CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion) - Page 99

Page 99 of 249 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3730
Like Tree2145Likes

Thread: CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    And with the 3DS supporting DLC we might me able to get brand new Pokemon within the same generation rather than looking into the game's code and already knowing everything.
    Wouldn't that cause problems if a non-updated cartridge was facing another cartridge that was updated and sends out a new Pokemon that the other's cartridge doesn't have? Forgive me if I'm wrong with the workings of DLC, but I imagine that causing a crash.
    In cases like this, games usually force the player to update to play online, or you'll be prompted to update when you connect to Wifi. Mario Kart did it with the Maka Wuhu glitch.
    And in the case where the player cannot update? Battles and trades can also be done wirelessly with two DS's, not just wifi. I guess a crash would be inevitable then...
    The 3ds like its predecessor is capable of download play so it is very posible for the system to send small temporary packets of data from one system to the next. It'd be for the battle and that's it, which is very do-able. But as for online play I have to agree with previous posters, you should have to update in order to play. It's a standard featur on all online games already.

As for you man, I think you need to just bite the bullet and buy a wireless router ;)
    It's pretty much a standard set of equipment in the majority of homes at this point. As standard as Internet I'd say. And though there are still people with out Internet, most of them really don't care. And I'd say nintendo are targeting the majority on this issue rather then the minority. Other wise they'd have put a Ethernet jack on the 3ds.

Finally as for custimization. I don't think skin color should ever be changeable. Though one could make the argument that being out in the sun all day or running around all the time would tan your skin/resize your waist, I think it'd just be to silly to make sense of in game. Some how a plastic surgeon just doesn't fit well in the world. And it hasn't really been done in any other game. Honestly though I'm prob one of the biggest believers a character creator is coming, I still think well be lucky to get one. So just choose carefully when creating for skin and weight lol.
    I wouldn't know for sure, however, I believe most households that do not currently have internet, or wifi, is due to that household not being able to afford to. If that is the case, chances are most of those households wouldn't be spending the money on gaming consoles and video games anyway. Of course, there would be those few that have no wifi and still own Pokemon games, however, I'd assume that is pretty small, and as each Pokemon generation grows bigger and better, wifi will become more and more important in regards to capabilities and features within each generation, which means GameFreak is unable to keep those small few people in mind while creating their games.

In regards to changeable skin colour. I see no reason why plastic surgeons need to be part of the Pokemon world. Changing your appearance isn't going to have any kind of effect on gameplay, besides your aesthetic looks. Dragon Quest IX comes to my mind as an example of a game where you are able to change your appearance, including skin colour, many times. I see no reason why Pokemon cannot do the same thing, no in game explanation is necessary.

Visit Kwame120's Youtube Channel

And with the 3DS supporting DLC we might me able to get brand new Pokemon within the same generation rather than looking into the game's code and already knowing everything.
    Wouldn't that cause problems if a non-updated cartridge was facing another cartridge that was updated and sends out a new Pokemon that the other's cartridge doesn't have? Forgive me if I'm wrong with the workings of DLC, but I imagine that causing a crash.
    In cases like this, games usually force the player to update to play online, or you'll be prompted to update when you connect to Wifi. Mario Kart did it with the Maka Wuhu glitch.
    And in the case where the player cannot update? Battles and trades can also be done wirelessly with two DS's, not just wifi. I guess a crash would be inevitable then...
    The 3ds like its predecessor is capable of download play so it is very posible for the system to send small temporary packets of data from one system to the next. It'd be for the battle and that's it, which is very do-able. But as for online play I have to agree with previous posters, you should have to update in order to play. It's a standard featur on all online games already.

As for you man, I think you need to just bite the bullet and buy a wireless router ;)
    It's pretty much a standard set of equipment in the majority of homes at this point. As standard as Internet I'd say. And though there are still people with out Internet, most of them really don't care. And I'd say nintendo are targeting the majority on this issue rather then the minority. Other wise they'd have put a Ethernet jack on the 3ds.

Finally as for custimization. I don't think skin color should ever be changeable. Though one could make the argument that being out in the sun all day or running around all the time would tan your skin/resize your waist, I think it'd just be to silly to make sense of in game. Some how a plastic surgeon just doesn't fit well in the world. And it hasn't really been done in any other game. Honestly though I'm prob one of the biggest believers a character creator is coming, I still think well be lucky to get one. So just choose carefully when creating for skin and weight lol.
    Adding to the DLC discussion, I'm pretty sure most if not all Pokémon players will have access to wifi somewhere, be it a friend's house, library, restaurant or even the shop they bought it from. If worse comes to worst, then additional DLC that would mess up friends battling could also be distributed through retailers. Plus, with download play then the older game could be updated when battling with an updated game, or the game could only allow Pokémon from the oldest edition of the game that either player has.

So, um, not to go off topic or anything, but back to CoroCoro xD

Is anyone expecting anything good in the upcoming May issue? Perhaps a new poke or 2, or at least region info? Or do you believe we'll have another small news drought until summer like we did between Sylveon and Mewthree?

It kills me that there are over 100 new pokemon and we know practically jack shit so far. Ah, the agonising pre-release period! ;_;

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post

Is anyone expecting anything good in the upcoming May issue? Perhaps a new poke or 2, or at least region info? Or do you believe we'll have another small news drought until summer like we did between Sylveon and Mewthree?

It kills me that there are over 100 new pokemon and we know practically jack shit so far. Ah, the agonising pre-release period! ;_;
    I sincerely hope we'll be receiving some new information next month. I would appreciate knowing the type of Sylveon already, along with the announcement of a new Pokemon or two.

Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post

Honestly I think we're over due. And with the stupid scramble/rumble/waste of magazine space coming out this week they'll prob want to use that space for something everyone's interested in. By past gens standards (which is not necessarily something to hold accountable as far patterns. Usually in may they show off regions, characters, and box art a few times.

But idk also. Masuda tweeted a week ago he would be on smash in may. They may(heh) do the big announcement on smash again and let coro coro recap like this month.

Blog Entries

Sorry, but while I would like to, I cannot for certain reasons. Not going to bother to explain why, but it's just the way things are.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

Didn't FrLg hold the Berry Glitch update? And weren't we able to mix records in RSE? Didn't the Wonder cards have a capacity to be transferred between games (even though they never used it :/)? Why not just make it so that updated games can send the patch to cartridges that haven't updated?

Blog Entries

Because like everyone else said, it'd just be easier to do it over wifi because the majority of people have that?

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Seeing as this month's CoroCoro has come and gone and the discussion here has steered a bit off-topic, the staff has decided to close this for now. If you want to continue to discuss the various topics concerning the upcoming games, there are numerous other threads here to check out.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

So now that May is here, CoroCoro is released in 10 days, we might actually get something this month, what does everyone think we might get? I hope for some region info finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    So now that May is here, CoroCoro is released in 10 days, we might actually get something this month, what does everyone think we might get? I hope for some region info finally.
    No joke, man. I'm waiting for info on the ACTUAL game itself. Getting really tired of them showcasing that new Eeveelution and Mewtwo forme and treating it like its big news. How about a tease at an actually new (and probably common) monster or a tease at an in-game specific locale or something and over-bloating the hype for it?

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I hope, but don't expect, Sylveon's type will be revealed so all the speculation can come to an end. That's really all I care about.
    Silverwynde likes this.

OOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't wait ! This should finally be a "good" information filled issue.

Hopefully it leaks early on! We need information cause this is getting pretty bland!

I actually want news that isn't about the Pokemon. Stuff like the region, features, the battle interface, more of the over world, etc. But really, after March and April barely having shit I'll take anything.

Zeb
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Sylveon, Xerneas and Yveltal's typings would be sweet. We've waited four months for the latter two and three for Sylveon so it's about time they sorted their act out; it's not fun anymore.

LinkBacks (?)