Cresselia won't ever get her own battle music? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Cresselia won't ever get her own battle music?

  1. #16

    Default Re: Cresselia won't ever get her own battle music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    At least for Cresselia and Darkrai and whoever, it makes no sense they weren't given that theme that existed in DP.
    Darkrai was given that theme (if you're referring to the one used for Heatran, Regigigas and Rotom). But it wouldn't have fit Cresselia since there is nothing ominous about her.

  2. #17
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    791

    Default Re: Cresselia won't ever get her own battle music?

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    She doesn't deserve it.
    Why not? She's only a Pokemon of sweet dreams who will cure a young boy of his horrible nightmares. :|
    She's too irrelevant. She's just a minor legendary who has no role on the main storyline of the game.

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hull, UK
    Posts
    137

    Default Re: Cresselia won't ever get her own battle music?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZACH ATTACK View Post
    It doesn't deserve its own battle music. It's nothing but an annoying hulk of a Psychic type that was used on probably 75% of VGC teams last year.
    So true. Played the downloadable PWTs? All four of the Masters have her, as do two of the Seniors and two of the Juniors. Incidentally, all of the Juniors have Tyranitar, and both Seniors without Cresselia have Latios instead.

  4. #19
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,409
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Cresselia won't ever get her own battle music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    She's too irrelevant. She's just a minor legendary who has no role on the main storyline of the game.
    Uh, she's exactly as relevant as Darkrai. They are a pair. Probably one of the strongest pairs, as you meet one right after the other.

    Not to mention it's not like the birds, the Eon duo, Heatran (pre Pt), Rotom, the genies, and half of the Event-only Pokémon aren't LESS relevant. And three of those got a special theme.

    [/overexposition]

  5. #20
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    791

    Default Re: Cresselia won't ever get her own battle music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    She's too irrelevant. She's just a minor legendary who has no role on the main storyline of the game.
    Uh, she's exactly as relevant as Darkrai. They are a pair. Probably one of the strongest pairs, as you meet one right after the other.

    Not to mention it's not like the birds, the Eon duo, Heatran (pre Pt), Rotom, the genies, and half of the Event-only Pokémon aren't LESS relevant. And three of those got a special theme.
    The level of relevancy of both Cresselia and Darkrai is the same: inexistent. The same goes to the bird trio. Any legendary that does not take part in the game's main stories are irrelevant to me. If wondering why Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres did get their own themes, ask Game Freak, I guess.

  6. #21
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,409
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Cresselia won't ever get her own battle music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    The level of relevancy of both Cresselia and Darkrai is the same: inexistent. The same goes to the bird trio. Any legendary that does not take part in the game's main stories are irrelevant to me. If wondering why Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres did get their own themes, ask Game Freak, I guess.
    ... But how relevant you find something at a personal level is... irrelevant in itself, here. This is about wondering why something in the game is the way it is.

    There IS an objective relevancy that I pointed out, on where Cresselia and Darkrai are clearly higher than other legendaries (not being outright simply given out for one; having an event instead of just showing up for another). The point of this thread IS wondering why one of such pokémon didn't get a theme while the birds got their own.

    [/overexposition]

  7. #22

    Default Re: Cresselia won't ever get her own battle music?

    The bird trio don't really have a unique theme. In FRLG they shared a remix of the Kanto wild battle theme with Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh and the beast trio, but otherwise they were given the ordinary wild battle theme (be it in Generation I, Platinum or HGSS). It's hardly much to write home about, but I'd agree that a remix is the least Game Freak should give legendaries.

    Mew's theme in Emerald is also a remix of the Kanto wild battle theme, but that one really is exclusively associated with Mew.
    Last edited by Silktree; 20th November 2012 at 03:10 PM.

  8. #23
    Metagame Hater. ZACH ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    TENNESSEE
    Posts
    330

    Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Cresselia won't ever get her own battle music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACH ATTACK View Post
    It doesn't deserve its own battle music. It's nothing but an annoying hulk of a Psychic type that was used on probably 75% of VGC teams last year.
    So true. Played the downloadable PWTs? All four of the Masters have her, as do two of the Seniors and two of the Juniors. Incidentally, all of the Juniors have Tyranitar, and both Seniors without Cresselia have Latios instead.
    I've played the juniors only so far. But oh yes, those three and/or Hitmontop were on nearly every single team last year.

    Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •