Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...) - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

Default Re: Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

I only ever used the Dusk Balls aside from the regular ones

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    I only use Dusk Balls with my regular balls. I do, however, use any special ball I have when I'm out of Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls on a legendary.
    Essentially this. I want all my Pokemon to share their balls. Lack of uniformity is bad. The only thing I feel is worth breaking the norm is the Dusk Ball, because hot damn, dem shadow effects.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Dusk Balls and Timer Balls are useful for catching legendaries, so I definitely use those. And honestly, I actually have main Pokemon on my team that I caught in Heal, Luxury, Quick, and Net Balls, so I think that they all have their uses. Especially if you want to see different effects for sending out your Pokemon.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I don't really use other sorts of PokeBalls aside from the main three.

I do use them if I have them from finding them randomly or them having been gifted to me.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

Usually only use the Dusk or Timer.

The rest usually to waste them since they're taking up space. :T

Also Known As BB ^.^ British Banette's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I use only pokeballs for the pokemon on my PBR team. Yep. even shiny pokemon are caught in pokeballs.

i only use pokeballs and master balls. however, when i was younger i did use ultra balls and stuff.

Kudos to Neodark for the best banner! AWESOME job!

no.....

Follow mijuwott On Twitter Add mijuwott on Facebook
    Follow mijuwott on Tumblr

I use different balls depending on the situation I'm in. Fishing/Surfing: Net Ball. Cave: Dusk Ball, etc. And I thought that said Luxray ball at first, ha.

For common Pokémon I mostly use Poké Balls but sometimes I'll use Great Balls or Ultra Balls. Or any other special Poké Ball that I happen to have... sometimes to make it easier to catch, but usually just whatever ball is convenient (like, if I run out of Poké Balls but have some Dusk Balls I'll use them, even if it's not dark).
    For Legendaries, the only Poké Balls that I use are Premier Balls. I like it to be a challenge so I do nothing to put it in my favour. I use Premier Balls as opposed to Poké Balls for 2 reasons -- they look cooler (in my opinion), and they are harder to buy so I don't have as many, which makes it even more challenging (I can't just go into the battle and throw 100 Premier Balls until I catch the thing or I'd run out). The only reason I'd use a different ball on a Legendary is if I do run out, but in that case I normally just turn off the game and try again later. Also, I caught my Dream World Arceus in a Premier Ball too... because I had never used the Dream World before and had no idea that there was even such a thing as a "Dream Ball". Apparently any ball thrown at a Dream World Pokémon will function as a Master Ball. It's nice that my Arceus is in a Premier Ball though, as it keeps the uniformity.
    Also, I have never used my Master Ball and probably never will unless I get really desperate (like if I find a Shiny and I'm all out of other balls or if its a Shiny Abra or some other Pokémon that flees).
    Last edited by Xenidal; 25th March 2012 at 01:28 PM.

The only special balls I use are dusk balls and, sometimes, turn balls to catch a legendary, but nothing else. In fact, I doubt I've ever user a heal ball, given that, after you have six pokemon, they're essentially useless.

For some reason I absolutly love using Premier, Repeat and Moon Balls. Something about their designs keeps me wanting to use them! :D

Blog Entries

Visit VirtualAnomaly's Youtube Channel

Premier Balls, Dusk Balls, Timer Balls, and Quick Balls. Premier is only for decoration, and the other three actually have decent uses.

Yes, I do. It is better then having a strict set, so I can catch a variety of types and pokemon in certain places....

Luxury Balls are pretty much pointless except for the look... unless you use a move that the Happiness has an effect on then there's no reason that a Pokémon even needs to be happy. Most Pokémon who evolve through happiness can't be caught in Luxury Balls anyway... baby Pokémon hatch from eggs, Eevee isn't caught in the wild, etc.
    And yeah, Heal Balls are even more useless since you most likely won't have a free slot in your party. And if you do, you could just go to a Pokémon Center or use an item or something before you start using that Pokémon.

Blog Entries

I'll use Dusk balls, Timer balls, and Quick balls. I always have a few, and I throw them out before anything else on a pokemon I want. I caught Moltres on Platinum that way.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast