CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion) - Page 58

Page 58 of 249 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Like Tree2145Likes

Thread: CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Cuteness? Elemental monkeys? Something doesn't compute here.
    The basic stage monkeys are pretty sweet! Their evos more or less! Especially grumpy Simisear!

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Uh, the Elemental Monkeys are pretty adorable...I have to say it wouldn't surprise me if we got a 4th Electric-type Monkey, since some legends include a fourth, "do no evil" monkey.

Anyway, I doubt Pokemon Rumble/Smash U is going to have that much to cover, so I wouldn't worry about it cannibalizing Gen VI information (and I doubt it's actually taking away from what they want to reveal from XY at this point anyway), just like, despite belief, the Spin-Offs don't actually interfere with main game development like some people think.
    Besides Electric I see a possible Ice type as well. and maybe poison or rock!?

I don't see huge a XY cover coming! Maybe 2-3 pages.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    The basic stage monkeys are pretty sweet! Their evos more or less! Especially grumpy Simisear!
    I've never seen anyone call the evolutions cute, while the first-stage monkeys aren't especially cute relative to other first-stage Pokémon. They are nowhere near as popular as the Eevee family are. I am not saying that another monkey line is outside the realm of possibilities, but I don't see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    I just don't hope that this month's issue will be about some stupid Mystery Dungeon or Pokémon Rumble U !
    Because Almost everyone are looking forward to new news about Gen VI !
    THIS. Oh God this. Spin-offs should have never been created ¬¬
    If you think Mystery Dungeon is stupid, you should rethink you whole life...

Also, PMD was released in Japan several months ago, so there's no reason this CoroCoro would be about PMD.
    I don't think it's stupid, but I do think it is extremely boring. But I know that's just me.

Blog Entries

In regards to the elemental monkey discussion; I didn't mind them in Unova, in fact, I didn't even bother with them. But I would really hate to see another one or two for the sake of having them. They're filler Pokemon. I couldn't bare to see another base monkey with a yellow/electric palette slapped on top to convey a "new" Electric-type Pokemon, or such. It's a cop-out, frankly.

But that's besides the point. As far as the next issue of CoroCoro is concerned, all I really want is additional screenshots and a possible hint at new and/or returning features. That would be swell.

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

I found Simipour to be the cutest one out of the three evos. Simisage had the most amazing pompadour.

... and I think I have a love of doofy-looking Pokemon.

That said, I would prefer if they didn't expand into the new region.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    They still gave us some information last month and we can expect to see a follow-up next week. There is really no reason to complain considering that things were worse in early 2006 and 2010. The fans that expect to see 3-4 new Pokémon every month only have themselves to blame if they end up being disappointed.
    There were 150+ Pokemon in Gen V so we got like 3 Pokemon a month in the lead up to Black and White. Obviously people were expecting that same pace, but since this is an "Expansion" generation, we'll be lucky to crack over 100 Pokemon. And like 30 of those will be babies or new evolutions.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    There were 150+ Pokemon in Gen V so we got like 3 Pokemon a month in the lead up to Black and White. Obviously people were expecting that same pace, but since this is an "Expansion" generation, we'll be lucky to crack over 100 Pokemon. And like 30 of those will be babies or new evolutions.
    Before the starters were revealed in May (four months before release), we had only known about Zoroark and Zorua. Starting from June, CoroCoro revealed 7 critters every month until Black and White's release. While it is unlikely that Generation VI will receive the same treatment even when we get closer to October, for now the coverage has been more substantial than that of Generation V in early 2010.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

I can see one more elemental monkey and maybe a pre-evolution. It can't be the next Eevee, because there are only 4 elemental monkeys (they fourth one not shown very often). The other one is Think No Evil, so maybe a Psychic type.
    An Electric type could fry out all the evil in its brains using electricity.
    I kid, I kid.
    Seriously, by tradition it would be Electric, but Gamefreak doesn't really follow tradition anymore, what with sequels instead of remakes and no third version.

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

/vp/ - Pok

Supposed rumours about what Corocoro is bringing.

The Chi and Psi species for Xerneas and Yveltal (respectively) could be interesting ideas. Not sure how far they could take them if it's real, though. I saw someone mention that Chi (Χ) and Psi (Ψ) are Greek letters. I'm not sure what Psi could represent, but for Chi this stuck out to me:

In Plato's Timaeus, it is explained that the two bands which form the soul of the world cross each other like the letter Χ.
    The soul of the world seems like something that would fit a legendary, right?

Anyway, once again I'm not believing. Seems like too much. I'm really just expecting Sylveon information and nothing more from Corocoro this month, so any rumours otherwise I won't believe until I see it. Also, from the lead up to BW and B2W2, aswell as the last two months with XY, 99.9% of the rumours that showed up were false. We've been given no reason to believe these are any different. So many rumours already and we still have seven months to go.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

* Mewtwo plot sounds plausible, and would perhaps explain the "reawakening"/"revival" subtitle.
    * Eevee and Friends plot sound a bit different from the one we got before, but not entirely contradictory, as the Eevee House could be within the Pokemon Hills Park Yuyama mentioned. The first poster had Meowth having hearts as he looked at Leafeon and Glaceon, and Oshawott was running from a Jolteon that appeared to have a crush on him, so the Eeveelution Sisters doesn't seem too odd.
    * "Spring Wind Pokemon"...the trailer did focus on wind blowing around it (perhaps Tailwind?), and Flying was a suggested type. Being all female has also been brought up...but that rumor seems like it's hinting at a Male Eeveelution too.
    * Chi and Psi resemble "X" and "Y", never really thought about that connection. Looking through the definitions of them, though, I can't find a solid connection, but I'm not that versed in greek.
    * New Pokemon sound the coolest, but the most unlikely part. All the names sound plausible...Altaros, a pun on the altair "cow herder" star, Yamemasu means "I quit!" and fits the tsukkomi theme, and Koorain is probably "Koaline", as in a coal-powered train line.
    * It's pretty likely that Sableye will appear soon, since it's obviously with Ash and co. in the poster. Nature Sanctuary (I guess he meant Preserve) seems like a possibility...I'm actually wondering if the PokeDex being stolen ties into that since that area is accessed when every New Unova Pokemon is seen in the game. Nuzleaf appears there in the game too.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

My grandpa was a Chi Psi.

Seems too obscure for them to actually use it. If they were trying for Greek letters resembling x and y they could have just gone with Chi and Upsilon, seeing how those are exactly X and Y. Unless they just liked the rhyming aspect too much.

Blog Entries

* Mewtwo plot sounds plausible, and would perhaps explain the "reawakening"/"revival" subtitle.
    Not really. Yuyama, the movie director, explained in his blog that Mewtwo's awakening is connected to the way it approaches the world. While Mewtwo was selfish in Movie 1 in only caring about its place in the world, the events that it has seen have made it care about the world as a whole. Quite frankly, the idea of an amnesia plot is pure nonsense.

* It's pretty likely that Sableye will appear soon, since it's obviously with Ash and co. in the poster. Nature Sanctuary (I guess he meant Preserve) seems like a possibility...I'm actually wondering if the PokeDex being stolen ties into that since that area is accessed when every New Unova Pokemon is seen in the game. Nuzleaf appears there in the game too.
    That part is highly iffy, as well. CoroCoro wouldn't just promote two episodes rather than announcing what the next saga is going to be about.

Blog Entries

It could be a possibility that Mewtwo begins with that world view only for some event, perhaps meddling via the movie's villain (Team Plasma or otherwise) to cause it to freak out and renge back to its older ways. That sort of fits its biography on the official site:

A Pokémon created by the recombining of Mew's genes. Its battle prowess has been raised to the max.

"Kakusei" ("Awakening" - the word used in the movie title) is the act of waking up, or of snapping out of something. It can also mean to come to one's senses and realize the errors of one's ways.

What does it mean for Mewtwo to "awaken"!?
    That's quite typical for these type of "VS" films where some outside locus ends up causing the titular stars to battle it out.

In fact, we don't know WHAT world view it's gained since we last saw it, it could be entirely negative and it's forgotten the positive things learned from Ash.
    Last edited by Garren; 6th March 2013 at 01:16 AM.

Blog Entries

It could be a possibility that Mewtwo begins with that world view only for some event, perhaps meddling via the movie's villain (Team Plasma or otherwise) to cause it to freak out and renge back to its older ways.
    So its awakening will be negated by some random plot device? That doesn't make much sense considering that is one of the movie themes.

"Kakusei" ("Awakening" - the word used in the movie title) is the act of waking up, or of snapping out of something. It can also mean to come to one's senses and realize the errors of one's ways.
    Are you suggesting that Mewtwo's awakening might be a regression? That theory is all but ruled out by the second definition of the word (essentially meaning redemption), which was highlighted for a reason. Once again, Yuyama's blog also clarifies that Mewtwo has already done its awakening before the movie.

In fact, we don't know WHAT world view it's gained since we last saw it, it could be entirely negative and it's forgotten the positive things learned from Ash.
    Yuyama begs to differ. Mewtwo's awakening is all about how different it has become since Movie 1.

Blog Entries

No, I'm thinking that the "awakening" might not occur before the film, but within the film itself, with Mewtwo awakening from its amnesia/funk and its bond between humans restored. As in he snaps out of his amnesia. Also, I highlighted the word, lol.
    Velvet and YamiiDenryuu like this.

LinkBacks (?)