since i dont have a 3ds and will probably pick one up at the same time.
    suttonmitchell likes this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Always retail, no matter the game.

1. Prices are almost always the exact same between digital and physical copies of a game, which is more of a rip-off for Digital buyers because with the physical copies, the manufacturer has to pay for disc/cartridge and packaging, whereas there's no extra spending involved in selling digital.

2. Data space is not unlimited. I don't want to have to worry so much about whether or not my SD card has space left over. With the retail copy, you either save directly to that cartridge or you only keep a small amount of data on an SD card instead of the entire game as well as save data.

3. If I decide "hey, I want to play Pokémon X and Y!" several years from now, I don't care to have the worry of whether or not the game would work because GF/Nintendo shut off the servers to the game. This may not be a big deal if the game is sent to your SD Card instead of being "in the cloud", so this isn't as much as a fear as number 2

4. If I misplace the system *knocks on wood*, I don't want to lose all my games. Losing just the one game that was inside the 3DS as well as the 3DS is MUCH better than losing ALL the 3DS games (if I had switched to digital) as well as the 3DS itself.

5. I have a shelf that I like to proudly display my videogames. Digital copies wouldn't be able to be on my shelf because they are, well, digital.

6. Nothing beats opening the box of a new game. I love that new game smell also.

Sure it may be more convenient, but I think the retail copy has more pros than the digital one.

So, sorry, Nintendo, you will just have to keep the 30 extra Club Nintendo points
    Ange, The_Doctor and Flamesazer like this.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

I buy digital versions often on my PS3 because... it's not a handheld. I wouldn't want my Pokemon game on my 3DS (if I get one). What if I lose it or drop it? I drop everything. D;

I would be very happy getting a physical copy of the game too. I can set it beside the rest of my Pokemon games on my shelf.
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Whichever's cheaper. I would have said retail-only, but I bought the digital download version of New Super Mario Bros 2 back when it was released on eShop, and even though I had to delete some stuff on the SD card (I need to go through and do that again; there are just some things I don't use anymore), it was cheaper than buying the actual cartridge because there was no tax. It's just handier, to me, though I would still buy the retail version of X/Y.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekindle View Post
    Whichever's cheaper. I would have said retail-only, but I bought the digital download version of New Super Mario Bros 2 back when it was released on eShop, and even though I had to delete some stuff on the SD card (I need to go through and do that again; there are just some things I don't use anymore), it was cheaper than buying the actual cartridge because there was no tax. It's just handier, to me, though I would still buy the retail version of X/Y.
    Nintendo made products ar known to be very sturdy I've dropped mt DS/3DS plenty of times.,, vut Retail
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast