Create your own gym layout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Create your own gym layout

Default Create your own gym layout

What would be a cool, innovative puzzling gym blueprint for a new Pokemon quest?

If you were the gym leader how would your gym be set up?

Creativity is key!

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Create your own gym layout

Since I made my own Dark type Gym leader, I want a dark gym. The gym would only be found through a secret passage, and once you enter it's pitch black. The easiest way to navigate would to use flash, but I had an idea were one of the leader's pokemon could guide you through the gym if you didn't use flash. Of course, there will be annoying trainers throughout the gym, but that's why they're there, to annoy you! I was also thinking that you had to go through some agility obsticals, but i's just an idea.

My gym would of course be Water type!
    The gym would be placed in a big city. in the city there is a little lake with the gym placed in the middle of the lake! U must Use Surf to get to the Island! Within the gym U have to use surf(but is's like in the anime, u create a wave and surf ) to 4 different double battles! and than U have to battle the gym leader with 6 pokes in 3 double battle rounds!

My gym would be like Blue's gym in Gen II. No trainers or puzzles, just the gym leader. Oh, and the gym leader doesn't use a specific type. He/She uses a competitive team.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814

Dark Gym - Highly Elevated Town - Astrological Observatory - Connect Constalations to reach the gym leader (sort of like a Final Fantasy XIII-2 Paradox) - Astra - Star Badge

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar

Type: Water
    Set at a naval base, it takes place on piers above the water. Nearby warships fire water cannons at you (like the Jungle Relic's Water Challenge in Pokemon Ranger) to knock you into onto a lower catwalk, where the Gym Trainers lurk. The player must make their way through the crossfire to reach an aircraft carrier docked at the end of the pier, where the Gym Leader is waiting.

I have made many different Gyms for my own Gym Leaders, and this is one of my fave and most unique Gym:

The Gym leader is Jason, a Flying-type leader. The puzzle in the Gym is that you will have to go through some different elevators and battle trainers :D

Its an old one, so its outdated XD

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

I couldn't think of a way to discribe this so I put it in the form of a second-person narrative (a story)

You enter the large building, your loyal water type at your side. The sign post by the door said this was a rock type gym. The automatic doors let you in and close behind you. There is no turning back now. A framilliar face comes to greet you. It's the man that greets you at every pokemon gym (how he stands in 8 locations at once You still dont know) he hands you a pokeball and says, "it's dangerous to go alone, take this."
    You chuckle slightly decause of the zelda referance as he explains that the pokemon he gave you, Golem, must be used to reach the gym leader. Within the gym there are 3 trials; a rollout trial where you must guide your rolling golem through obsticles while canstantly gaining speed, a heavy slam challange where the golem uses a see-saw to catapult you towards a platform on which you must land (Note: there have been only a few injuries rusulting from this challange and even fewer fatalities), and finally protect challange golem curls into a ball and sits in the middle of a circular stadium, during this time Dwebble stationed around the circumfrence of the stadium will fire rocks in your direction in groups of 1-5 (rock blast) you need to use the golem in the middle to protect youself from getting hit by the rocks, after 2 minutes the dwebble cease fire and a crustle will fire a large bouder in your direction, by ether sidestepping or reflecting the attack off of golem you must hit all of the dwebble around the arena. (Note: Once a trial is complete I does not have to be repeated if you lose to Rick)
    once this is done you may battle the gym leader, Rick.

Rick's Pokemon: Crustle, Shuckle, Rhyperior, Carracosta, Gigalith (star pokemon) and Tyranitar

I may add more info (including pictures and stats at a later time)

Blog Entries

Dark Type gym, obviously.
    Layout? Well, it would be utterly dark, so you would only see a little area around you as you walk around...except the candles, who make their own light. The inside is more like a mansion. As you fight each trainer, they give you clues as to where the door is to get to the gym leader, who's hidden underground. You can fight up to 5 trainers, who's clues put together will definitely give you the area and certain location of where the bunny hole is hidden. [Could be in a bush, wall, behind a person, on a tree, etc.]

Blog Entries

Sand dunes that cave in for a Ground Gym. The Leader would be at the very bottom an you have to be careful where you thread, or you fall into a pit of trainers

Type: Bug
    Trainers and their Pokémon are separated by a thick, soundproof glass wall. Beyond this wall lies the dojo, where the Pokémon must fight in a room covered in spiderwebs, beehives and the like. Because trainers can't give commands, this challenge is all about trust in your Pokémon.

Type: Dragon
    The gym looks like an old castle. You need to raise the bridge to get to the Gym Leader. Their are several statues with switches in them. By turning the switches of some statues on or off, you open the bridge. There are some very though trainers who can tell you the needed state of the closest swtich. But entering the gym resets the switches and generates another code, so you'll need to battle the trainers over and over until you manage to beat all trainers and the gym leader without healing at the Pokémon Center. Or you'll need to get lucky and try all possible combinations (with 8 switches, their would be 256 combinations...).

Type: Flying
    The Gym is based in a canyon. You start at the top and need to slide down. Each slide has a trainer you battle. The trainer needs to be defeated before you reach the end of the slide, because otherwise you have no time to land safely on the platform beneath (don't worry if you fall, the trainers are glad to catch any unfortunate soul who falls of). So basicly, each slide has it's own lenght. By choosing a slide, you determine the maximum number of turns your enxt battle will have. A long slide equals a long battle.

Type: Mixed
    The gym is split in two; a light and a dark side. In the dark side you only see the trainers, not the obstacles. In the light side, you only see the obstacles and not the trainers. The path you take determines the Gym Leader you'll face (there are two of them).
    Light side: uses stat boosts to gain the upper hand.
    Dark side: uses raw power and speed.

追放されたバカ

Type:Mixed...

A giant printing press and typewriter are in the first room:By stomping(Via pushing down on the 3DS's Slide Pad) on the giant typewriter keys, you can answer a trivia question! But in order to face the 1st triple tag battle w/your rival and Dew(a prototype android Trainer, who joins you when you need your first partner)(you can make friends with other potential partners later), you need to answer 5 questions correctly in a row: Then you face the Leaders' bodyguards:West, South and North, then if you win, your party is healed, and moves on to room 2.

Room 2 has a harder puzzle...This time you have a series of seemingly endless battles with random trainers(after each, you are healed), until the screen turns solid black...then the Gym Coven of Ebonheart City:Lori, Selene, and Mina, descend from the sky, and reveal they are the leaders, in addition to being Pokémon Witches(but are of the good persuasion). They will then battle you with Misdreavus(Lori), Zorua(Selene), and Natu(Mina):Defeat them in alphabetical order in the Triple Tag Battle to win! They then teach you
    Later, the Gym Coven need to be battled at their OTHER, unofficial Gym, 6 gyms later(which has Dark Pulses, Shadow Balls, and Psyshocks being fired at you until you cross each of these moves' respectful paths, which are littered with trainers, Pokémon, and the occasional undead Trainer(who apparently got in via a weak point in the ShadowShield), in Oilbloodville *where they were born and indoctrinated as Pokémon Witches) to progress the story, as they teach the trainers how to use Webspin Wickburn(a spell which sticks opponents in a burning web for the whole battle) and Pokémon in your party how to use Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, and Psyshock! (Which advance the plot in my Pokémon:The Coven game)

Now with added 'y' MajesticRayquaza's Avatar

Type: Psychic

It would be a bit like the Hearthome Gym with the pressure pads however the gym leader's platform would move and attach to other platforms so you'd have to catch it quick.

My Gyms would be based not on Types but on weather Conditions...

Each room you face a Trainer, in a different stadium, that triggers the "pernement" weather by Itself, without the need for the Move or for the ability to trigger it. The gym is built on the remains of the weather insitute in Hoenn.

There is a way to avoid face the trainers however. In each room, there are three statues. Two pokemon that work well in that area, but one which will work best, due to haveing an Ability linked to it. For example. The The Rain Room, There is a Satue of Garados, Ludicolo and Milotic. Presing the botton on Ludicolo will allow you to progess un hindered, but pressing the other bottons will start the Rain, and a person (Hidden in a puddle) will be revealed and challange you.

Room 1: Rain

Polywrath
    Seasmi Toad
    Toxicroak
    Castform

Room 2: Sunshine

Cherrim
    Victribell
    Arcanine
    Castform

Room 3: Hail

Vanilluxe
    Glaceon
    Beartic
    Castform

Room 4 :Sandstorm

Exadrill
    Gilscor
    Gigalith
    Castform

Room 5 (Gym Leader) Trick Room

Shuckle
    Slowking
    Snorlax
    Druddigon (I Leave Haxorus/Hydreigon for the Dragon Gyms)

Gym Leaders
    Ground - F - Tilly - Farmer - Soil Badge - Farm
    Bug - F - Aphidora - Ant Collector - Exo Badge - Excavation Site
    Steel - M - Oralie - Bank Owner - Coin Badge - Bank
    Dark - F - Astra - Astronomer - Star Badge - Planitarium
    Poison - M - Oielander - Venom Badge - Laboratory
    Various - F - Journey - Spectrum Badge - Bio Dome

Water - F - Marina - Forewomen - Hydro Badge - Dam
    Electric - F - Jupiter - Scientist - Battary Badge - Power Plant
    Fire - F - Sera - Young Girl - Flame Badge - Lumber Yard
    Ice - M - Wynter - Meteorologist - Snowflake Badge - Weather Observatory