Curiosity - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Curiosity

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Curiosity

Pre-Release everything but Pokemon if possible. Post-Release is gonna be bit weird, not gonna look at anything till I can't do anything but. Its going to be great not knowing much about the games, and figuring out again which Pokemon goes in which route, and so forth.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

The most I want to learn is some of the new features and some new Gym Leaders/Characters so I want to know info about them before I buy them. with new generations, I also want to know the names of new Pokemon and what the version-exclusives are cause this also helps me choose which version I'm buying first. I don't want to spoil all of it, but also want to know somethings so I have some idea of what to expect.

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

I'm way to curious to avoid spoilers, so I'll be reading up on all the info we get as we get it.

I've yet to decide whether starting a game 'fresh' or keeping up with the incoming info is the more fun activity.

Blog Entries

Whatever I come across. Which, considering that I spend a sizable portion of my time daily on a pokémon fansite, is a lot.

But I just mean is, I'm pretty neutral when it comes to spoilers. I don't actively seek them out, but I don't feel bad when I see spoilers, either. Maybe it's because I still have no idea what would work better for me: should I come in informed as much as possible, or blind for the surprise factor? So I'm kind of drifting in the middle.

I'm most interested in info about the new pokémon (starter evos, the legends, etc.) and battle mechanics, though.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

With Black and White i knew nothing and didn't enjoy the games that much, so i'll try and find out as much as i can this time.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

I'll read all the news that's officially released, but I don't want to find out anything beyond that. Like people who got the game early because they snagged one from a storage room or reviewers who get it two weeks in advance, I'd rather not know all that stuff. This is the first time we get a simultaneous release and I intend to make use of that.

A man in pursuit of power Norman's Avatar

I went out of my way to avoid information for B/W, and I'm quite glad I did. There were only a few Pokémon I knew about, I knew the version differences that weren't related to the available Pokémon, and unfortunately the endgame involving the Pokémon League being interrupted by Team Plasma got spoiled for me, but for the most part I went into it blind and I really enjoyed it that way. It was hard staying away from all of the information about it, though, especially after the games released in Japan but not in the US. I wasn't planning to go so spoiler-free in sixth gen because the localization wait was such a pain, but since we're getting a worldwide release this time around, I'll probably try to avoid spoilers again, except for some of the version differences so I know which game I want. Maybe I'll check out some of the early information we get in the coming weeks, but after that I'll cut myself off from X/Y news.

Well, there's some information that's impossible not to know ahead of time. Hell, the game's main legendary is on the cover. I generally try not to learn anything more than the broadest information, which will be easier because now every country is getting the games on the same day.

I'm going to learn everything that's released up until the games are released; beyond all the pre-release stuff, I don't want to know anything else.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

Part of me wants to devour every single morsel of information available to me, so I can start picking out a team of Pokémon to work towards capturing when X and Y first come out. I've a habit of only ever using the same six Pokémon in a game, as I end up really attached to them, so if I just went in blind without knowing anything about the Generation VI Pokémon I'd likely end up holding out on training more than my Chespin until I knew what Pokémon I wanted to have permanently on my team.

I'm fairly torn, though. Not knowing what to expect when I returned to playing Pokémon games after a few years of abstinence (with Emerald, I hadn't seen any of the Hoenn Pokémon aside from the starters - for the longest time I didn't know the Seviper I'd caught was shiny!) was what really reignited my adoration for the series. That thrill of adventure and the unexpected is always a great feeling.

On the other hand, the slow trickle of information when Generation V was first announced was what really got me invested in Bulbagarden as a community and I really enjoyed all the discussion and debating, and having all that information as soon as it was publicly available helped me form the team I wanted so I knew exactly what to catch and where to catch it when Black and White finally came out.

The only thing I'm absolutely sure I want to find out ahead of the release is how the starter evolutions are going to look and, if possible, how their stats are going to be distributed. I'm considering holding off playing X and Y for a week or two after the release to give Bulbapedia time to start working their delicious informative magic.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

Well for gen 5, I found out about it late I'm such a slowpoke but I didn't really care about the new Pokemon announcements or anything, just knowing the starters and their evolutions was enough for me. lol then in BW2 I really didn't want to spoil anything so I really avoided spoilers when I could (which was pretty hard but, alas, my efforts were in vain; someone spoiled the Ghetsis tries to murder you thing on pokememes on memebase lol, I don't go there anymore, though, just got bored) I still don't know the whole plot and refuse to read anything about what happened in BW2 because I want to find out for myself (which is a new first because I honestly didn't pay attention to the plot in pokemon games in the previous gens and didn't care) and even though it's been months since BW2 came out I'm still sticking with that, I'm gonna finish the game myself. For gen 6, though, it's gonna be different. I'm actually eagerly waiting for them to reveal more pokemon and more details. Yeah, I wouldn't want spoilers, but if I accidentally stumble upon one I wouldn't be as bothered as with BW2.

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

I think I'm one of the few who try to squeeze all the information possible before playing. I hate when I find movies or books spoilers, but when it's about video games, I must see as much spoilers as I can.

Blog Entries

It's going to depend. I'll spoil myself on the Pokemon--which I always do--but I'll try to not spoil myself on the story. However, I've found that spoilers don't really affect my enjoyment of the game; I was still freaking out that Ghetsis was trying to kill me on B2. I had already learned about that part of the story weeks before. To me, reading about it and experience it are two different things.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

I spoiled myself silly when BW came out, but I still enjoyed it. I promised myself back then to try not to do such when Gen 6 came to be. So I'm just going to read up on whatever official sources come out with and leave it like that until I get the games themselves.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast