CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion) - Page 51

Page 51 of 249 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 3730
Like Tree2145Likes

Thread: CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

  1. #751
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,363
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    What the....Sylveon? What kinda name is Sylveon! And I doubt its named after the Sylph fairy, as the German name Feelinara would be Sylphara, cause Sylph is Sylphe in German. This doesn't help anything, it just makes it worse! And it disappears, no doubt about it. The animations look stunning for beta footage, and I can only assume the final footage will be even more refined. This game is gonna be so awesome.
    Scarftail likes this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  2. #752
    ポケモン Tsutarja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,346
    Blog Entries
    564

    Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    What the....Sylveon? What kinda name is Sylveon! And I doubt its named after the Sylph fairy, as the German name Feelinara would be Sylphara, cause Sylph is Sylphe in German. This doesn't help anything, it just makes it worse! And it disappears, no doubt about it. The animations look stunning for beta footage, and I can only assume the final footage will be even more refined. This game is gonna be so awesome.
    Except the German word 'fee' from Feelinara means 'fairy'.

    So it's definitely a sort of fairy.

  3. #753
    Registered User Eneci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    1,305

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    is anybody watching the Nintedno direct stream!?

  4. #754
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,801
    Blog Entries
    138

    Follow Zeb on Tumblr

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    is anybody watching the Nintedno direct stream!?
    That has nothing to do with this thread.

    Now that I watch it again it actually does look like Double-Edge's animation when it hits Hariyama -- the same red and yellow explosion pattern.



    OK, I think it's probably Double-Edge too now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    No. Look closer. Sylveon disappears.
    Which isn't a strong point in your favor since Double Edge doesn't involve vanishing.
    I think that the ball of energy is probably meant to signify the force of the charge/tackle, like how using Fly turned the pokemon into a ball in some animations when obviously Fly doesn't cause the pokemon to turn into a ball.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

  5. #755
    Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rage City
    Posts
    1,212
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    The attacks were double edge, trump card, wish, and swift in that order.
    Agree with the other, but I don't think the third is Wish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    It doesn't tackle the enemy in the video though, it just blasts a ball of energy at it.
    And it is almost definitely super effective judging from the sound effect.
    Or critical hit.
    _____________________________________

    - I see I was wrong with the "fiery attack", as I called it. I though it was either Fire or Dragon, but now I see the animation, it's pretty obvious for me it's just Double Edge.

    - The second move is Trump Card, clearly. The last move is most probably Swift.

    Eevee can learn both Double Edge and Trump Card. Swift doesn't say anything either, Espeon learns it by level up. DW Eevee can have it too, and learned it by tutor on previous generations.

    The key for me is the third move, not the first. It's either Shadow Ball (which wouldn't say anything either, the whole Eevee family learns it by TM), or a new move. Going nuts, Aeroblast. lol

    Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

  6. #756
    Registered User Eneci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    1,305

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    so it's interesting that Nintendo direct is revealing this information before CoroCoro official comes out in Japan! the 15th comes in and hour and a half. and this is out already 2 hours!

  7. #757
    Nyx
    Nyx is offline
    What does the Vulpix say? Nyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    BMGf
    Posts
    696

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    So...its name is as enigmatic as its design is. Sylveon is a beautiful name though.

  8. #758
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,363
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    So...its name is as enigmatic as its design is. Sylveon is a beautiful name though.
    Not so enigmatic as we might think. Its likely named after the air fairies, or Sylphs, so yeah. Likely flying, and a weird design to boot.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  9. #759
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,801
    Blog Entries
    138

    Follow Zeb on Tumblr

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    I think it'd be best if we moved all Sylveon discussion to the new pokemon thread now that we're a few days after the leaks: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/new-pokemon-discussion-speculation-thread-144327/

    Also because the latest trailer, while relating to Sylveon, didn't come from Corocoro - which is the topic of this thread. Please and thanks, guys.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

  10. #760
    Registered User Jan Jan die Draakman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    On Sylveon/Ninfia no no new type yet. imo its a Normal evolution (especially after the clip) as a alternative to the current Eeveelution.

    Ideas about dragon, fly is the major alternatives as far I've read in this thread. Please do explain the features that this new Eeveelution shows towards that end.

    On a Light type, imo to long since no new types were added. Combo types for eevee is maybe far-fetched. Hiding the type xD maybe a hype being created for a change in the normal idea of Eeveelution. However Normal is a change in it self.

    On the clip
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    The attacks were double edge, trump card, wish, and swift in that order.

  11. #761
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,363
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    Okay, so the prefix Sylv, in Sylveon could be for the air fairy, but what I find interesting is that Sylv is used widely as well for forests or inhabitant of forest. Most randomly, Sylv is also used in the beginning of Sylvilagus, which is the latin word for rabbit. Nothing really solid in other words to pin point what exactly Sylveon is connected to, but the german/French names likely point out to the fairy connection.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  12. #762
    My Sword Hand Twitches! Owain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,024
    Blog Entries
    67

    Follow Owain on Tumblr

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Jan die Draakman View Post

    Ideas about dragon, fly is the major alternatives as far I've read in this thread. Please do explain the features that this new Eeveelution shows towards that end.
    Please explain what features it shows toward dragons...?

    I think even though its prefix Sylv, it still sounds like sylph.

  13. #763
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,801
    Blog Entries
    138

    Follow Zeb on Tumblr

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    I think it'd be best if we moved all Sylveon discussion to the new pokemon thread now that we're a few days after the leaks: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/new-pokemon-discussion-speculation-thread-144327/

    Also because the latest trailer, while relating to Sylveon, didn't come from Corocoro - which is the topic of this thread. Please and thanks, guys.
    Why are people ignoring this? To the other thread with Sylveon discussion or I will close this thread for a while.
    Joshawott likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

  14. #764
    My Sword Hand Twitches! Owain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,024
    Blog Entries
    67

    Follow Owain on Tumblr

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    I think it'd be best if we moved all Sylveon discussion to the new pokemon thread now that we're a few days after the leaks: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/new-pokemon-discussion-speculation-thread-144327/

    Also because the latest trailer, while relating to Sylveon, didn't come from Corocoro - which is the topic of this thread. Please and thanks, guys.
    Why are people ignoring this? To the other thread with Sylveon discussion or I will close this thread for a while.
    I for one, thought CoroCoro would discuss more about Sylveon, therefore it doesn't seem too off to discuss it here, but maybe that's just me.
    Reila likes this.

  15. #765
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,801
    Blog Entries
    138

    Follow Zeb on Tumblr

    Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    I think it'd be best if we moved all Sylveon discussion to the new pokemon thread now that we're a few days after the leaks: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/new-pokemon-discussion-speculation-thread-144327/

    Also because the latest trailer, while relating to Sylveon, didn't come from Corocoro - which is the topic of this thread. Please and thanks, guys.
    Why are people ignoring this? To the other thread with Sylveon discussion or I will close this thread for a while.
    I for one, thought CoroCoro would discuss more about Sylveon, therefore it doesn't seem too off to discuss it here, but maybe that's just me.
    We have a thread dedicated to discussing new pokemon and Sylveon is a new pokemon; it's not off-topic in this thread since Corocoro revealed it earlier, but with more news that hasn't come from Corocoro about Sylveon (the English name + the trailer) the topic works better in the other thread. And there's also not much point splitting one topic between two threads.

    If you have any other questions or concerns I would appreciate it if you PM'd me instead.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

LinkBacks (?)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •