Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

From Gen II, loads of special balls were introduced than the standard Pokeball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, and Master Ball.

Some were made by Kurt using apricorns, some were special Devon products, and some were other stuff.

Did you ever use the special balls?

For me, I use a variety - since most legendaries are huge in Gen II and Gen IV, I used Heavy Balls. Plus, I often challenge them at night so Dusk Balls turn out to be useful, too. (besides, most of them live in caves)

I never used Heal Balls. I mean, by the time you can afford one, you probably have six pokemon on your team and it is going to be sent to the PC anyway.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Default Re: Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

When I have the time and quantities to be picky I will use one that visually or theoretically suits the Pokémon - i.e., a Heal Ball for an Audino etc.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

Follow Kyumorph on Tumblr

Default Re: Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

Not usually. I use Dusk Balls on legendaries a lot, considering the repetitive cave enviroment. YOU'RE MAKING THIS TOO EASY, GAME FREAK.
    But yeah, I usually carry only ~70 Ultra Balls and nothing else.

back for now... returnofmastercrazyhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add returnofmastercrazyhand on Facebook
    Visit returnofmastercrazyhand's Youtube Channel

what about the safari ball?
    i found my second best pokemon in firered through the kanto safari zone. for that reason i visit the safari zone a lot in every region since firered
    I claim pokemon magmaruby, aquasapphire, ultra red, and super blue versions
    text only sigs are dumb.

home is where the heart is and my heart is in both me home land and Australia. what is my home land? Lebanon you dope. couldn't you guess from the arabic name?
    Blog Entries

I had a quick ball obsession in gen 4

Blog Entries

Only if they look pretty on my Pokemon. Like a heal ball for a shiny Ducklett.

Blog Entries

I use quick balls, timer balls and dusk balls

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

The ones I tend to use are the Dusk Balls. Always waste/use the premiere ball one gets at the start of the game on one of my first captures. Usually use the other ones when I'm starting to run out of the standards or just want to waste it. That's how I caught my Druddigon, with a heal ball that was in my bag I had no use for. xD

Mystery in another region Koukoubean's Avatar

Follow Koukoubean on Tumblr

I use any Pokeball as long as it catches the Pokemon, but my favourites are Dusk Balls, simply because I'm used to playing Pokemon at night and thus they are more effective. Quick Balls are also good if I want to be done quickly or if it's a shiny.

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I've found use for the Timer Balls and Dusk Balls (combined while attempting to capture legendaries).

I used a Heal Ball once when I was in Victory Road and running low on health / items. I only had five mons in my party so I caught one with a Heal Ball to help me make it out without whiting out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

HeartGold and SoulSilver restored my love with the Heavy Ball; especially when it came to capturing Pokémon like Snorlax, Groudon and Kyogre. I was really disappointed that the Apricorn balls weren't in Black and White. Other than that, Dusk Balls get used a heck of a lot by me. I use any ball I have on me at the time, but those two are the ones I used the most (oh and when it came to Pokédex completion, the Level Ball).

Blog Entries

I only typically use the timer ball and dusk balls. Not too fond of anything else since I would rather use the ultra ball.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Yeah, I use them when I know they'd work best, like Dusk Balls in a cave or at night or Timer Balls when it's taking a crapload of time to catch a legendary. Oh, and Net Balls for water and bug types. And I used Heavy Balls on Lugia in HG. I also try to use Heal Balls a lot because they're my favorite Pokeballs. I think they're so pretty! <3

So I use them on my favorite Pokemon. :3

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

I generally just use Dusk Balls, because I prefer to use Ultra Balls everywhere that isn't a cave/night time. Though if I'm doing something like catching a bunch of Luvdisc then I'll use Quick Balls
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I use those all the time actually. Heal Balls are good if you want to use a Pokemon you catch immediately for battle and have space in your party because the Pokeball automatically heals the caught Pokemon. I like to catch shiny Pokemon with Luxury Balls or Premier Balls. Quick Balls are nice too to catch a Pokemon you dont want to battle and risk KOing and Dusk Balls are good for catching Pokemon in the evening when Im usually playing the games so it works out well I try to carry alot of those.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast