CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion) - Page 90

Page 90 of 249 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3730
Like Tree2145Likes

Thread: CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Why do a lot of people assume this movie is based on Gen 6?? To me the only thing this movie has regarding gen 6 is the New Mewtwo, and although I haven't seen many of the later Pokemon movies, I know that a lot of Pokemon movies feature one, maybe two pokemon, from the next generation. Not to mention this movie is released in Japan around 3 months before the games are released. Bulbapedia even mentions it is the third movie in the 'best wishes series.' I also sincerely doubt that a Pokemon movie that is suppose to be set in generation 6, would be released before the gen 6 games would be.
    You do realize that there is always one movie released soon before the games that always contains at least one next Generation Pokemon, pretty much always the star of the movie, that is always part of the current anime series, right?

Movie 5 (starring the Latis) was a part of the original anime series, and came out months before Ruby and Sapphire.
    Both Movie 8 and 9 (starring Lucario and Manaphy, respectively) were part of the Advanced Series, and Movie 8 came out over a year before Diamond and Pearl.
    Movie 13 (starring Zoroark) was part of the Diamond and Pearl series, and came out months before Black and White.

It being in the previous generations anime series means nothing. It's still set in the sixth generation, like its predecessors were set in their upcoming generation.
    Iris and Cilan will still be there. Mostly Unovan Pokemon will be in it. It's set in Unova.

Even though it has one Pokemon from the next generation, it's not a Generation 6 movie. When the new anime for Pokemon X and Y come out, and a movie is made with the new characters and set in the new region with mostly Gen 6 Pokemon, it'll be a Gen 6 movie.

I'm not hoping for much from CoroCoro. I think it's because of Pokemon Smash. I have a small hope that they're just making us not expecting much and then giving something good, like the region, but not much faith is left in me.
    But that's exactly what they want me to think. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    Staying away from the movie discussion, doesn't CoroCoro release on the 15th? How soon should we expect any leaks? I feel like the later the issue leaks the less information is in there. I'm not expecting anything more than what Smash revealed.
    Funny how people seem to forget the whole topic of the forum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    Staying away from the movie discussion, doesn't CoroCoro release on the 15th? How soon should we expect any leaks? I feel like the later the issue leaks the less information is in there. I'm not expecting anything more than what Smash revealed.
    The content of the issue has no bearing on when the leak occurs. January's issue that had nothing but Xerneas/Yveltal art leaked on the 11th, but last year's April issue that had a massive BW2 info blowout was leaked on the 13th. It all depends on whether or not someone has access to a copy and is willing to take pictures.
    One note: the Febraury issue (who is released on January) leaked 4 days prior because it was a Friday and we have a Sunday and a happy Monday. If certain day is holiday CoroCoro will leak it before.

CoroCoro isn't gotten anymore on the 9th or 10th because they attempt to distribute the magazine with a maximum of two days of leaking. I fully expect today information on CoroCoro because it's the second last day before it's fully released.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

At the least we're getting something on the new Mewtwo forme, as its on its cover. Hopefully its the event and its name.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    At the least we're getting something on the new Mewtwo forme, as its on its cover. Hopefully its the event and its name.
    Got a pic?

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

They already updated the site this month; I can't see them doing it again a week later. So I don't think we'll be getting any new information.

@Kojo;

Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzle View Post
    They already updated the site this month; I can't see them doing it again a week later. So I don't think we'll be getting any new information.
    They said that the trailer set to air on the 18th would reveal more information about the Mewtwo mystery. They'll update the website sooner rather than later.

Visit Scarftail's Youtube Channel

Interesting. Where'd you get that image?
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarftail View Post
    Interesting. Where'd you get that image?
    I think it's from japanese amazon. (:

Hopefully we will get some minor information about Newtwo and his type.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As far as XY coverage goes, the CoroCoro cover scan only has information about the new pokemon/form that was just revealed a few days ago. I'm not expecting much game news from this issue, not even the pokemon's "name."

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The good part of expecting nothing is that either you find you're right, or get a nice surprise.

So I choose not expecting anything. At best, the name of NewTwo and if it's a new Pokémon or just a new forme. And only because there's a small image at the cover.

BTW, people tend to forget CoroCoro is a manga/anime/games magazine and NOT a Pokémon magazine. So, Pokémon can get a special edition, a couple of pages, a little square at the corner or nothing at all.
    Isamu Akai and Isaac Gravity like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    They said that the trailer set to air on the 18th would reveal more information about the Mewtwo mystery. They'll update the website sooner rather than later.
    There's a trailer coming out next week? Is this for the movie? How'd I miss this info??

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    There's a trailer coming out next week? Is this for the movie? How'd I miss this info??
    Yeah, it's a trailer for the next movie. I believe that they announced it shortly after they revealed Newtwo on Pokemon Smash.

The fact that NewTwo is only a small part of the cover does make me worry that there's not much news again. It wouldn't surprise me, but it still would be kind of disappointing, although perhaps not as much when I'm not too excited for this issue like I have for the last couple of issues. Hopefully, there are a couple of pages for new information on Newtwo, especially when the trailer will confirm if it a new Pokemon or an alternate form for Mewtwo, but I'm not expecting a lot at this point.

Blog Entries

I'll be content even if it's just a confirmation of whether it's new or just a forme. So long as it isn't a recap of what Smash already had to say. But really, anything's better than the last issue.

I'm not getting my hopes up either way. If it isn't related to the movie in any way, chances are, they won't talk about it until later on in the year.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I think it's safe to assume we aren't getting anything groundbreaking. Duel Masters and a few other anime/manga pages of this issue have already leaked, and even if the people taking with issues aren't pokemon fans, I'm sure we would have heard something by now if anything huge were in it.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty doggone sure we got big loads of info BEFORE a movie release for the other developments. I guess that means I HAVE to do the research that no one else is willing to do.

Archive for D/P's development the year of it's release.

B/W's dev period

Looking in both, there was indeed a lull around this point in time for both dev periods, but May is definitely when info starts getting going. Now will you please stop insisting that the movie clogs up the info?
    El_ likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

LinkBacks (?)