CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion) - Page 86

Page 86 of 249 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3730
Like Tree2145Likes

Thread: CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Venator basically took the words right out of my mouth. What if they're merely withholding the typing info because they don't want to spoil the damn movie?

The only reason we got Sylveon and New Mew is because they tie into the movie. If they had nothing to do with it, then they wouldn't have shown them this early.
    Codface likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    How long did it take for them to reveal Reshiram and Zekrom's typing again? The same "omg it must be a new type" speculation was there when they intentionally hid those types.
    Two weeks. And even before that Shokotan had leaked Zekrom's Electric type.

Also, while not a legendary, Sylveon is the star of a movie short and, likely, her typing probably has a lot to do with the plot of the short.
    I don't know what makes you think that the type is so relevant to the plot, especially if you don't expect it to be anything special. But this is about the time that they should start promoting the movie and the short at full force. We're getting the first chapter of the manga adaptation.

It's not been two months yet, and there's a first time for everything because Troll Freak.
    The question is directed at the fans who seem to be sure that CoroCoro won't reveal the type even now. If that ends up being the case, we may very well have to wait at least one more month. Also, it has already been three months in Xerneas and Yveltal's case.
    The_Doctor likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Venator basically took the words right out of my mouth. What if they're merely withholding the typing info because they don't want to spoil the damn movie?

The only reason we got Sylveon and New Mew is because they tie into the movie. If they had nothing to do with it, then they wouldn't have shown them this early.
    Oh really, will the new starters be in the movie too?

The things are connected to it, but it doesn't mean they shown them only because of that. Nobody knew those new pokemon will be in the movie, so the reveals were still appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    They've kept details like type a secret for a significant period of time before, so I don't think that keeping Sylveon's type a secret necessarily means that it's a brand new type.
    Not for more than two months. They've also never made a point of saying that the type is a secret.
    If I remember correctly, Zekrom and Reshiram's types were kept secret for quite a while too, up to the point of forcing Shōko Nakagawa to delete a blog entry of hers in which she hinted towards the typing of the BW's mascots.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    If I remember correctly, Zekrom and Reshiram's types were kept secret for quite a while too, up to the point of forcing Shōko Nakagawa to delete a blog entry of hers in which she hinted towards the typing of the BW's mascots.
    As I wrote in my last post, it only took two weeks. Shokotan revealed Zekrom's Electric type just three days after the initial reveal of the mascots.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Two weeks. And even before that Shokotan had leaked Zekrom's Electric type.
    It just goes to show that overeager fans will automatically assume "omg it must be a new type" regardless of time frame. Sylveon is not any different.

I don't know what makes you think that the type is so relevant to the plot, especially if you don't expect it to be anything special.
    I don't think what to be anything special? The movie short? The type? I don't recall saying anything along those lines...

I think that the typing is relevant to the plot for simple reasons: Story is about all Eeveelutions (likely centering on Sylveon since it's new), main quirk about Eeveelutions is their typing, and I'm a fan and speculation is in my nature.

But this is about the time that they should start promoting the movie and the short at full force. We're getting the first chapter of the manga adaptation.

The question is directed at the fans who seem to be sure that CoroCoro won't reveal the type even now. If that ends up being the case, we may very well have to wait at least one more month.
    You can't say with certainty what we are going to be getting in CoroCoro, so those who are saying that there is a good chance that Sylveon's typing will not be revealed are just exercising their skepticism.

It would be nice to get Sylveon's typing, but there is no reason to expect it. The most likely thing to be shown is, ofcourse, "Elcair forme".

Also, it has already been three months in Xerneas and Yveltal's case.
    Gotta love Troll Freak.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I dont expect to see any type reveals in the already revealed Pokemon, I think they will remain a secret. I think we're just getting Mewtwo's new forme shown in the magazine and not anything else for X and Y.

Blog Entries

That we got ANYTHING this month is good to me. April has always been a tossup depending on when they want to bring focus off of whatever spinoff is being released at the time. (Note this observation only pertains to new gens and I have no idea if it applies to additional games within a gen) Since they're having to cover the release of Rumble U, I don't expect much, although this recent reveal does leave at least a small window for info to occur in, although it pretty much depends on if they want to. I wager most of what they'll say will be in relation to the movie, which I will be interested in seeing, as it could help clear up what their intentions with this is. (although that this thing REPLACED Mewtwo on the poster is very telling) May is always the exciting time for us, and I expect no different this time. Like all developments, though, this has shown it's own identity, and thus there is some amount of unpredictability in that.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Bolded for emphasis, since you didn't understand a lick of what Isamu said.

The things are connected to it, but it doesn't mean they shown them only because of that. Nobody knew those new pokemon will be in the movie, so the reveals were still appreciated.
    "Noboby knew those new pokemon" would be in the movie until they were announced to be in the movie which, shockingly enough, was when they were revealed, which, in other words, means we've known they will be in the movie since we've known of their existence.

"Those new pokemon" being Sylveon and "Eclar forme".

They may not have been revealed solely for the movie, but it's glaringly obvious that a major reason for their revealing was the movie.
    Isamu Akai and Hidden Mew like this.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    They may not have been revealed solely for the movie, but it's glaringly obvious that a major reason for their revealing was the movie.
    You admit it yourself. So what if they were, and it wasn't obvious at all that Sylveon will be in the movie. The new mewtwo alike is obvious only because of it's poster appearance. If the new starters and legendaries were announced to appear in the movie too, you would also say they were revealed for that purpose? It's the same as saying that.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 9th April 2013 at 03:01 PM.

Blog Entries

You admit it yourself.
    I admit it because I cannot read minds and do not know every single reason why Game Freak decided to reveal Sylveon and Newtwo, other than to build up hype for the game and the upcoming movie.

So what if they were, and it wasn't obvious at all that Sylveon will be in the movie.
    In the movie itself? No.

In the short that comes minutes before the movie? Glaringly obvious on the day we learned of its existence.

The new mewtwo alike is obvious only because of it's poster appearance.
    And the announcement of the new movie trailer that is going to premiere on the 18th, starring Mewtwo and Newtwo, which happened within hours of Newtwo's appearance on Pokemon Smash.

If the new starters and legendaries were announced to appear in the movie too, you would also say they were revealed for that purpose? It's the same as saying that.
    Maybe I would, but that would take them being announced to premiere in the movie, a trait that they lack and that Sylveon and Newtwo have.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the new starters and legendaries were announced to appear in the movie too, you would also say they were revealed for that purpose? It's the same as saying that.
    Not necessarily. The new starters and legendaries serve as mascots for their generation, playing a major role in pretty much everything related to the franchise (game, anime, manga, toys, marketing) during that generation. It should not be surprising that they are among the first Pokemon revealed.

Everything else they've revealed so far is, as Venator says, primarily done for marketing the 16th movie and corresponding short.

Hm... with that in mind, I think I can predict what the next reveal might be. Anyone else find it suspicious that Sableye plays a significant role in the movie?

Blog Entries

Because Sylveon and New Mew is still tied to XY, obviously. It makes sense for them to actually announce the new Gen, then announce the new Gen stuff that is tied to the movie.

However it still stands that they're part of the movie, which is currently the main focus. Yes, even over XY. Regardless, they still only revealed them because of the movie.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Hm... with that in mind, I think I can predict what the next reveal might be. Anyone else find it suspicious that Sableye plays a significant role in the movie?
    I'd put $50 on that prediction!

So since the other new Pokémon revealed so far are movie related, when do you guys think we'll get other game-related information like the map and the characters?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I say not this month, assuming May is when we start getting more info, we may get something like that next month or maybe once the movie hype dies down, which won't be for a while.

LinkBacks (?)