Curiosity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Curiosity

Default Curiosity

Just a little though provoking question for everyone.
    How much info will you try to find on X and Y?

I don't think I'm going to go past the Starters and the Legendaries this time. With Black and White I tried to find as much info as possible, so when they came out I knew the names and types of all the Pokemon before I even caught them. It was kind of a disappointment, so I'm going to try to avoid info as much as possible for X and Y.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Curiosity

Im going to find out everything I can. All Pokemon names and such. I like seeing the info its a lot of fun for me. I did this with BW and really enjoyed the games even with knowing all the info.

Blog Entries

I'm assuming this in regards to spoiling oneself?

With any new Pokemon generation or version, I like to look up certain things when I can. Things like where Pokemon can be caught, where items can be found or purchased, and what the levels of the gym leader's Pokemon are. This is because I like to actually plan myself ahead with the games rather than to do a complete blind run. But as for spoilers for plot and story, I generally prefer to not spoil myself with those. Everything else I don't care if I'm spoiled on.

If you mean pre-release info however, then I generally read just about everything that is given.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

What do you mean by trying to find as little information as possible? X and Y are getting a worldwide release in October. Even if you don't wan't to know the Pokemon and don't check Serebii/Bulbapedia, you would have to live under a rock until October as the Forums will be discussing X and Y news all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Goomba View Post
    What do you mean by trying to find as little information as possible? X and Y are getting a worldwide release in October. Even if you don't wan't to know the Pokemon and don't check Serebii/Bulbapedia, you would have to live under a rock until October as the Forums will be discussing X and Y news all the time.
    This is true, but avoiding info wouldn't be that hard while using the forums simply because all the discussion about X and Y is confined to one or two specific forums that you can just avoid looking at all togther.

Blog Entries

Disappointment? Never! I always spoil myself as much as I can (except the storyline, I like to keep that mostly unspoiled), and I can enjoy the games to the fullest afterwards anyway.

I want to know everything. One reason is because I like to follow as new Pokemon and info gets released, and another is because I actually plan my teams ahead.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    I'm assuming this in regards to spoiling oneself?

With any new Pokemon generation or version, I like to look up certain things when I can. Things like where Pokemon can be caught, where items can be found or purchased, and what the levels of the gym leader's Pokemon are. This is because I like to actually plan myself ahead with the games rather than to do a complete blind run. But as for spoilers for plot and story, I generally prefer to not spoil myself with those. Everything else I don't care if I'm spoiled on.

If you mean pre-release info however, then I generally read just about everything that is given.
    Yes, I was talking about pre-release info.

I'm going to try my best to go completely blind, not looking at hardly any more info past what we have right now. That way, everything will be a surprise. Every single new pokemon will be like magic when I encounter them :D

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

i found out nothing for 5th gen and nothing for 4th gen ethier i can recall a few google searches for 3rd gen however my memory is very bad.

I will look up the information for gen 6 however as not knowing the type of any pokemon leads to me being a noob for most the game having to constatanly look at the app on my phone to find out the typing and weakness of the pokemon, this is fun sometimes but usually very annoying.

Blog Entries

I'll probably eat up all the spoilers I can get during the pre-release period, but then try and stay away from guides and stuff when I actually play it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    I'm going to try my best to go completely blind, not looking at hardly any more info past what we have right now. That way, everything will be a surprise. Every single new pokemon will be like magic when I encounter them :D
    I'm trying to take this approach too. It's going to be difficult, but I'd love to go into a game only knowing the starters and legendaries. I managed it with Black and White, and playing through it for the first time was epic.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    I'm trying to take this approach too. It's going to be difficult, but I'd love to go into a game only knowing the starters and legendaries. I managed it with Black and White, and playing through it for the first time was epic.
    Nice. I totally spoiled myself on almost everything with Black and White. I knew every pokemon and where to catch them, every evolution, all the locations, and even some story xD But not this time around ;D
    Narcisse likes this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

since we won't have a ~6 month difference in release dates, this time, I will try to learn as little as possible about them

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

I'm going to stick my nose in every spoiler I can get my nose into, at least until October. It's nice this time around not having to wait the extra six months. Looking at my calender, though, with a few commitments I've got in the future it's shaping up to me not being able to get the game at the midnight release, which I've done for both B/W and B2/W2. I'm already really, really bummed about it but what can one do. In that case I might try to refrain spoiling myself too much after the release if I don't have the game yet.

But then again, knowing me, I won't last too long.

I'm already dying for not having new information. they hit us with this huge news and now nothing . . .

i'm the kind who loves to know everything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast