CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion) - Page 82

Page 82 of 249 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3730
Like Tree2145Likes

Thread: CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

  1. #1216
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,019
    Blog Entries
    340

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    CoroCoro is way more than just Pokemon, though. There's comics, promo cards, etc. Kids who actually bought it in Japan were probably more or less satisfied since I doubt they'd specifically go out and buy a big magazine for information that'd be shared across the net the same day of release.

  2. #1217
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,394
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    No, you mean that Texas and Florida aren't close to real-life New York...there's no reason that a region based off one of them couldn't be close enough to Unova.
    You mean like how Hoenn and Sinnoh were close to Kanto and Johto? Game Freak like to get their geography right.

    I just think we got 4 good regions based off Japan, and Game Freak seems interested in expanding the Pokemon World to locations based on non-Japanese locales, why would they suddenly switch back to Japan? I find it far more likely, if they go the "mini-region" route, they'd go for a non-Japanese locale. It could even be, taking into account if Region VI is simply based off France, another nearby European country, such as Germany, or Italy.
    Because the games would be the alternative to remakes rather than a new generation. Unova doesn't need to be revisited, directly or indirectly, after just one generation.

  3. #1218
    Registered User Ninja-Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    No, you mean that Texas and Florida aren't close to real-life New York...there's no reason that a region based off one of them couldn't be close enough to Unova.
    You mean like how Hoenn and Sinnoh were close to Kanto and Johto? Game Freak like to get their geography right.

    I just think we got 4 good regions based off Japan, and Game Freak seems interested in expanding the Pokemon World to locations based on non-Japanese locales, why would they suddenly switch back to Japan? I find it far more likely, if they go the "mini-region" route, they'd go for a non-Japanese locale. It could even be, taking into account if Region VI is simply based off France, another nearby European country, such as Germany, or Italy.
    Because the games would be the alternative to remakes rather than a new generation. Unova doesn't need to be revisited, directly or indirectly, after just one generation.
    Yah I'd be a little bummed if unova didn't spread out into a landmass that looked identical to the U.S. granted it doesn't mean it's improbable, they could just introduce a region that's south or west of unova. I personally think California up to Washington would make an amazing region based on culture and locales.

    Also personally I don't care about dlc, it really makes no difference to me. For like the legendary distribution I already have to spend around $4 driving out to GameStop to get it. So a $2.99 dlc purchase would be a discount for me ;)

  4. #1219
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,019
    Blog Entries
    340

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    You mean like how Hoenn and Sinnoh were close to Kanto and Johto? Game Freak like to get their geography right.
    Texas and Florida are part of the same land-mass as New York in real life, that's what I consider close enough that they could introduce them as being nearby cultural neighbors to Unova. I don't see why this mini-region (which you made up, so there's no strict rules for what it has to involve) has to be RIGHT NEXT to a pre-existing Region.

    Because the games would be the alternative to remakes rather than a new generation. Unova doesn't need to be revisited, directly or indirectly, after just one generation.
    But after around 13 or so years of Japanese Regions, including four visits to Kanto and two to Johto, we don't need to head back to the Japanese Regions either.

    I know exactly where you're heading with this speculation, how the Gen VI Region is going to tie into your long-talked about "Sinjoh Ruins" Region, which doesn't make sense because, A, why would they link a European-inspired region with a Japanese one and, B, GameFreak hasn't acknowledged that locale outside of the Arceus Event and I don't think they ever will. And frankly, I couldn't care less.

  5. #1220
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,394
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    why would they link a European-inspired region with a Japanese one
    The games wouldn't be sequels to XY, so that's a moot point. Plus, I've seen you speculate about the France-based being connected to Unova. Hypocrisy much?

    and, B, GameFreak hasn't acknowledged that locale outside of the Arceus Event and I don't think they ever will. And frankly, I couldn't care less.
    And I couldn't care less about American regions that haven't been referenced whatsoever.

  6. #1221
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,019
    Blog Entries
    340

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    The games wouldn't be sequels to XY, so that's a moot point. Plus, I've seen you speculate about the France-based being connected to Unova. Hypocrisy much?
    Because we're actually getting games taking place in France (and possibly more of Europe) that likely will serve as a Gen II to Unova's Gen I? I didn't just make that up off the top of my head, it's actually a pretty common idea among the fandom. There's also the fact that Unova, which as you say Gamefreak pays attention to geography, is right across the pond from a European Region and in real life Western America was heavily inspired by European immigration more so than Japanese immigration? There's also no proof that these "games" (which don't exist anywhere outside of your own speculation) wouldn't serve as a sequel to XY, so I'm not sure where the hypocrisy lies here.

  7. #1222
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,394
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Because we're actually getting games taking place in France (and possibly more of Europe) that likely will serve as a Gen II to Unova's Gen I?
    I'm afraid you're a bit confused there. There is nothing particularly likely about a France-based region being to Unova as Johto was to Kanto.

    I didn't just make that up off the top of my head, it's actually a pretty common idea among the fandom.
    So a bunch of people made it up off the top of their heads. I'm impressed.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

  8. #1223
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,819
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    For the record, I'm pretty sure B2W2 are supposed to be the "gen II" to BW's "gen I". Almost entirely sure, actually.

  9. #1224
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,019
    Blog Entries
    340

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    So, wait, what I'm suggesting is unlikely to happen, but what you're literally making up on the spot is that more likely? I know you like to come into every topic with your mind completely set on how you want things to play out and are so rigid with your speculation that you're unwilling to compromise, but I wish you'd actually offer up evidence or criticism for once when it comes to other people's ideas that don't solely rely on the fact they contradict with your personal canon. My idea isn't that out of the realm of question, and I don't mean we're going to necessarily revisit Unova, nor do I want that, just that we may see certain elements of Black and White being expanded in X and Y, and I find it interesting that we see quite a large amount of Unova Pokemon, including the regional rat and the Elemental Monkeys (well, one of them, but the others are likely in along with it) in the initial preview.

    You haven't given one solid reason as to why you think we'll return to a Japanese Region other than the fact that, well, in your mind it makes sense. Game Freak are clearly moving on to other Countries when it comes to regions as Unova and now Region VI clearly show, likely to go hand-in-hand with the fact the games themselves are becoming increasingly global due to advanced Wi-Fi capabilities and now a simultaneous worldwide release, that I find it incredibly bizarre to think that they'd randomly, within the same generation, jump back to a new Japanese-inspired Region.

    I would like to see them create a New Region within the same Generation, as before the complete details on Black 2 and White 2 were released I was honestly hoping they'd carry out the Team Plasma plotline in a Britain-based Region since it would fit quite well with the whole "King" motif going on with N and the general European feel of Team Plasma, and use that as the location for a sequel as opposed to rehashing the original Region like they ended up doing, but returning to a Japanese Region is something I don't want to see. There are hundreds of potential candidates to inspire a Pokemon Region, and I would be quite disappointed if Game Freak decided to go with yet another Japanese Region.
    Last edited by Garren; 15th March 2013 at 03:51 PM.

  10. #1225
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,394
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    So, wait, what I'm suggesting is unlikely to happen, but what you're literally making up on the spot is that more likely?
    I didn't say that. This entire discussion started with my suggestion that Game Freak could reserve some batch of Pokémon for a later release in this generation, which would be warranted if a new region were introduced in proximity to an old one. Then you said that you didn't want them to return to Japan and started going on about America being more interesting, even though I didn't say anything about the location of the potential region as it wasn't relevant to the point I was trying to make.

    If you don't like my idea, that's your prerogative. But refining it so that it fits your preconceived theory about yet another Unova sequel is neither here nor there. I think we've gone quite off-topic as it is.

  11. #1226
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    Anyway ladies, as CoroCoro has been and gone with no information, the staff has decided to close this thread until next month. If you still wish to discuss the number of Pokémon that might appear in this generation etc, there is the Ideas for Gen VI Pokémon thread.

  12. #1227
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,802
    Blog Entries
    138

    Follow Zeb on Tumblr

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    Gonna reopen this, since we're only a few days from the usuall time Corocoro leaks.

    I think we're only going to get a repeat of the Mewtwo from Smash. Who knows, we may be lucky and get some other small thing, though I'm not exactly hopeful of that (I still think June is probably going to be when things really get moving).

    What do you all hope we get and what do you realistically think we'll get?
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

  13. #1228
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,394
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    I think that we can at least expect confirmation regarding the name and whether or not we're dealing with a Forme or a separate species. That is really not asking for much, but of course, the trailer will confirm that on the 18th, anyway.

    I'd also like it if they hinted at Mewtwo having some role in the plot.

  14. #1229
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    I am hoping that we'll be receiving small amounts of information regularly, like every two weeks. Better than waiting for a month, only to receive one design of a new Pokemon, with no information to explain it. I hate waiting for information, and so far, after the announcement of X and Y along with the information with it, we've only received two new Pokemon designs. Sylveon has a name atleast, but we need more regular information in my opinion.
    Isamu Akai and Lugiafanatic like this.

  15. #1230
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

    I must not be paying much attention or being forgetful, I figured we would be waiting longer for a new CoroCoro leak. But yes, really hoping for more info on New Mew rather than what we already know. That is, at least hoping they'll actually give us some info unlike before.

    Still hoping it's a new specie. And it it does end up being 'Eclair forme', then for god sake, I hope they call it something else.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

LinkBacks (?)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •