CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion) - Page 2
Page 2 of 249 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

slow...poke Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

I really want the official art and names of the box legends next. Their typings would also be a plus, but I doubt that we'll get them yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible we could make this thread more of a 'news' thread rather than solely a Coro Coro thread? Kind of like last time during Black 2/White 2 everyone used the Coro Coro thread as kind of a 'news' thread too talking about Pokemon Smash etc. Since we'll be getting different tidbits from different outlets due to the international release, I think having a place to kind of discuss the news rather than open a billion new threads for small news like the one I'm about the post is a more organized idea - just throwing it out there!

But anyway, Game Informer interviewed someone from TPCi and it seems that they mentioned that new news on the game is likely coming within the next 24 hours.

We just found out about Pokémon X and Y this morning, but Pokémon company international is already out and about answering questions… sort of.

We asked J.C. Smith, the director of consumer marketing for the Pokémon company international, about the gameplay, the graphics, how many new Pokémon we can expect to see, and a lot more about for Pokémon X and Y. He wasn't ready to answer most of our specific questions, but he did offer a few tidbits and promised that new information on the game is coming as early as tomorrow. (this was posted the day the games were revealed, so tomorrow = today)

Smith also assured us that Takao Unno, director of Black and White 2, and Junichi Masuda, producer of Black and White 2, enjoyed our previous interview where we asked a number of bizarre questions. We were sure that we would never be allowed to speak to them again.

Keep an eye out tomorrow for more information on Pokémon X and Y, and in the meantime check out Smith's answers below.

Pok
    Last edited by P0kelegend; 9th January 2013 at 05:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Honestly I think given how early it is in the pre-release I think we can expect mostly a rehash of the content we were delivered in the trailer. That doesn't mean we can't get any new content - we'l probably get some more info on the starters (and possibly the legendaries) as well as maybe some more screenshots of gameplay - but as much as I'd love some, I don't think it's likely that we'll get reveals of any new Pokemon or features.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Since the new Pokemon are revealed with names in every language on the first day (a first), I would like to see the magazine reveal the different names for every new member they introduce, as unlikely as it is (because it's a Japanese magazine, so it's in Japanese only). Move would not likely follow the same pattern, I don't think.

Thanks for reading.
    “Hear no evil, and see no evil, abase not thyself, neither sigh and weep. Speak no evil, that thou mayest not hear it spoken unto thee, and magnify not the faults of others that thine own faults may not appear great; and wish not the abasement of anyone, that thine own abasement be not exposed.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Post Thanks / Like

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    Since the new Pokemon are revealed with names in every language on the first day (a first), I would like to see the magazine reveal the different names for every new member they introduce, as unlikely as it is (because it's a Japanese magazine, so it's in Japanese only). Move would not likely follow the same pattern, I don't think.

Thanks for reading.
    They might just update all the Pokemon sites on Corocoro release day with the new info.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Post Thanks / Like

More Info about X & Y on CoroCoro? i do believe so, personally though i would love to see Froakie's evolutions being revealed.

Fiery passion that burns! Season's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

I think they're inevitably going to cover Pokemon X & Y but whether that will be just what we know or more remains to be known, I guess it's another thing to look forward too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow LegolasTheElf On Twitter

I want to see some info regarding the starters and the two legendary pokemon such as type and classification....

Legolas Greenleaf!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd really like to know more about the starters and Xerneas and Yveltal as well, especially their types. I was racking my brain at work today trying to think of what types fit the legendaries(aside from Flying for Yveltal, obviously). My guess at this stage would be Dark/Flying for Yveltal and Normal for Xerneas, although I've probably missed the mark completely. As for the starters, a few people have theorised that Chespin will become Grass/Dark, Fennekin will become Fire/Psychic, and Froakie will become Water/Fighting based on moves they used in the trailer, so the type match-up will go two ways. I'm definitely interested in seeing how they turn out.

Simpler times ahead
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Since they went ahead and revealed stuff normally reserved for the start, I'm gonna guess that we're likely not gonna get much, bar some art for the PCs and legendaries. Perhaps even the region just to get it done with.
    As for the future I do believe 2-3 pokemon will be a standard, and general info each month starting February will happen. Something tells me that the games are gonna need those extra 4-5 months to be covered. Probably a whole issue just for the Ui and pokedex if the games are really different.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as we got the names online, it seems even more likely we'll be getting the Sugimori art of the two legendaries. Don't know if we can expect much of anything other than that though.

Post Thanks / Like

Correctly me if I'm wrong but doesn't CoroCoro usually leak onto the night around the 15th or so?

Fiery passion that burns! Season's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Correctly me if I'm wrong but doesn't CoroCoro usually leak onto the night around the 15th or so?
    It's usually between 13th & 15th so yeah, around that time.

Post Thanks / Like

@Facebook; I see. Thank you!

Though I am rather curious to what will be in the scan; some stuff we already known like the starters and the two Legendaries. I am hoping that we'll get a name for the region (in all languages) and perhaps that eeveelution and a few new Pokemon as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Want list in order.

Misc new Pokémon
    Yveltal and Xerneas's Sugimori art
    Starter Evolutions

Although the evo's aren't that likely to show up.

Page 2 of 249 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast