Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...) - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

Default Re: Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

I don't think i've ever used any new special balls, i always stick with great, ultra and master ball's.

Bulbapædist Crystal_Talian's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

I love using special PokeBalls. Sometimes, I'm actually really picky about getting certain Pokemon into certain balls, even if it's just a Premier Ball. I like to see the different animations when sending Pokemon into battle, it keeps me from getting bored. =p

Blog Entries
    Follow Daikenki On Twitter Add Daikenki on Google+
    Visit Daikenki's Youtube Channel

I used to use special Pokéballs but now i'm just a maniac throwing Poké Balls, nothing else, no matter what kind of pokemon i face.

You got mail :3

Blog Entries

I use them just for the sake of them being special. I never use heal balls though.

Blog Entries

Follow gryffindor1991 on Tumblr

I never really use them unless I find them or they are given to me. I never buy them. Except I sometimes use Dusk Balls. They were a life saver when I caught Kyurem in White. In Gen II and SS I never bothered with giving apricorns to Kurt to make Pokeballs. I didn't want to wait.
    3ds FC: 3454-1523-2870
    Pokemon X ign: Joe
    Dark friend safari

Yeah, back in Gen 2 I collected them and tended to use them a lot. In Gen 3 I kinda got bored with them and in Gen 4 and now 5 i've finally started to use them to like there full potential. And using them to help me catch pokemon that they're actually meant to catch, instead of just using them to use them lol

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

People don't use Dusk balls? Wut? They're great, as sitting and throwing Ultra Balls at legendaries gets boring pretty quickly. I do hoard Ultra Balls as well, having less than 100 is not very common on a slot with a lot of hours on it, but this goes for Dusk balls and Quick Balls as well, as Quick balls excel at catching weak pokémon without having to reduce their HP (practical when only having strong pokémon on your team). Timer Balls works as well, though that is mostly for gen III, as in most situations, Dusk balls are generally just better. I also carry some Net balls, they are useful sometimes (though I don't like their animation, which is why I don't often use them for anything except box fodder).

Then again, when I'm in a hoarding mood, I can easily buy 40-50 of various pokéballs. Just to be safe that I never run out.

Blog Entries

Yes, definitely. My shiny Palkia on Pearl was caught in a Dusk Ball and I planned it that way. (Space Dragon, darkness of space, it seemed to work.) I use Quick Balls a lot and I've also used Timer Balls on lengthy catches but I don't often use Heal Balls. I don't know why. I guess I don't since by the time I have a decent amount of them I have a full team and the caught Pokemon will simply be sent to my PC. Master Balls are saved for one of two things: the roaming Legendary or the shiny I absolutely must have.

I also love Repeat Balls. Those are great if you're in an area you've been before. I have quite a few catches in Repeat Balls. (Yeah, they're all Automaton Pokemon. What did you expect?)

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

All the time! Most of them have either very useful effects, or look awesome, or both at once - why would you NOT want to use them? Sometimes I like to match the colour of Poke Ball with the Pokemon it is caught in. For example, my Reshiram is caught with Premier Ball, because of it's white colour and red animation when it opens up. My favourite of the bunch has to be Dive Ball though, if only for it's eye-pleasing shade of blue.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Blog Entries

Besides Apricon Balls I use some of them.(I couldn't use Apricon Balls because I never played Gen II games and their remakes.) Dusk Balls are really useful, since I could only play around night time. I use Net Balls frequently as well. I used to use Nest Balls, Repeat Balls and Dive Balls for their effects in Gen III but I stopped using them frequently after a while because I didn't see much need. I never had much luck with Quick Balls and Timer Balls, so I didn't use them frequently. Aside from special balls I use normal Pokéballs because I had more luck with them in Gen IV; though in Gen III I had more luck with Greats <_>.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I used to match the colors of a Pokemon to a Pokeball, like a Great Ball fer Roserade, 'cause of it's red and blue rose hands.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

I usually only use them when I think they look cool. For example, I caught a Golbat I planned to use in a Dusk Ball because Dusk Balls are awesome. And I once caught a Clamperl in a Dive Ball.

Oh, and I once caught an Onix in a Lure Ball for the lulz. xD
    Last edited by crystallineEntropy; 20th December 2011 at 07:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Not the Heal, Quick, Dive, or Repeat Balls, but I do use others.

I particularly like Nest, Net, and Heavy, as well as Luxury/Friend for those that need it.

I never use heal,quick or luxury ball but anything else yeah

Blog Entries

I caught a Rufflet in a dusk ball because I love the dusk ball's deploy animation (it reminds me of a Protoss building warping in).
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast