CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion) - Page 98

Page 98 of 249 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3730
Like Tree2145Likes

Thread: CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Problem with that line of thinking, though while DLC expansion is certainly great of an idea, is that not everyone has access to wifi, and thus have no access to DLC.

I happen to be one of those people.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    i dont think that will happen. i dont want that to happen. im content with sequels/third version. thats how its always been and i want it to stay that way. plus im a collector and plus the same game for 4 yeas i dont thank that will end well
    I said nothing about XY being the only games of their generation. The main reason I support DLC expansions is that they would allow Game Freak to release other games without rehashed content. The sequels were a (slight) departure from the third version formula, but they shouldn't stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Problem with that line of thinking, though while DLC expansion is certainly great of an idea, is that not everyone has access to wifi, and thus have no access to DLC.

But is that really a problem? You'd have to go to a store to buy a new game, right? Then why not go to a store or any number of other places to get Wi-Fi access?
    Last edited by Silktree; 17th April 2013 at 12:43 AM.

I'm one of those rare people who like dlc, but not in excess. And honestly I think nintendo has handled dlc pretty well to date. All the dlc available for fire emblem or mystery dungeon is just extras. As dlc should be. I do think event Pokemon should still exist, as opposed to paid dlc, but say there is character customizing or something. Costumes, and new areas to catch past generation Pokemon would be pretty cool

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    i dont think that will happen. i dont want that to happen. im content with sequels/third version. thats how its always been and i want it to stay that way. plus im a collector and plus the same game for 4 yeas i dont thank that will end well
    I said nothing about XY being the only games of their generation. The main reason I support DLC expansions is that they would allow Game Freak to release other games without rehashed content. The sequels were a (slight) departure from the third version formula, but they shouldn't stop there.

But is that really a problem? You'd have to go to a store to buy a new game, right? Then why not to go to a store or any number of other places to get Wi-Fi access?
    Because the wifi in our city seems crap. I once went to the local market, which had a Starbucks in it, to try to connect to wifi and it wouldn't let me access. At either rate, I don't find the idea very convenient.

Blog Entries

Because the wifi in our city seems crap. I once went to the local market, which had a Starbucks in it, to try to connect to wifi and it wouldn't let me access. At either rate, I don't find the idea very convenient.
    Sometimes the wifi needs an additional log-in using a browser. I know the public libraries take you to a page to confirm you accept their terms before use before you can actually use the wifi.

Either way, you live in Canada? Why not just buy a wireless router considering the 3DS is a lot better with using WPA keys than the DS.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

I would find it quite interesting to see extra DLC features in Pokemon X and Y. I believe it could be quite entertaining to have downloadable extras this generation.
    NoirGrimoir likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    I would find it quite interesting to see extra DLC features in Pokemon X and Y. I believe it could be quite entertaining to have downloadable extras this generation.
    Me too. If there really is trainer customization they can include more customizing options via DLC. And with the 3DS supporting DLC we might me able to get brand new Pokemon within the same generation rather than looking into the game's code and already knowing everything.
    NoirGrimoir and Ange like this.

Blog Entries

Downloadable content would be awesome! I think it would be great for the longevity of the game as well. Competitive battling helps a lot of people stay interested in the game after finishing the main storyline, but not everyone is big into the competitive battling, especially new comers to the game, so DLC could keep adding new events or maps to keep things alive until the next installments in the franchise. Though I was actually pleasantly shocked by how fast they brought out BW2 and XY, so it might not be as long as you think until the next game, whatever it is.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Me too. If there really is trainer customization they can include more customizing options via DLC. And with the 3DS supporting DLC we might me able to get brand new Pokemon within the same generation rather than looking into the game's code and already knowing everything.
    I think character customisation would suit this games even better, if they release extra clothing items/hairstyles etc. over DLC to purchase. It's exciting to think of the possibility of character customisation, being able to select hair style/colour, eye colour, skin colour and clothing, and then have even more options available to us with the DLC feature. Character customisation would help make our characters even more personalised, and I hope GameFreak has plans on having this feature.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

I think character customisation would suit this games even better, if they release extra clothing items/hairstyles etc. over DLC to purchase. It's exciting to think of the possibility of character customisation, being able to select hair style/colour, eye colour, skin colour and clothing, and then have even more options available to us with the DLC feature. Character customisation would help make our characters even more personalised, and I hope GameFreak has plans on having this feature.
    For consistancy reasons, I'd prefer some character features, like skin color, weight and height to be unchangeable once you set them at the start of the game. Changing from a tall, skinny light skinned boy into a plump, short black guy midgame would make no sesnse. Other than that, I think it's perfect to get hairdos and attires via DLC.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

And with the 3DS supporting DLC we might me able to get brand new Pokemon within the same generation rather than looking into the game's code and already knowing everything.
    Wouldn't that cause problems if a non-updated cartridge was facing another cartridge that was updated and sends out a new Pokemon that the other's cartridge doesn't have? Forgive me if I'm wrong with the workings of DLC, but I imagine that causing a crash.

And with the 3DS supporting DLC we might me able to get brand new Pokemon within the same generation rather than looking into the game's code and already knowing everything.
    Wouldn't that cause problems if a non-updated cartridge was facing another cartridge that was updated and sends out a new Pokemon that the other's cartridge doesn't have? Forgive me if I'm wrong with the workings of DLC, but I imagine that causing a crash.
    In cases like this, games usually force the player to update to play online, or you'll be prompted to update when you connect to Wifi. Mario Kart did it with the Maka Wuhu glitch.

Blog Entries

In cases like this, games usually force the player to update to play online, or you'll be prompted to update when you connect to Wifi. Mario Kart did it with the Maka Wuhu glitch.
    And in the case where the player cannot update? Battles and trades can also be done wirelessly with two DS's, not just wifi. I guess a crash would be inevitable then...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    For consistancy reasons, I'd prefer some character features, like skin color, weight and height to be unchangeable once you set them at the start of the game. Changing from a tall, skinny light skinned boy into a plump, short black guy midgame would make no sesnse. Other than that, I think it's perfect to get hairdos and attires via DLC.
    The skin colour I can understand, however, the weight doesn't need to be non changeable. If a larger trainer was walking/riding around the entire region, chances are they'd lose a lot of weight anyway. I don't think any features should be non changeable, if you changed your skin colour or other features, you can easily pretend that's what your character looked like all along, there's no reason for it to seem weird. The main problem would be if skin colour was a feature you could change, would they have to force that to be non changeable?? The main reason would be because of your mother, unless they find a way to change your mother's skin colour to match yours, or the game could recognise your appearance is taken after your father. If they allow complete character customisation, I am sure GameFreak will findaway to smooth it out and make it all fit in well.

And in the case where the player cannot update? Battles and trades can also be done wirelessly with two DS's, not just wifi. I guess a crash would be inevitable then...
    The 3ds like its predecessor is capable of download play so it is very posible for the system to send small temporary packets of data from one system to the next. It'd be for the battle and that's it, which is very do-able. But as for online play I have to agree with previous posters, you should have to update in order to play. It's a standard featur on all online games already.

As for you man, I think you need to just bite the bullet and buy a wireless router ;)
    It's pretty much a standard set of equipment in the majority of homes at this point. As standard as Internet I'd say. And though there are still people with out Internet, most of them really don't care. And I'd say nintendo are targeting the majority on this issue rather then the minority. Other wise they'd have put a Ethernet jack on the 3ds.

Finally as for custimization. I don't think skin color should ever be changeable. Though one could make the argument that being out in the sun all day or running around all the time would tan your skin/resize your waist, I think it'd just be to silly to make sense of in game. Some how a plastic surgeon just doesn't fit well in the world. And it hasn't really been done in any other game. Honestly though I'm prob one of the biggest believers a character creator is coming, I still think well be lucky to get one. So just choose carefully when creating for skin and weight lol.

LinkBacks (?)