CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion) - Page 61

Page 61 of 249 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree2145Likes

Thread: CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    I guess we're going to get the pre-order Movie Event Pokemon this issue...wonder who it'll be?

Mewtwo? Shiny Genesect? Or even "Pokemon Hills" Sableye that will be encouraged to transfer to XY?
    I think an Eevee will be the pre-order event. Similar to how you speculate with Sableye, it will be intended to go to XY and evolve into Sylveon.

As for Mewtwo and Red Genesect, one or the other will be the main distribution at the movie itself and likewise also intended for transfer to unlock something. Maybe like the Crown Beasts, both could be up for the download and whoever you didn't get is unlocked in an XY event...

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Crown Beasts were all distributed for Movie 13, but I forgot if people were only given a choice of one of them, or received all of them...maybe Eevee AND Sableye will be distributed, with special characteristics hinting towards transferring them to X/Y? Like this...

"Pokemon Hills" Sableye holding an Eviolite. Trickster? And an unusual move-set...the idea I have for Sableye's evolutions expands upon the jewels, so perhaps with an unexpected Rock-type move...let's go with Ancient Power. Maybe Sableye ends up eating some ancient rocks related to Genesect or something. Wait, Eviolite on Sableye, that's pointless...wait a minute!

"Eevee House" Eevee holding an Everstone. Since I'm going for Flying-type, maybe give it Tailwind to hint towards that. Why does a Pokemon known for evolving have an Everstone on it? Hmm...

And then when XY comes out, you have two Pokemon who are primed to evolve into two new evolutions. Although, I have to say, Sableye and Eevee would be a bit dull for distribution until XY comes...

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

I'd like to see a screenshot of Yveltal and Xerneas in battle, just so I can see what their 3D models are like. But I'm not going to get my hopes up for it.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

The Crown Beasts were all distributed for Movie 13, but I forgot if people were only given a choice of one of them, or received all of them...
    IIRC people randomly got just one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    The Crown Beasts were all distributed for Movie 13, but I forgot if people were only given a choice of one of them, or received all of them...
    IIRC people randomly got just one of them.
    It was a three week promotion (or 3 month maybe) and you got each one during each week (month). You got all 3 on three separate trips.

Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    It was a three week promotion (or 3 month maybe) and you got each one during each week (month). You got all 3 on three separate trips.
    You're thinking of the English Wi-Fi distribution. The movie pre-order distribution was a one Beast per ticket event.

Blog Entries

Should we expect anything significant?

THE Pokemon Master TheMonster6893's Avatar

It's hard to say for sure. Prolly not, but I'll keep hope until it's actually released.
    My Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Judging by the way the March CoroCoros during BW's and BW2's hype trains had nothing of real significance, nay.

The lack of hype for this issue is quite apparent due to no fakes being produced yet.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We didn't even know the names of Pokemon Black or White till April 2010, though, only Zorua and Zoroark. This time for B2/W2...we knew the names, I think, and the new Kyurem, but hadn't seen gameplay.

The coverage for X/Y is actually way ahead of that, as we know Starters, Legendaries, a new Eeveelution, and have seen game-play footage. I think we can be hopeful we'll get something decent about X/Y, at least.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Judging by the way the March CoroCoros during BW's and BW2's hype trains had nothing of real significance, nay.

The lack of hype for this issue is quite apparent due to no fakes being produced yet.
    We still have three to four more days until leaks may even start to surface. But even then that's early. I wouldn't expect anything remotely legitimate until Tuesday or Wednesday, the 12th and 13th, respectively. If we're going to get anymore good fakes it will happen at the tail end of this weekend, most likely.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It would make sense if they show off at least a Pokemon or two each month until release. (with a few more in the last couple months) Maybe it will be in the movie somehow?

Wasn't Munchlax unveiled for M07 in February that year when the movies always get their Japanese debut in July?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Wasn't Munchlax unveiled for M07 in February that year when the movies always get their Japanese debut in July?
    Munchlax was revealed in May 2004. Only the stars get revealed in February, and in the current case that that's what happened with Sylveon last month.

A Sableye evolution may be revealed in May or June. The current advertisements of movie-related merchandise don't have any placeholder, but it is possible that other products will be announced later. If Sableye evolves during the movie it will probably happen unexpectedly, so it is also possible that it will be a last-minute surprise with little foreshadowing.

Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    You're thinking of the English Wi-Fi distribution. The movie pre-order distribution was a one Beast per ticket event.
    Actually, it was Gamestop. Just saying.

And I think as far as distributions go, Genesect and/or Mewtwo will probably be given to Gen V games while we'll get an Eevee as a distribution to XY starting on the release day.

Only a few more days maybe before CoroCoro scans! Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    We still have three to four more days until leaks may even start to surface. But even then that's early. I wouldn't expect anything remotely legitimate until Tuesday or Wednesday, the 12th and 13th, respectively. If we're going to get anymore good fakes it will happen at the tail end of this weekend, most likely.
    Don't forget that, though it's rare, CoroCoro can leak as early as the 10th or 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Actually, it was Gamestop. Just saying.
    The Beasts were distributed over Wi-Fi not long after the Gamestop events ended.

LinkBacks (?)