CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion) - Page 6

Page 6 of 249 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree2145Likes

Thread: CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Wait, why aren't Xerneas' eyes blue with the x pupils in its art?
    Maybe it has to do something with the glowing horns? Like its powering itself up or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_Pokemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Distant cousins of Deoxys? I hope so, would love to see more not of this world Pokemon. Also are we sure this is it? Would at least be expecting the starters and PC's as well.
    With the DNA themes, it seems like a well-read guess to make that Deoxys will appear; it's been a while since its last appearance (Basically, isn't it like the Pokémon that hasn't had an event in the longest time? Even Jirachi had a thing or two in HGSS). But this seems to back up this.

Most importantly though, a space setting?! The first footage shows nothing that would indicate that, but I really wonder...
    Space would be pretty cool if that's being implied. And its not like we would go there, just likely have Pokemon from there. Also if this indeed has a space connection, then I'm really starting to wonder about the OG Dragon being in here somewhere. I know Kyurem from a meteor got debunked in B2W2, but what if the OG did.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Also are we sure this is it? Would at least be expecting the starters and PC's as well.
    There's still 9 months until release, so I don't see them revealing much yet, and the first few months of coverage are always lacking anyway.
    Sure, but considering how this news is basically the trailer news, but with art, I don't see why they wouldn't have pages with the revealed starters, for those who are young enough to not have watched the Pokemon direct. Not to mention, wouldn't it be odd for the news to be on pages 74-75 and then have Pokemon news on page 80, when they usually clump the entire Pokemon franchise news together? I know this could be all, but I could see 4 pages with the starters on 2, and 1 MC for the other 2 pages.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I'm super content on just getting the art for these guys. Type can wait. I am surprised though if there isn't an extra page that we haven't gotten yet. Seems odd there would be nothing showing the starters at all. I know we got their artwork already, but it seems odd for corocoro not to even advertise them at all.
    Mitzman! likes this.

Blog Entries

From PokéJungle:

Quote Originally Posted by Kriffix
    They say “Fastest scoop in all of space!” to mean something like “fastest news scoop in all the universe!”. They’ve done stuff like this before, it's safe to ignore.
    CoroCoro was merely referencing the news itself, while shamelessly ignoring the fact that they barely revealed anything new. At any rate, there is no evidence that the mascots are from outer space. However:

The facility in the desert is referred to as “seeming like a power plant”, and asks “where is the legendary Pokémon?”
    I wonder if that's just speculation on CoroCoro's part, or there really is a connection between the desert and the legendaries.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Oh, well that got shot down quickly. Probably speculation on CoroCoro's part, nothing usually comes from them.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    At any rate, there is no evidence that the mascots are from outer space.
    I disagee. For a start, the text above Yveltal was filled in with stars. Also, both resemble existing "alien" Pokémon: they lack mouths, a common "alien" Pokémon feature; and the glowing crystals on Xerneas' are rather space-y, IMO, similar to Deoxys' chest core brain thing. I mean, it's not an infallible theory by far, but there's definitely some evidence going for it.

Also, I know the "fastest news scoop in the universe!" bit could be just a figure of speech, but it's a bit suspicious with the above comments in mind, along with the fact that Pokémon coming from outer space isn't exactly an unprecedented idea.
    Last edited by Green Zubat; 11th January 2013 at 12:01 PM.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

El_
    Blog Entries

I really don't think there is any space connection. Even if there is a DNA theme, thats no confirmation it has anything to do with Deoxys, it could mean something entirely different.

In any case, the artwork is fantastic! I love Yveltal now almost as much as Xerneas. Its artwork actually reminds me quite a bit of Darkrai, especially if you notice the eyes and white mane. So, I'm definitely sticking to Dark/Flying on Yveltal as I have been. Xerneas I'm just going to stick with Steel/Grass typing, as thats the jive I get from it's antlers and body structure.

New typing(s) I'm not too sure of. I'm not banking on it, though anything is possible.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 1/11/13 | Feb issue; nothing ne

Updated the first post. I knew we wouldn't get much, but I know we'll get some new info next month, that is if it isn't revealed by another Pokemon Direct, or USA doesn't reveal it. Something like that.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Legendaries, nice, the artwork is stunning. Nowwhere is artwork for the official player characters? :<
    You can see the artwork for the male player character here: Hilbert (game) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    It is basically the same.

lol

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 1/11/13 | Feb issue; nothing ne

I don't think I've ever seen a Coro-Coro with pokemon news that only used two pages for it.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

I believe we will get a few starter screenshots and their height and weight. and eventually the PC's! the new facts we can expect in about a month the next issue!

Jun

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a Coro-Coro with pokemon news that only used two pages for it.
    Pokemon BW2 on March 12th. Only two page, and back then, the artwork were already showed before the Coro Coro.
    TwinleafShipper Fan

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I didn't follow the BW2 release :p
    Velvet likes this.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Legendaries, nice, the artwork is stunning. Nowwhere is artwork for the official player characters? :<
    You can see the artwork for the male player character here: Hilbert (game) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    It is basically the same.

lol
    I know, right? :-\
    And this sucks for more than one reason, considering that Nate also looks quite a lot like Hilbert. It's mainly the attire on fault. What's with blue? Has anyone at Game Freak really not noticed?

Jun

I'm expecting a new type. Not a Light type, but a "Mythic" or "Divine" type. It would be like the Dragon type, only the legendary Pokemon would access to that type. So in that case my bets are :
    X - Divine / Grass
    Y - Divine / Dark or Flying
    TwinleafShipper Fan

@Reila; @Ash_Pokemaster; Except Hilbert and Nate had brown hair and eyes, while Y-kun has black hair and gray/blue eyes. As for the jacket and hat, the only thing similar is the color. They all are very different in design: Hilbert has a light blue long-sleeved jacket; Nate has a short-sleeved darkish blue jacket; Y-kun has a normal blue jacket with white stripes. Their hats are very different, too: Hilbert has a Pokeball hat; Nate is wearing a visor. Neither resemble the hat Y-kun is wearing, again except for color. I heard no complaints about Ethan back then, where he was basically Red with shorts on. ._. Seriously, this "Y-kun is a clone of Hilbert/Nate" nonsense needs to stop, because the only thing they have in common is color; the designs themselves are very different and original.
    8ther likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Page 6 of 249 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)