'Deceased' Save Files/pokemon...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Deceased' Save Files/pokemon...

Default 'Deceased' Save Files/pokemon...

Does anyone here, ever delete their save file on their games? I've done so a few times. Although... the first time was the worst...

I betrayed them.

Chimchar... Ellie was your name... I'm sorry I erased your file on Pearl... if I ever get platinum, then you shall be reborn. I'll bring every one of you back to fight once more, and I will never abandon you ever again!

...And if I need to start again to bring you to level 100... the thing that made me give you up in the first place because it was too difficult to achieve and took too long to accomplish... I will. I realise now that... there are a lot harder thing I can do in these games... fight Kyogre and Groudon with only Ultra Balls, do a solo Pokemon run with Charmander, complete your Pokedex without cheating all the way, fight to save the world only to fade away into light when the deed is done...

I realise now, that once you start something. You have to end in any way possible. I may never become the "best that no one ever was" but my partner once said "we'll do out best, like always!" and my life will shine.

Titan. My brave Charizard on Leafgreen. You were my solo member on my team during my kanto days. Though it was tough (especially considering your Nature -Mild- which lowered your Defence pretty badly), fighting Brock, Misty, and Blue all on your own, you still managed to do it superbly! You even beat the Champion in the end! Your level was 83, with Fly, Fire Blast, Blast Burn and Overheat. And yet... I gave you away. I sent you to Sinnoh... a few days before I deleted that file, and lost you forever.

Now, 2 years later, you have returned my little dragon! Turned back into your 'baby' form as a Charmander, I named you Titan after your namesake. I know that you will become a strong Charizard someday! The fire will never die, until the last ember fades!
    -
    Anyway, this is a thread to discuss any 'deceased' members of your team/ save files you've regretted losing. Whether it be nuzlocke, because you got "bored", a glitch, or because you gave something away and couldn't get it back.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 'Deceased' Save Files/pokemon...

They are just data for me. I never regret restarting my file unless it has more than 200 hours of game-time already..
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Terrible Blaziken no. 827 TerribleTwelve's Avatar

Back in Gen 3, I broke my Sapphire Cartridge (something to do with ice cream). I won't mention the nicknames (you wouldn't want to hear about them) but I remember a few.
    There was Kyogre, my brother's Crobat, a Pelipper, and my level 67 Blaziken. Being my first game and all, it was an utterly traumatic event, and I was depressed for weeks, until my mom decided to buy me a new one.
    I still have that cartridge to the day.

After Gen 3 I began to care less about save files and stuff. So now I reset all the time.
    The twelve Pokémon that make the Pokémon world awesome.

I have done so a few times in order to obtain the three starters.
    I've also done so on my Generation I / II games quite a few times, in order to replay the game (since Pokémon only allows you to have 1 save file... and with Pokémon Stadium / Pokémon Stadium II allowing you to transfer all your Pokémon before restarting then there was really nothing to lose).
    I don't exactly regret this, but I once tried using a game-save device that supposedly allowed you to save 100 save files to it... however, I either used it wrong or it was defective because instead of doing that then all it did was erase my save file. So I never used it again and returned it.
    What I do regret is that I had a Ruby Version game, with the Pokérus obtained in-game (no cheating / trading for it), and I let someone borrow the game since he asked and I had beaten it anyway (I think I had beaten it). The next thing I know, he asks if he can start a new save file... at first I didn't want him to but I agreed, so the Pokérus was lost. And to make things worse, when I wanted it back then the kid didn't return it. I think he said he lost it or something... either way he didn't have it and was unable to give it back.
    I recently obtained the Pokérus again (this time on Black) by cheating though, and I bought another copy of Ruby, so I didn't really lose out on anything.
    Also all my Generation II games have had their save files erased due to the bad design of the clock sucking the battery dry. This is very unfortunate, and worse, it will no doubt also happen to my Generation I and Stadium games. And I have 2 or 3 official Mews given to me from the Pokémon 2000 Stadium Tour... I'd hate to see them go. My only hope is to replace the dead battery in one of my games and then transfer the Mews to that game to prolong them for another few decades, but I can't do that as I don't have any experience with taking apart computer stuff or soldering, and I don't even have the equipment to do so anyway.

Follow Purellian On Twitter
    Visit Purellian's Youtube Channel

I restart my games all the time. I have a permanent file on Pearl for completing the dex and breeding, and whenever I want to restart one of my other games, I just trade any useful or well-liked Pokemon over to the Pearl file. I really enjoy being able to restart my journey any time on the rest of my cartridges.

Waiting for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y since January, 2013!

The only one I restart a lot is Sapphire. I also restarted White one time.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I always feel bad about restarting...

But anyway, I've restarted Yellow Version way back, Silver Version, Ruby Version (many of times), and Emerald Version. Even though I'm usually better in each new save file, I always wish I could go back to my old one. *sigh*

Follow Jenni on Tumblr

I restart from scratch whenever I want to train a new team. Mostly because I like leveling against trainers (I even EV train a little against trainers sometimes too), so I end up beating every single trainer in each game to get my team's levels up, and I end up doing rematches when I can, etc. so I run low on trainers to beat up.
    Plus, playing through again I can get all the TMs again (not as important in gen5 but previously TMs were 1-use only) and I can get the free drugs (carbos and proteins and such, and Hp Up and PP Ups). So it's a lot easier for me to get the resources I need for a new team if I just restart.
    Check out my LP channel, I do mostly roguelikes. https://www.youtube.com/rogueswonderland

Gardevoir Enthusiast Okami Takahashi's Avatar
    Follow Okami Takahashi On Twitter
    Follow Okami Takahashi on Tumblr

Never restarted in my life, but I have lost my Silver files to the sands of time, and my Red file was claimed by the Missingno...

Quote Originally Posted by Okami View Post
    and my Red file was claimed by the Missingno...
    No it wasn't... I don't know why people keep saying that but it's completely not true. MissingNo. had only one negative effect - graphical glitches (in battle and the Hall of Fame). Neither damage the save file in any way. If you lost your Red save file it was because of some other glitch or because of a GameShark code gone wrong or something wrong with your cartridge.

Blog Entries

Follow Ennife on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTwelve View Post
    Back in Gen 3, I broke my Sapphire Cartridge (something to do with ice cream). I won't mention the nicknames (you wouldn't want to hear about them) but I remember a few.
    There was Kyogre, my brother's Crobat, a Pelipper, and my level 67 Blaziken. Being my first game and all, it was an utterly traumatic event, and I was depressed for weeks, until my mom decided to buy me a new one.
    I still have that cartridge to the day.

After Gen 3 I began to care less about save files and stuff. So now I reset all the time.
    How was it broken? I've found many resurrected Pokemon games put in a different game's case because someone shattered the plastic.

My most traumatic experience was when my main and original Sapphire's battery died, so clock based events no longer occurred. Happened maybe two years ago, and I freaked out because I thought I lost over 500 hours of game play and my 383/386 pokedex. You know, for the second or two before I clicked on in the prompt. That game has been with me since about a week after it was released in the US. (I saved over my first file in a rage over being stuck on the third gym). Now my lv 100 starters reside safely in my main Black version.

I've saved over countless games. To get a different starter, another Jirachi from my bonus disk, or to replay with a new party. Since I usually breed a select part and train them up in a new game pack because that used to be the easiest way to do it. Plus I'd get more legendaries XD
    Black FC: 0003 2921 9951
    Platinum FC : 0389 5693 5042

September 9 ~ If we had an open trade or request before I went MIA, please PM me and I'd LOVE to work out the details again.
    Working on a Wishmaker Jirachi trade station (almost a giveaway) since I dug up my Bonus Disk, VM/PM me if you're interested.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I only restarted a JP Red save file I corrupted the team on due to extreme glitching. I also have had several Generation 2 dead batteries. I usually don't restart unless I buy the cart used or have a good reason.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My first Silver file was lost for some unknown reason. (I used the cloning glitch a bunch of times though, but no cheating device.) I was devastated, but had no event Pokemon on that file. Obviously, my new file has to be gone too because of the battery, and I haven't dug up my cartridges again in a while to replace the battery.

Blog Entries

I've only reset a few times and most were on Black. I decided I'd go ahead and get all three of the starters as female so I'd chose one, get the C Gear and send it to my hubby. I didn't lose any Pokemon, though; I took everyone with me. Now, if you were to ask me to restart my Black cart, I'd say no. I have one Golett too many who would need to be sent somewhere and I don't have the room!

I did however lose my entire save file for Colloseum because of a glitched memory card (slag you, Mad Katz!) and I'm willing to bet my Crystal save file is dead and dust. Kinda makes me wanna cry.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

I've never restarted, but I have lost my Gen I and II save files. The saddest was Silver, which was my first game and had the same save file for its whole life. On it was my first and most powerful Pokémon, Typhlosion, who was mere steps away from level 100. He was by my side from the beginning of my quest, and he was with me even at the bitter end.

Typhlosion will never be forgotten. His legacy will live on in his SoulSilver successor, who may or may not get offspring of his own.

I also bid farewell to Yoda, a Mew I acquired through the infamous glitch. I managed to raise him from level 7 to at least level 60-some. The few Mew I still own (all Generation IV) will never see a spot on my team—I can't clone them, and they're more valuable untrained.

Farewell to my Gengar, who was a crucial element in my triumph over Red, being the key to defeating his Snorlax. I hope, wherever he is now, there's plenty of sweet dreams for him to eat.

Lastly, I bid farewell to glitch Pokémon both caught and uncaught. I regret that I shall never see another one in the flesh again.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast